• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

How do people not know Pacific Rim? That movie can't be dodged with all the marketing around it.

to be honest, I haven't seen a single advert for it either.

But I do watch very little actual television (except for DVDs), so I am not exposed to any kind of advertising. So I cannot say if there is a lot of marketing in Germany, but I can say that out of the 15 people at the birthday party I attended Monday night, I was the only one who had ever heard of the film.

Wes

venison crêpe
Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m
#MUFC rejected Chelsea's opening bid for Wayne Rooney last night. They insist he is not for sale.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 58s
Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney was cash plus a player. #MUFC told them to shove it.

This kind of brutal language!

Walshy

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 2m
Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney was cash plus a player. #MUFC told them to shove it.

Blablurn

^^ lol u guys

But I do watch very little actual television (except for DVDs), so I am not exposed to any kind of advertising. So I cannot say if there is a lot of marketing in Germany, but I can say that out of the 15 people at the birthday party I attended Monday night, I was the only one who had ever heard of the film.

Cologne is full with posters for Grown Ups 2 and Wolverine (which comes next week) lol. No marketing at all. At least one friend of mine said she saw a commercial. But she hates the movie lol.

Manchester United have rejected Chelsea's sensational opening offer for Wayne Rooney - £10million plus a player.

Sportsmail understands the two players remarkably on offer are Player of the Year Juan Mata or Brazil international David Luiz.

United have insisted the wantaway striker is not for sale and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho must now decide whether to submit a fresh offer.

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK. THIS HAS TO BE BULLSHIT.

edit - WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING! PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WE ARE NOT THIS FUCKING STUPID! I AM HAVING A FUCKING MELTDOWN HERE!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That sounds like complete shit but if United did turn down Mata + £10m then they are truly crazy. That would have been the bargain of the century.

Walshy

Ben Smith is reporting it now too.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Chelsea offered David Luiz or Juan Mata plus £10m. United flaty rejected it. Chelsea will come back with another bid, however.

FootballFan

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m
#MUFC rejected Chelsea's opening bid for Wayne Rooney last night. They insist he is not for sale.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 58s

Dayummm

GorillaJu

For everyone here who argued against me when I said that Ronaldo is a striker and not a winger, you should look at that stat list. The only stat in which Cristiano is a top 10 ranked player in the CL is in shooting (where he is ranked third). The two in front of Cristiano in shooting are Burak Yilmaz and Lewandowski.

In terms of chance creation or "take on," the two categories most associated with wingers/tricky wide players, he falls short and isn't in the top 10 for either category. Eden Hazard is in the top 10 for chance creation, and is top spot for take on.

Wtf, I really hope this isn't true. I could see them letting Luiz go (Barce or PSG) but Mata?
The last rumours were that he was getting a new contract.

Linius

That's surprising. I live in the country next to you and posters are everywhere here. Also magazines and papers wrote some lenghty pieces on it last week and this week. It's one of the bigger summer blockbusters. At least, that's how they market it. Seems logical since the budget of the film itself was huge and the studio obviously want to see that money back trough ticket sales.

Ushojax

Shit, it's being reported everywhere. If Chelsea are this desperate then maybe United can wring a bit more money out of them.

Feorax

Wow, everything just got a bit mental...

United are insane if this is true. So are Chelsea if they're willing to get rid of Mata.

LTWheels

So first he doesn't think Thiago is good enough for the EPL, then he turns down Mata + £10m for his second choice striker.

I'm really liking Moyes at United.

I said a while back that Moyes is known to be very indecisive over transfers. Happy as a Liverpool fan.

I can't handle this, its too much. Mata could be our next Lampard (contribution, appearances, goals scored etc), he's got the talent, loves the club and he's a fan favourite.

Im going to the dentist, when I come back I expect a denial from the club!

FootballFan

If Moyes was the one that said no, then man... sorry ManUtdBros, Moyes is taking you down.

fake edit

Goal have just reported it, so it's definitely a load of bollocks.

Ahh. No worries guys, it wasn't real after all.

For everyone here who argued against me when I said that Ronaldo is a striker and not a winger, you should look at that stat list. The only stat in which Cristiano is a top 10 ranked player in the CL is in shooting (where he is ranked third). The two in front of Cristiano in shooting are Burak Yilmaz and Lewandowski.

In terms of chance creation or "take on," the two categories most associated with wingers/tricky wide players, he falls short and isn't in the top 10 for either category. Eden Hazard is in the top 10 for chance creation, and is top spot for take on.

He is a stinger, a greedy one no matter what assists stats may have you believe.

When he takes more shots than both his strikers combined and assist less than the striker(Benz), you really can't say you are a winger.

He is a Stinger as Yurt says, a massive massive Stinger. Nothing wrong with that, but saying he is a winger is a bit wrong.

Reminds me of people saying Messi is a midfielder lol.

Ushojax

Is it that crazy? There was talk as soon as Mou came back that he was willing to lose Mata, the player himself had to comment on the speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom