• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
United probably rejected it cos all the suits are too busy sucking sponsor dick down under.

They'll start worrying about transfers when they get back to the UK.

Fady K

I'm joking, both Mata and Bale play almost every game so wins without is a pointless stat anyway. It's just alarmingly low.

Afellay has got another serious injury. Poor bastard.

It is low indeed. I'm surprised myself. Though to be fair both Bale and Mata starting for their respective teams does not necessarily mean that they are the main reason behind their team's win. But yes, very low..

Afellay has been cursed for years. So much talent but he can't express it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just once id love, love to be behind the scenes on these big stories to see just how different shit is between what is leaked, what is confirmed and what is speculation. It always seems like a complete clusterfuck on all parts until the deal is reached.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BPXqRLNCEAAb9S9.jpg:large

Mourinho is playing with fire, damaging the squad so he can put his stamp back on the team. His ego created unfixable rifts at Madrid, and there's a risk he'll do the same at Chelsea, regardless of the time he spent there before.

Man Utd are idiots if they delay for too long, other clubs will be circling now they know that Mata is available.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pirelli president & Inter board member Marco Tronchetti Provera gets 1.8yr jail for receiving stolen documents.

Tronchetti Provera was the president of Telecom, who conveniently "hid" Inter's wiretaps

What a surprise.

Fady K

Mourinho is playing with fire, damaging the squad so he can put his stamp back on the team. His ego created unfixable rifts at Madrid, and there's a risk he'll do the same at Chelsea, regardless of the time he spent there before.

Man Utd are idiots if they delay for too long, other clubs will be circling now they know that Mata is available.

I doubt Mourinho is going to sell Chelsea's best player before he even gets to meet him.

Tc91

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 23s
Chelsea confirm that they have made bid for Wayne Rooney but deny that offer included Mata or Luiz. Statement from club shortly ...

So they offered £10m? Hahaha get stuffed Jose you tool.

Chelsea confirm that they have made bid for Wayne Rooney but deny that offer included Mata or Luiz. Statement from club shortly ...

I would imagine its extremely unlikely we offered £10m…

Clegg

Why are you guys talking about Mata to United?

You been reading Marcelo's tweets again Clegg :p

It's all over the news, Killer. BBC, Guardian, Telegraph are all reporting it.

Whether this is a bogus leak from United's part remains to be seen.

Edit: So they actually made a bid but with no player involved? That's interesting. How much, Jose?

Wilbur

Banned
Oh my:

Last night

@MarceloLopez84: I have some good news for MUFC fans. Real Madrid have accepted a £75 million bid for Ronaldo. Official club announcement to be made soon

@MarceloLopez84: The player will fly in to Manchester tomorrow morning to have his medical and to agree personal terms

@MarceloLopez84: To all doubters sending abuse. Please wait tomorrow and see for yourselves

@MarceloLopez84: Ronaldo is due in Manchester at 9am tomorrow morning. His medical will be at 11am. He will sign his contract tomorrow at 1pm.

@MarceloLopez84: MUFC will announce at 3pm.. Tomorrow will be a very good day for MUFC fans.

This morning

@MarceloLopez84: Ronaldo UPDATE
Ronaldo will be coming via his private jet. Apparently they are MUFC do not want the media to find out till the unveiling

@MarceloLopez84: They want to give there fans a huge surprise. I will be at Manchester Airport tomorrow trying to find out when he has landed!!

@MarceloLopez84: David Moyes is expected to land in Manchester at 1pm to complete the deal

@MarceloLopez84: If anyone is coming to the airport to se Ronaldo. Tweet me as i will be there. I will maybe meet you and have a little chat.

@MarceloLopez84: The picture of Ronaldo which i took at Manchester Airport http://t.co/jzhzuorQaX

@MarceloLopez84: Im going to enjoy the sunshine. Will be back half 2 !! I will be sat in the press conference room. You will all be thanking me after 3

qindarka

Banned

If we did bid without any player swap concerned, it obviously wouldn't be 10 million. would be taking the piss.

Salvadora

#Arsenal v Vietnam: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Sagna, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Giroud, Podolski
No Wilshere starting... he better have got over the 'flu'.
Interesting point:

What if we rejected the offer because we want Rooney to hand in the transfer request first so we don't have to pay a big loyalty bonus to him?

It would be appropriately hedge fund-esque, so I'm willing to believe it.

MattHughesTimes: Chelsea strongly deny offering any player to United. They made a cash bid which was rejected. They're furious with Utd. Statement imminent.

SamWallaceIndy: Chelsea: 'The terms of [Rooney] offer are confidential but for avoidance of doubt ... didn't include transfer or loan of any CFC players'

United mischief making?

Suen

Great picture. Kaka thought he could avoid him but now he's nothing more than a cunt to Zidane.

That same strained face even when Zidane just looks at him.
:lol

"Cavani did not chose Paris for the money, believe me 100%. He believes in the project, he believes that, with us, he will be able to win many titles. The supporters and the sponsors know that the project continues, that the departures of [former sporting director] Leonardo and [ex-coach Carlo] Ancelotti don't change anything."

735.gif

So Negredo to City basically done and Napoli chasing Higuain while Arsenal aren't doing shit. Time to go all out for Suarez and have Soldado in mind.

Linius

More or less what MilanGAF are saying. :D He's pissed because Galliani hasn't signed any (top) players yet. More than that though, he's pissed because Serie A rivals like Juve and Roma are stealing players he wanted to join Milan, like Tevez, Ogbonna and now Strootman.

Ras is a YouTube legend.

rasbarcamilan2.gif

I was hoping he would be glad that Milan dodged the bullet on this overexpensive player :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom