• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

If Moyes was the one that said no, then man... sorry ManUtdBros, Moyes is taking you down.

fake edit

Ahh. No worries guys, it wasn't real after all.

He is a stinger, a greedy one no matter what assists stats may have you believe.

When he takes more shots than both his strikers combined and assist less than the striker(Benz), you really can't say you are a winger.

He is a Stinger as Yurt says, a massive massive Stinger. Nothing wrong with that, but saying he is a winger is a bit wrong.

Reminds me of people saying Messi is a midfielder lol.

The thing is that a "stinger" is a made up term. Strikers and wingers are real things. Cristiano is a striker, he just occupies the left side of the field during build up.

Messi is a striker, but he has all of the attributes that a good midfielder has as well. He can quite literally do everything. So it's not that strange to consider him a midfielder, if one were to consider a false 9 to be a midfielder, because he often drops into that space and distributes the ball as well as anybody.

Linius

^^ lol u guys

Cologne is full with posters for Grown Ups 2 and Wolverine (which comes next week) lol. No marketing at all. At least one friend of mine said she saw a commercial. But she hates the movie lol.

Are you from Cologne Bla? I was there last week to see Neil Young :p

Our navigation played games with us sadly. We were on the highway and all of a sudden we were navigated off the highway in the midst of Duisburg in a fucking 'stau'. Now I've seen the stadium of the local FSV but what a shitty move was that, we almost came later in Cologne :p

kharma45

Craig Norwood has tweeted: £10million plus Juan Mata for Rooney declined by Moyes and Woodward, no doubt Chelsea will offer us more money soon. Jose wants Rooney

Jose "Dave, give you Mata or Luiz & I will throw in 10 million british pounds for your want away striker" - Dave "No""

<

Feorax

So how would that work at United? Would one of Mata/Kagawa play wide?

Or would that deal bring a premature end to Shinji's United career?

FootballFan

I just can't imagine seeing Mata in another shirt other then Chelsea :( especially a fucking United one. Might as well hand you them the league if they get Mata.

gbBWd47.jpg

We're here for you Chris <3

So how would that work at United? Would one of Mata/Kagawa play wide?

Or would that deal bring a premature end to Shinji's United career?

Kagawa and Mata can play anywhere in attacking midfield. It would literally be the best transfer of all time if we managed to get money plus Mata for shitbag, finished by 30 Rooney. All we'd need now is another attacking midfielder in that mould, i.e. Reus and I would fap myself to death.

GorillaJu

You guys are nuts. I consider myself a huge fan of Juan Mata - he's one of the best players in the PL, but Rooney is better. The fact is that we're used to seeing Rooney do amazing things in the PL because he's been doing them for like 10 years. Rooney's biggest fault is his work rate, and Mourinho may think he can nullify that problem by offering him a fresh start.

United fans on here constantly berate him, mostly because his hugely apparent lack of respect to his club. The truth is he's still a brilliant footballer, even though he's had a falling out with United's club hierarchy.

Rooney > Mata.

kharma45

I'm getting my cock out, Moyes is gonna go balls deep.

----------DDG

Rafael Río vidic Evra

-------Carrick

----Felliani fabregas

mata ---------------Shinji

----------RVP

Wes

venison crêpe
You guys are nuts. I consider myself a huge fan of Juan Mata - he's one of the best players in the PL, but Rooney is better. The fact is that we're used to seeing Rooney do amazing things in the PL because he's been doing them for like 10 years. Rooney's biggest fault is his work rate, and Mourinho may think he can nullify that problem by offering him a fresh start.

United fans on here constantly berate him, mostly because his hugely apparent lack of respect to his club. The truth is he's still a brilliant footballer, even though he's had a falling out with United's club hierarchy.

Rooney > Mata.

Interesting points. I'm just a huge fan of Mata. He's probably my favourite player at another club. I think Rooney is more trouble than he's worth, or costs salary-wise.

For England's sake I would like Rooney to go to Chelsea though. This is like when Jose wanted Gerrard. He could've perhaps solved the Gerrard/Lampard problem. Now we have a problem with Rooney, maybe he can slove that.

FootballFan

The thing is that a "stinger" is a made up term. Strikers and wingers are real things. Cristiano is a striker, he just occupies the left side of the field during build up.

Messi is a striker, but he has all of the attributes that a good midfielder has as well. He can quite literally do everything. So it's not that strange to consider him a midfielder, if one were to consider a false 9 to be a midfielder, because he often drops into that space and distributes the ball as well as anybody.

True true I agree. If Messi worked harder on defending/tackling he would easily make it into midfield. He fits right in attacking/possession wise.

Wes

venison crêpe
Hazard is annoying. Telling Benteke he should leave Villa? He needs to stop flicking ideas in to Christian's head.

Carbonox

And now over on GamingGAF, some burk is suggesting that Naughty Dog should buy themselves back from Sony so they can make more buck and that's a logical thing.

IS TODAY BIZARRO DAY OR SOMETHING I DONT EVEN

Feorax

Kagawa and Mata can play anywhere in attacking midfield. It would literally be the best transfer of all time if we managed to get money plus Mata for shitbag, finished by 30 Rooney. All we'd need now is another attacking midfielder in that mould, i.e. Reus and I would fap myself to death.

It would be impressive, but not really something I've ever seen Moyes do before. Even with Everton he tended to use orthodox wingers and either second strikers or physical midfielders further forward.

If Chelsea are willing to add £10 million to Luiz for Rooney, that suggests to me they'd probably be willing to let him go for around £25 million or so. We should be all over that.

FeD.nL

So what's up with Mata, I really don't get why Mourinho would want to get rid of him. Mata best friends with Casillas or something??

GorillaJu

Hazard is better than Mata though right. I am trying to make my self feel better for fucks sake.

ISbebsI.png

Well, IMO yes. I honestly think if you got Rooney in for Mata and kept Hazard, you'd be an extremely strong position.

Remember that Mata's quality was there for the world to see before Chelsea bought him, and Arsenal were reluctant to pay the 18m before Valencia pulled that deal. Chelsea nabbed him rather unceremoniously.

Hazard, on the other hand, was one of the most sought after players in Europe, and United were one of four of five top PL clubs chasing his signature.

If I were Chelsea, I'd be desperate to keep Hazard, but reluctantly obliging in regards to Mata.

Wes

venison crêpe
So what's up with Mata, I really don't get why Mourinho would want to get rid of him. Mata best friends with Casillas or something??

Maybe the noises out of Chelsea all summer have been right, Luiz and Mata are surplus to requirements in Jose's eyes. Very bizarre though.

It would be impressive, but not really something I've ever seen Moyes do before. Even with Everton he tended to use orthodox wingers and either second strikers or physical midfielders further forward.

If Chelsea are willing to add £10 million to Luiz for Rooney, that suggests to me they'd probably be willing to let him go for around £25 million or so. We should be all over that.

Moyes had to do what he had to do at Everton. He's at United now and as Carbonox's avatar says in the 2010 hit movie Inception:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGbrEmVrhc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom