• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gianluca Di Marzio says Henrikh has a €22m release clause (and decided to join BVB I guess but google translate isn't really clear there). Who is this guy and how did this happen? Mino you fat shit lol

How good is Llori?

Lots of potential but in my opinion, right now he isn´t worth the 6M we are asking. He´s quite fast (holds the all time sprint record in the Academy, beating Ronaldo and Nani), his positioning is good and he does well in the air. But he´s still a bit soft, makes some amateurish mistakes and has only played something like 12 games for the senior squad.
Jumping to a club like Liverpool right now could be the wrong move for him but that´s something I´ve seen quite a few times. Players wanting to make the jump too early and then ending up in obscure eastern leagues.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is from our official twitter account

"JuventusFC ‏@juventusfc 55s
Marotta: Ogbonna is a #Juventus target, we're trying to bring him in. We'll see how it goes"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMERDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

3Sixty

Newcastle could be poised to make a move for West Ham winger Matt Taylor, reports talkSPORT.

The 31-year-old has become frustrated with his lack of first-team opportunities and has been linked with a switch away from Upton Park this summer.

Looooooooooool

Joe Plz

Zabojnik

Gianluca Di Marzio says Henrikh has a €22m release clause (and decided to join BVB I guess but google translate isn't really clear there). Who is this guy and how did this happen? Mino you fat shit lol

You seriously don't know who Di Marzio is? The prince of calciomercato?
Lulz. But seriously, he's pretty in the know. It's happening. Mikiteriyaki to BVB. Arnie on sucide watch, again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMULOVE! I wish your team smooth sailing
to Serie B
this upcoming season!

Fry

Let's get two things straight here:

- Man Utd aren't a likeable team.

- Liverpool don't have the ugliest players of the PL.

Top Ten Overpaid Premier League Players

1) Maicon - £100,000 p/w (3rd choice RB LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)

2) Shay Given - £60.000 p/w

3) Anderson - £80,000 p/w

4) Chamakh - £93,000 p/w

5) Fernando Torres - £175,000 p/w

6) Emmanuel Adebayor - £100,000 p/w

7) Darren Bent - £70,000 p/w

8) Abou Diaby - £60,000 p/w

9) Stewart Downing - £80,000 p/w

10) Hugo Rodallega - £70,000 p/w

I don't think Downing deserves to be on there any more. He isn;t great, but with wages the way they are today, his output puts him outside this list imo

Carbonox

Newcastle could be poised to make a move for West Ham winger Matt Taylor, reports talkSPORT.

The 31-year-old has become frustrated with his lack of first-team opportunities and has been linked with a switch away from Upton Park this summer.

Looooooooooool

Joe Plz

Luckily TalkSPORT is fully of shite.

it will happen probably

Clegg

If we're to believe the media then United are trying to improve their defence. Makes sense since we conceded 40 plus goals in the league last season.

Just need that CM and we'll have had a pretty good summer.

Feorax

Hmm, looking like we're going to miss out on both Mkhitaryan and Papadopalous then if he's off to BVB.

Time for the transfer commitie to earn their pay.

You seriously don't know who Di Marzio is? The prince of calciomercato?
Lulz. But seriously, he's pretty in the know. It's happening. Mikiteriyaki to BVB. Arnie on sucide watch, again.

Was he the Pep to Bayern guy? I heard his name before but I couldn't really connect it with a transfer.

Would be so fucking awesome if Mickey joined us. I'm sorry, Arnie, but it's not our fault. When you look back, it's all the fault of Julian Draxler. If he had joined Chelsea, then: Draxler -> Chelsea, de Bruyne -> BVB, Mickey -> Liverpool.

I don't think Downing deserves to be on there any more. He isn;t great, but with wages the way they are today, his output puts him outside this list imo

Stewart_Downing_781997c.jpg

I've just seen that he's called Henrich Mchitarjan in German transliteration. We call him Heinrich from now on!

:lol

I knew Gotze wearing that Nike tee would cause problems.

Adidas not happy.

Gotze you scumbag.

He also did this to Puma at BVB lol

But Nike pays him more, so Götze doesn't care.

Bumhead

Banned
Some nice football league attendance stats come out today.

We had the highest away attendance of the season (5,900 at Derby), second highest average away attendance (behind only Leeds), second highest home average (behind Brighton) and were one of only 2 clubs to have a gate over 30,000 (us and Derby).

Mahoosive.

Ruhrnachrichten are reporting that Aubameyang is pretty much done. That means it is pretty much done. Will be around €15m.

I must admit I have yet to see him play just a minute lol but I'm not that excited about him yet. Will be interesting to see if we plan with him as winger or striker.

Wes

venison crêpe
That's a great move by Dortmund as it means they have less money for Benteke and more chance Newcastle sign Bent.

L1NETT

Some nice football league attendance stats come out today.

We had the highest away attendance of the season (5,900 at Derby), second highest average away attendance (behind only Leeds), second highest home average (behind Brighton) and were one of only 2 clubs to have a gate over 30,000 (us and Derby).

Mahoosive.

Yeah saw those. We came 26th overall on average attendance, not bad for a div 4 side. Beat two Championship clubs.

I know his stats but from what I've heard Saint-Etienne is/was playing a counter-attack heavy style and we can't do that in the Bundesliga. So he'll have to change his play, too, and that could take some time.

That's a great move by Dortmund as it means they have less money for Benteke and more chance Newcastle sign Bent.

Benteke is not happening with us only spending €50m of which we now have only 27m left and need a CAM. Looking at that money, please someone just buy Lewancuntski.

Slizz

If your newly out friend asked you to take your shirt off for him for 100$ just so he could see what you look like, would you?

Blablurn

I know his stats but from what I've heard Saint-Etienne is/was playing a counter-attack heavy style and we can't do that in the Bundesliga. So he'll have to change his play, too, and that could take some time.

Benteke is not happening with us only spending €50m of which we now have only 27m left and need a CAM. Looking at that money, please someone just buy Lewancuntski.

we tried

Zabojnik

Do we even need Jovetic? Tevez and Llorente are great additions to our attack. I'd go for a LW personally.

#honouraryJuvebro

<3

I suppose we don't really need Jovetic as long as Vucinic is around, but I wouldn't mind swaping one for the other. On the other hand, we could try again for Jojo next year. I'm torn, but yeah, I'd say we go for a LW. I have a feeling Conte will be pushing for this too.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'd be actually fine with whatever/whoever. Marry, what have you done!?

Jovetic, on the left wing. :p

Can we afford a WC left winger? If the alternative is Zuniga or Kolarov, then I'll pick Jojo.

Unless It's.... Lulic?

Nani
icu5DZlr72Elw.gif

Bumhead

Banned
Yeah saw those. We came 26th overall on average attendance, not bad for a div 4 side. Beat two Championship clubs.

Yeah, Bradford have always maintained good gates even at that level.

Fancy you to do well next season. Got that momentum and should have strong crowds again at home. Be a difficult place to go for a lot of the circle drainers in that league (which seems to be half the division).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom