• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Juve I don't want you to gut Fiorentina

But if you have to

Cuadrado

Pls

You don't have to tell me. My dream signing. But it'll never happen. Our relationship with Fiorentina is at an all-time low. We're talking Real - Atletico levels of 'no way we're selling you our player'. :(((

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Woodward is cursed. The Wood in his name fails him, he shares half a name with Marwood.

---

De Laurentiis on Jovetić: "His agent told me a year ago that he only wants to go to England."

Sorry Yurt, but he resisted Juventus!

He said in an interview, like, weeks ago that he wanted Juve and only Juve.

But it was never going to happen since they hate our guts.

Zabojnik

De Laurentiis on Jovetić: "His agent told me a year ago that he only wants to go to England."

Sorry Yurt, but he resisted Juventus!

LOOOOL. He clearly wanted to move to Juve. It just wasn't in the cards because of the political situation between Fiorentina and Juventus / Della Valle and John Elkann. I hope he does well for you guys.

Arnie

I love this new ratarsed United.

Woodward's probably on an old, old wooden ship right now, battling huge waves and high winds to get back and fire off his next PR salvo.

dc89

He said in an interview, like, weeks ago that he wanted Juve and only Juve.

But it was never going to happen since they hate our guts.

LOOOOL. He clearly wanted to move to Juve. It just wasn't in the cards because of the political situation between Fiorentina and Juventus / Della Valle and John Elkann. I hope he does well for you guys.

There's a video on TalkSPORT where Jojo is saying his goodbyes and gets in a taxi. Make of it what you will.

Probably going training or something :lolol

Zabojnik

We probably organized this friendly just to show off Motta to potential buyers.

There's a video on TalkSPORT where Jojo is saying his goodbyes and gets in a taxi. Make of it what you will.

Probably going training or something :lolol

Dc, relax, it's a done deal. Where else would he even go at this point? :)

They've set the fox among the hens.

It's only a matter of waiting while Rooney & United come to blows. Pretty astute.

I think we have already come to blows.

I'm not sure what you expect to happen. Rooney will hand in a transfer request...and United will say, oh okay yeah £20m sure.

This Rooney business is such a mess. I don't think anyone has handled it particularly well.

In other news, I made it!

moonlanding10f4zhp.png

Salvadora

I think we have already come to blows.

I'm not sure what you expect to happen. Rooney will hand in a transfer request...and United will say, oh okay yeah £20m sure.

Rooney doesn't want to hand in a transfer request, though. Who knows how many toys he'll fling out of the pram to get his way.

GQman2121

Banned
Outside of the obvious untouchable players in our squad, whom would United bros have with £20m for Wayne?

Pizaon? Bertrand? Ba? Moses? Maybe Chalobah?

pulga

Banned
What about no. He is the embodiment of our "never give up" attitude and who comes closest to a madridista after Casillas. Some fans just tend to forget quickly.

There's no room for sentimentality when you're shit.

For everyone here who argued against me when I said that Ronaldo is a striker and not a winger, you should look at that stat list. The only stat in which Cristiano is a top 10 ranked player in the CL is in shooting (where he is ranked third). The two in front of Cristiano in shooting are Burak Yilmaz and Lewandowski.

In terms of chance creation or "take on," the two categories most associated with wingers/tricky wide players, he falls short and isn't in the top 10 for either category. Eden Hazard is in the top 10 for chance creation, and is top spot for take on.

Spot on. Cristiano is beginning to waste on the wing, he just doesn't have the trickery anymore.

Tc91

louis saha ‏@louissaha08 10m
Nearly tricked. The sun was shining in manchester. I thought I was still in France. Then I realized I was driving a right hand drive. Hihi.

Welcome back Louis!

Timurid

PSG are going to annouced Lucas Digne tomorrow. He already passed his medical.

His transfer was 15 mil (13 mil plus 2 mil in bonuses) and he'll be making €250,000 per month. :p

Just give me 1/5 of that and I'll be happy.

Salvadora

What could he do that would make United turn around and accept £20m?

I'm expecting Chelsea to go completely quiet.

More stories will leak to the press. Rooney comes out about Ferguson/Moyes/United letting him down, badmouthing the club etc. It ends with his relationship with United turning poisonous.

Chelsea then come in with £25m, and he goes.

Bo-Locks

Please just stick Rooney in the reserves and let him get fat for the next two years. The fallout would be hilarious in England considering it's the year before the WC.

This is the best scenario for everyone. The team would be better off, the club would be better off if Rooney is effectively shut down for the next two years, none of our rivals are strengthened, Moyes and Woodward show they aren't going to be dicked around and everybody can get on with their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom