• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Who wouldn't want Mata. You'd have a player to rival Silva.

Silva's garbage for 60 percent of the year and okay for 30 percent of it. Fuck him.

Mata's certainly better than him and Shinji, but Kagawa proved in Germany just how good he can be. Both of them roaming around behind RVP makes my dick tingle though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Don't even know if I want Mata :looooooool, my Shinji love is too overbearing

Maybe its because I dont follow other leagues, but last season was my first viewing of Shinji and he didnt impress

Salazar

Eurosport also mentioned this interesting point:

Manchester United apparently leaked details of their strange offer for Cesc Fabregas on Monday, and there are various theories as to their motivation. There is nothing to suggest this report is not mischief making – from Chelsea or United, who could be annoyed with Mourinho's open courting of Rooney and seeking to destabilise Mata, who would solve their creativity problems in one fell swoop.

Eh.

"Nothing to suggest this report is not mischief making" is gibberish.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli have €124.5m at their disposal for new players, club President Aurelio De Laurentiis has claimed.

“If we add that €64.5m to the €60m that we had in our budget already then we get €124.5m that Napoli will invest with diligence and experience,” he noted.

tumblr_m2i6ssNsAm1r0oxugo1_500.gif

----------------Higuain------------------
---------------------------------------------
-Insigne-----Hamsik-----Callejon-
---------------------------------------------
--------Behrami--------Inler------------
----------------------------------------------
-Armero--Canna--Albiol---Maggio-

That's a pretty average team to be honest.
KuGsj.gif

Its a great game, but Playstation fans love a bit of hyperbole, the ending wasn't really what I expected.

Yup, pretty much.

Clegg

I can't believe the Mata/Rooney rumor. It just makes no sense.

Why would Chelsea sell him and why would United reject the deal?
Never accept the first offer unless its mind-boggingly good. Reject the offer and if the bidding team want your player badly enough they'll come back with an improved bid.

Wilbur

Banned
Maybe its because I dont follow other leagues, but Shinji didnt impress me much last season, despite all the hype surrounding him.

Yeah he didn't. Not just his fault, Fergie used him wrong until the end of the season, but acclimatising to a new league and language and players, playing on the left, injuries, and not being brave enough with the ball all contributed. The talent's obviously there though and it's encouraging that he's spoke about improving and not being happy with his first year.

Like Naughty God says, he plays on the left for Japan and does well there. Moyes doesn't use wingers as much as Fergie did as well for wide play, preferring his full backs to do that; Mirallas and Pienaar certainly cut in a lot, so if Shinji plays aside Fabregas/Mata with Zaha on the other side, it'll look like Chelsea I think with a lot of inverted movement.

Fady K

Eh.

"Nothing to suggest this report is not mischief making" is gibberish.

If the Fabregas bid was bullcrap, I don't see why this would be gibberish.

Either of us could be wrong though, we'll have to wait and see now like we did with the other stories of the summer.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Yeah he didn't. Not just his fault, Fergie used him wrong until the end of the season, but acclimatising to a new league and language and players, playing on the left, injuries, and not being brave enough with the ball all contributed. The talent's obviously there though and it's encouraging that he's spoke about improving and not being happy with his first year.

Like Naughty God says, he plays on the left for Japan and does well there. Moyes doesn't use wingers as much as Fergie did as well for wide play, preferring his full backs to do that; Mirallas and Pienaar certainly cut in a lot, so if Shinji plays aside Fabregas/Mata with Zaha on the other side, it'll look like Chelsea I think with a lot of inverted movement.

Are we giving up on Valencie with Zaha? My folks said last season they saw a decline in Valencias speed, apparently since that long injury he had he has never looked right, which is understandable. Zaha was the only bright spot other than Adnan in the SS game I saw, clearly confident with the ball.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Interesting interview with Tevez

http://on.cnn.com/1bIbeiu

Oh there's absolutely no pressure to win the CL in Turin, because we're aware of our CL finals curse.

How come the Camorra has so much money to pump into Napoli ?
Serious question.

I don't know why you think the mafia give a fuck about football. And even if they do, that's a pretty expensive fuck to give innit?

ADL is wealthy and Napoli is a well run club.

Wilbur

Banned
Are we giving up on Valencie with Zaha? My folks said last season they saw a decline in Valencias speed, apparently since that long injury he had he has never looked right, which is understandable. Zaha was the only bright spot other than Adnan in the SS game I saw, clearly confident with the ball.

Moyes will like Valencia, and on form he's a dangerous weapon; not many teams in the league have such an outright and direct winger. Problem is that he hasn't been on form for a year now :/

Doesn't mean much when you got a real limitless tank.

Yeah true enough. Can't see Dzeko wanting to stick around though if he's third choice.

antonio-banderas-gif-52bbd904-original.gif

Now I know this shit is never going to happen. Every summer, I swear.

Salazar

I don't know why you think the mafia give a fuck about football. And even if they do, that's a pretty expensive fuck to give innit?

I know a post typed with a dagger hovering above a gaffer's buttocks when I read one.

dc89

Well today is a historic day in the history of the worlds greatest website.

Today we launch 10 international versions. This means 80% of the worlds population can now read the site in their native language.

Kenka

I apologize. You seem to be right.

How is it possible that SSC Napoli seems to be the best run thing in whole Naples. Laurentiis should teach Italian officials about how to run a business below Firenze, he would do marvels.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There were actually a lot of games where Mata was ineffective and the others pulled the win for the team.

Tottenham with Gareth Bale is more of a one man team than Chelsea is with Mata IMO.

I'm joking, both Mata and Bale play almost every game so wins without is a pointless stat anyway. It's just alarmingly low.

Afellay has got another serious injury. Poor bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom