• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Sepp Blatter confirming he will recommend that the 2022 WC is moved to winter. Crazy it's even got to this. That season is going to be a write off.

Once you've taken a bribe, you have to make sure it works out well for everyone involved in the end.

I like how the keeper gets a red for handling Wilshere's shot outside the box in a friendly but the idiot ref in the Gold Cup gave the Costa Rica keeper a yellow for doing the same against the US last night. Everyone was rightly livid.

Didn't Cisse wear a Virgin Money sponsored kit? I don't see much of a difference.

*Note: The basis of which he is refusing to wear Wonga is that Islam prohibits interest when it comes to money. It's not about loans, its about the use of interest to accumulate profit.

Blablurn

ibtJCGIxqiUPeY.gif

all the feels

D_prOdigy

Didn't Cisse wear a Virgin Money sponsored kit? I don't see much of a difference.

*Note: The basis of which he is refusing to wear Wonga is that Islam prohibits interest when it comes to money. It's not about loans, its about the use of interest to accumulate profit.

Pay-day loan companies are scum of the earth tho. When I become a Premier League footballer, I'd like to think I'd do the same as Cisse - don't need religious grounds for it.

kharma45

Which Virgin does too, it is a bank after all.

Meier

Is that even gonna change much?

Some leagues more than others. For those that take winter breaks, maybe not necessarily that much but the EPL does not so they'd have to essentially stop the season for 6-8 weeks (have to give at least a few weeks for the countries to train together, then some time for the players to recuperate). I guess maybe they'd need to start the regular season earlier and cut the summer break time to reflect the later delay? Who knows, it's an unprecedented move at least in terms of recent memory.

How do banks make money in islamic countries? How does that work?

Via profit sharing.

There is never any interest charged but the bank can still trade, making safe (relatively) investments. The investment has to be deemed a reasonable one so no ridiculous risks are taken. Any profits or losses are then shared out equally between between the stakeholders, if the bank has put up 50% of the money it will claim 50% profit, and if there were say 50 investors than they would receive 1% each of the profits.

In terms of lending, although they will never charge interest they can assist in helping a customer purchase a property and they then make profit by renting the property back to the customer until the debt is paid. Alternatively they make agree to put up a % of the money and buy the property at a surplus amount, that surplus then goes to the bank as reward for making the transaction possible.

Essentially it's a very ethical banking structure in which there are low risks and steady profits. It's all about opening doors for their customers with the profit deemed as a reward for that. There are always new ideas being thought up of and as long as they fit the Islamic framework of there being low risk and no interest...they are permissible.

Because bank interest is not the same as "riba" which is what is prohibited in Islam.

Zabojnik

Juve - Vale D'Aosta "friendly" in 20mins.

995734_145472935653582_333233253_n.jpg

Curious to see F. Rossi in action, hopefully he does well enough and Conte decides to keep him with us. Liked what I saw of him with Italy U21.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Woodward has flown home from United's tour to handle 'urgent transfer business' according to SSN.

READY THE BABELCOPTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom