• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The only reason I can see not trading is because its Chelsea, I really dont want to sell to Chelsea

But I really want Mata

Clegg

Info seems to be leaking from United far too frequently these days.

If this offer is real then we'd be completely moronic to reject it.

We want Rooney gone. Rooney wants to go. Chelsea want Rooney and would give us money plus their best player.

Moysey pls.

Going back to Jamie Jackson's point, if it's an option to buy Mata/Luiz then that's very, very different to a player swap. We'd still have to pay a large amount for the player.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Well the BBC says its either Luiz or Mata, if its Luiz I can totally understand

TrueBlue

I don't understand.

Why the fuck are we so stupid
Why the fuck are Chelsea so stupid
Where the fuck would Mata and Kagawa play
What the fuck do we do if Moyes tries to fit them into a 4-4-2
What the fuck happens if Moyes thinks either is the midfield signing we need
Why the fuck haven't I got an erection yet reading it
What the fuck
What the fuck
What the fuck

This is mind boggling. I feel like someone's spiked my drink but instead of sexually assaulting me they've just put me on twitter
and let me fuck myself

These are the reasons as to why I doubt the rumor, plus the Mou quote Fady posted.

We want Rooney gone. Rooney wants to go. Chelsea want Rooney and would give us money plus their best player.

Moysey pls.

It's Paul Stretford. Not like the club can gag him. Both clubs will be annoyed he's leaked this offer.

I get the impression that the board thinks the fans actually like Rooney and want him to stay.

A journalist on the radio a minute ago said that the club wants to make it look like Rooney is leaving as the bad guy (which everyone thinks he is anyway).

Carbonox

Seems Mourinho wants to collect a whole team of Premier Asses. You got Ivanovic, Hazard and he wants Rooney whose face looks like an albino black woman's arse and so counts.

Clegg

Actually it's far more likely to be Luiz than Mata.

Chelsea couldn't be that stupid, right?

They probably offered us Mikel too.

sohois

I guess I can see Mourinho's logic in this deal; Chelsea have a major gap in their squad up front but are quite well stocked in the AM position, even if Mata were to leave there would still be Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and KDB. He perhaps feels bringing in a top striker and losing one AM would ultimately result in a stronger first 11.

What is more, Rooney is basically the only 'top' striker still available at this point. Well, and Suarez, but I can't see Chelsea approving a deal for someone who bit one of their own players. The only question is why wouldn't Chelsea just offer a straight cash deal?

Mr Cola

I'm not in denial bro. Either it is real or not; I don't believe it is. I'd be shocked if it is. Would be shocked by Chelsea in specific.

BBC is usually pretty reliable, whether an official "offer" was made or a discussion "Would you take x + £million I dont know.

Fascinating times

Actually it's far more likely to be Luiz than Mata.

Chelsea couldn't be that stupid, right?

They probably offered us Mikel too.

Fuckers our player to begin with

Salvadora

I guess I can see Mourinho's logic in this deal; Chelsea have a major gap in their squad up front but are quite well stocked in the AM position, even if Mata were to leave there would still be Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and KDB. He perhaps feels bringing in a top striker and losing one AM would ultimately result in a stronger first 11.

What is more, Rooney is basically the only 'top' striker still available at this point. Well, and Suarez, but I can't see Chelsea approving a deal for someone who bit one of their own players. The only question is why wouldn't Chelsea just offer a straight cash deal?
It's the equivalent of loading the gun pointed at your head.

You would be strengthening United's main area of weakness tenfold.

I don't understand.

Why the fuck are we so stupid
Why the fuck are Chelsea so stupid
Where the fuck would Mata and Kagawa play
What the fuck do we do if Moyes tries to fit them into a 4-4-2
What the fuck happens if Moyes thinks either is the midfield signing we need
Why the fuck haven't I got an erection yet reading it
What the fuck
What the fuck
What the fuck

This is mind boggling. I feel like someone's spiked my drink but instead of sexually assaulting me they've just put me on twitter and let me fuck myself

1yaw6.gif

Seeing United fans like this almost makes the diarrhea go away.

Mr Cola

Because unless its absurd we wont sell him to you, why would we? Hes got 2 years left and you honestly believe in a world cup year hes not going to try next season? It would be career suicide to sulk on a bench for a season and refuse to play.

Carbonox

BBC is usually pretty reliable, whether an official "offer" was made or a discussion "Would you take x + £million I dont know.

Fascinating times
/QUOTE]

Alright, so we shall take this as confirmed then?

I'm taking all of this as confirmation that contact definitely was made between Chelsea and Man Utd over Rooney. To what degree is the real question. Fact of the matter is that Chelsea want him.

Mr Cola

If we get Mata and Fabregas I swear ill run up to OT and profess Moyes my new god

Man United...Options...Midfield

*dies*

It won't be Moyes, it will be Woodward.

Moyes says who he wants and the club negotiates the deal. It's not like Football Manager where you're negotiating fees, clauses and contracts yourself.

I can't imagine Moyes not wanting Mata. If he doesn't want him, sack him now.

Agreed. Maybe it's the only way Chelsea could potentially convince the United board to sell to a PL rival. I really hope our board aren't childishly stubborn on that point.

Wilbur

Banned
It's the equivalent of loading the gun pointed at your head.

You would be strengthening United's main area of weakness tenfold.

Not really; mata plays in the Kagawa role behind the striker and doesn't do much defensive work, it wouldn't solve any problems in CM. We'd still need Fellaini/Fabregas.

Into

Why are they not selling this overrated POS player that was better when he was 18 than he is today?

He is just going cause drama for this new manager that already has the weight of the world on his shoulders trying to live up to Ferguson. He does not need this drama queen, they already have a far superior player in RVP.

Chelsea offered £10m in cash plus a player, either Juan Mata or David Luiz.

Juan Mata would have fit them well

I am not a United fan or fan of any Prem teams, but this is mind boggling

Mr Cola

Well I know one thing is confirmed, we will all be waiting in line at Tesco for the next addition of Rooney's life story, I hear this time hes not using a ghost writer :O

Salvadora

Not really; mata plays in the Kagawa role behind the striker and doesn't do much defensive work, it wouldn't solve any problems in CM. We'd still need Fellaini/Fabregas.
Took Fellaini for granted tbh. If you agreed to this all you would have to do is trigger that buyout clause and you'd be done with midfield signings.

Chelsea would be doing your work for you.

If we got Mata and Fellaini, I wouldn't mind treading water another season before we could secure a proper Scholes replacement. Just don't see Cesc ever happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom