• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Then there's no chance they'll get him for 10m.
United might have used this in a way as to say, "You want Rooney, We'll take Mata."

I agree about the 10m - I think Chelsea are giving an offer that is far too low.

Chelsea are furious we've been linked with their players? Yet Mourinho can openly talk about wanting Rooney to the media.

Sell him to Madrid to piss him off.

What did Mou say about Rooney btw? All I know is that he talked about how he is a good player and actually said ""He's a player that I like very much, being fast and direct I like him very much, but he's a Manchester United player," said Mourinho. (ESPN)

We've turned down a €10m bid for Quagliarella from Norwich because we think we can get more.

wut? COME ON MARRY JOVETIC IS PRACTICALLY AT FIRENZE AIRPORT!

But Chelsea have just released a statement that United have been briefing the press in Sydney and are laying the blame at their feet. It's not one of those trusted sources type of situations.

Well then, not surprised United are trying to get the attention away from Thiago. ;)

Luiz and Mata not in the squad against the Almighty Thailand Kings, probably negotiating with United.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

United getting into a war of words with Chelsea. Meanwhile, we just sign players.

List of players signed:

a) homesick Valencia
b) used to the pony Ukranian league 30 year old
c) fourth choice Spanish striker
d) perennially injured man who spends all his time in his underwear

Good one

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
But Chelsea have just released a statement that United have been briefing the press in Sydney and are laying the blame at their feet. It's not one of those trusted sources type of situations.

Why would you do that to a club whose player you want? Even if its true you only hurt yourselves by going after them.

This deal was never going to happen and this is pure gamesmanship from Chelsea, if you think what United "apparently" leaked made no sense than what Chelsea just said is equally as baffling.

bud

------------RVP-------------
Young - Kagawa (Welbeck) - Valencia

UsNl4za.gif

Why would you do that to a club whose player you want? Even if its true you only hurt yourselves by going after them.

This deal was never going to happen and this is pure gamesmanship from Chelsea, if you think what United "apparently" leaked made no sense than what Chelsea just said is equally as baffling.
Chelsea are in a pretty strong position all told.

The player wants to leave, wants to go to Chelsea and his position at his current club is close to untenable.

I don't know if its wise of them to annoy United or not, but I can see it being worth a shot. Rooney is a problem for us - one we would preferably get rid of ASAP.

Fady K

This is the worst transfer muppetry moment for me haha.

If the initial sources were wrong about the player swap, they could well be wrong about the 10 million sum as well.

Yes. Could be more.

Well Chelsea have now openly accused United of outright lying ('briefing the media in Sydney') and are not blaming the media.

Where is this coming from by the way? I could also see Rooney's agent stirring shit up possibly, as Viva said.

qindarka

Banned
There's no point selling him to them for £30m.

Zero benefit to us, all the benefit to them. It would be the most stupid thing we've done this summer, and that takes some doing.

30 million is a lot of money. You get to offload his massive wages and have enough money to buy a fancy central midfielder and winger.

Wilbur

Banned
Almost like bidding 12m for one of the worlds top strikers.

Oh wait.

Lol no. 25m max for aan out of form and fitness moron who can't keep his trap shut.

Not my fault Arsenal have all the negotiating skills of a desperate prostitute

25m is way too low. To Madrid/PSG? Maybe about right. But to a domestic rival? No.

Fady K

Well then, not surprised United are trying to get the attention away from Thiago. ;)

Luiz and Mata not in the squad against the Almighty Thailand Kings, probably negotiating with United.

Not sure if you know (I think you do) but the CFC players involved in the confederations cup are still on holiday :p

30 million is a lot of money. You get to offload his massive wages and have enough money to buy a fancy central midfielder and winger.
It's not that much money, not these days.

Then there's the question of whether we use it.

And then there's the question of the massive benefit it gives to Chelsea.

Maybe the board would sell at the price, personally I think it's crazy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Unnless we have singed said players, no dice

Id sell Rooney, but not unless we have other players in, it is a stupidly dangerous game to take money for a player like Rooney and use it speculatively, imagine the ire if we sold Rooney and did no business come the start of the season.

K1LLER7

There's no point selling him to them for £30m.

Zero benefit to us, all the benefit to them. It would be the most stupid thing we've done this summer, and that takes some doing.
It was regarding his value. I would say its 30m but of course selling to a rival we would probably want more. The thing is, it seems like Chelsea are the only club in for him, plus he wants to leave and it's pretty much known. The only way it could work out best, is if we would get a top player from them in return.

Wait... You shouldn't be doing this to me!!!

Just because you're not Man Utd, doesn't mean I have to like you :p

And lets face it, aside from Fernandinho who I don't know anything about really, Negredo is average (for a team who wants to win titles and cups) and Meditteranean Homesick Stew isn't all that either.

Hixx

It's not that much money, not these days.

Then there's the question of whether we use it.

And then there's the question of the massive benefit it gives to Chelsea.

Maybe the board would sell at the price, personally I think it's crazy.

It's not just the £30m fee though. He's on £250k a week? That's another like...£13m just over this season alone.

qindarka

Banned
It was regarding his value. I would say its 30m but of course selling to a rival we would probably want more. The thing is, it seems like Chelsea are the only club in for him, plus he wants to leave and it's pretty much known. The only way it could work out best, is if we would get a top player from them in return.

Torres straight swap. You know you want it.

Tc91

And lets face it, aside from Fernandinho who I don't know anything about really, Negredo is average (for a team who wants to win titles and cups) and Meditteranean Homesick Stew isn't all that either.

City should be buying the players that Monaco/PSG have bought. Not fucking Negredo.

Shame Monaco is heaven for a footballer whilst in Manchester you have Deansgate.

Or

Either way..

FUCK

Okay that makes more sense. But what Italian team wants Quagliarella? No top 6 team will have him except maybe Inter? Maybe Parma? It all depends on what his expectations are, and I'm betting he expects Champions League football.

Or he can just sit and pick up a salary like the strikers of recent past. He costs us €6m per year.

Prospetto-juventus-ipotesi1-746x102.jpg

Edit: MARCO WHOOOOOO?!

Nyx

Damn the Utrecht board of directors, season starts tomorrow in the Europa League, 4 starters from last season left the club, no one has been signed yet, fuck this shit.

dc89

I thought we'd have built a special partnership to revel in the crisis United is facing.

City should be buying the players that Monaco/PSG have bought. Not fucking Negredo.

Shame Monaco is heaven for a footballer whilst in Manchester you have Deansgate.

Well we tried for Cavani dude.
And what the hell have you got against Deansgate?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay that makes more sense. But what Italian team wants Quagliarella? No top 6 team will have him except maybe Inter? Maybe Parma? It all depends on what his expectations are, and I'm betting he expects Champions League football.

Or he can just sit and pick up a salary like the strikers of recent past. He costs us €6m per year.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k516/juvexsempre77/Prospetto-juventus-ipotesi1-746x102.jpg[img]

Edit: MARCO WHOOOOOO?![/QUOTE]

It seems to be in line with the others so it's fine, I guess.

We should be looking to sell Matri first anyway. Ale is one dimensional and offers less than him.

MELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! What the fucking fuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom