• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect Chelsea not to say anything.

Me too but they've admitted to bidding. Point is that no club would ever admit to offering players. It destablises and devalues the players. You'd only ever do so on a confidential basis. Stretham (and maybe United) has landed Chelsea in it and now it's denialsville time.

K1LLER7

You think Chelsea might have actually offered Mata but didn't expect it to get leaked?

Would be crazy from Chelsea though. At the moment, he's better than Rooney.

So, Gustavo is available at Bayern? Watch United ignore him.

Looks like United

Damn we're an embarrassment

Yeah, there's been some weird leaks around United. But you probably wouldn't admit to offering up your best player in a supposedly confidential bid either.

I would expect Chelsea not to say anything.
They pretty much had to deny it.

Not saying its certain they did make that bid. But once that story was out in public it had to be shot down. Even if they went on to make that deal involving one of those players, it's impossible for a club to allow that kind of speculation to be out there uncontested.

Whether United just invented that, or leaked a genuine bid - it's a pretty aggressive thing to do. Quite surprised.

Edit - Oh yeah, Stretford is another possibility. He's stupid enough.

L1NETT

If Rooney was unsettled before, now he is fully fully focused on getting out of there now Chelsea have confirmed the bid.

Mou you sly old fox, the prem has missed this.

Mou always needs his enemies to keep his "show" alive. Guess this time it will be Moyes.

Moyes will be gone before that rivalry materialises.

Not sure who to believe with this transfer.

If Man Utd have leaked misinformation, it just makes them look stupid and a bit desperate. If Chelsea are lying, it makes them look laughable, since it was based on a stupid act in the first place.

Chelsea made a bid for Rooney.

United said they offered 10m + Luiz or Mata.

Chelsea deny any player exchange but reveal they did make a bid.

Journos say this is a shot by United at Chelsea. Full on war between the two clubs now.

Ronaldo can be in two places at once.
Shiiiiit

Full on muppetry this is

Fady K

If anything Chelsea getting Rooney these days is easier than ever before. Why be stupid enough to offer your best player along? Bullcrap.

Bring on the Mourinho press conference.

VN76tAa.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
iit is entirely, entirely conceivable that Chelsea is purposely trying to upset the apple cart at United right at the start of the season when we are due to play. Its ingenious in a way. I wouldnt be surprised if they are behind the entire story and all the leaks.

Fady K

Before we blame United at all though where are these sources getting their info from? Surely United would not make an outright lie. I smell foul journalism is at play.

K1LLER7

Here's an alternative as well - maybe Chelsea actually did not offer Mata or Luiz and are telling the truth? Maybe?
Then there's no chance they'll get him for 10m.
United might have used this in a way as to say, "You want Rooney, We'll take Mata."

Tc91

Chelsea are furious we've been linked with their players? Yet Mourinho can openly talk about wanting Rooney to the media.

Sell him to Madrid to piss him off.

Fady K

Seems an awfully elaborate lie by United if so. To what end?

Mou talked about liking Roo, it causes Roo to want to leave more. United get upset and try to unsettle our players that have been speculated about in recent weeks?

@Salazar, whats wrong with Matt Hughes?? Being a bell end that is, he does look like an ape. Maybe he and Bale are relatives? Lololol

Before we blame United at all though where are these sources getting their info from? Surely United would not make an outright lie. I smell foul journalism is at play.

Well Chelsea have now openly accused United of outright lying ('briefing the media in Sydney') and are not blaming the media.

United would lie. I don't have any problem believing that :lol

But Rooneys agent is the other possibility. He seems pretty desperate for this to happen.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fiine I'll do it

-----------Rooney------
Hazard - Mata - Oscar

or

------------RVP-------------
Young - Kagawa (Welbeck) - Valencia

or

Aguero (Negodno)
Silva - Jovetic - Navas

qindarka

Banned
:lol

So wait did Chelsea make just a 10m bid?

Disgusting valuation hahaha, quadruple it you fucking twizzlers

No, the sources were likely wrong about that as well. No way Chelsea would bid 10 million unless they intentionally wanted to piss United off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom