• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidic when healthy is a beast. He was our best defender when he came back. That was around the same time our defense went so many minutes without conceding.

I would take Vidic over Garay.

No doubt, he's one of the best in the world. But what IF he gets injured again like in 2011? You dropped so many points without him. Kinda like us without Chiellini, and we almost lost the title too. (which is why we're going for Ogbonna I guess)

Garay can be a VERY good backup at worst. Jones, Evans and Smalling will never fill Nemanja's shoes, imo.

And Rio is 34!

sohois

So are you going to buy some first choice defenders as well? If we're honest Liverpool could probably do with two new full backs as well as a new CB.

We've been constantly linked to Papadopoulos and Alderwiereld, but nothing concrete as yet. I don't think RB is a problem area at the moment - we have Kelly and Wisdom who can cover if needed. LB needs cover at least. Enrique is good on his day, but he can't play a full season.

Bloody hope so. I assume either Kelly or Wisdom will cover right back, and then Ilori if/when we sign him will cover left back. Johnson/Enrique aren't perfect, but they probably won't be the reason if we fail to qualify for the champions league.

Desperately need a new first team centre back for this season though. Can see that and Mkhitaryan being our two big money moves.

I'd be pretty suprised if Robinson didn't become the de facto backup LB for next season, after he did so well at Wolves. This would still be a risk for Liverpool as both Kelly and Robinson have been very injury prone, leaving both backups at significant risk of missing large parts of the season.

The full-back situation is a strange and difficult problem really; Only colossal amounts of money would render an improvement in first choice, whilst buying a back-up would also be a complete waste if either youngster can avoid long-term injuries.

Korez

BOK_g8DCMAElmxj.jpg:large

Mastadon

Banned
I'd be pretty suprised if Robinson didn't become the de facto backup LB for next season, after he did so well at Wolves. This would still be a risk for Liverpool as both Kelly and Robinson have been very injury prone, leaving both backups at significant risk of missing large parts of the season.

The full-back situation is a strange and difficult problem really; Only colossal amounts of money would render an improvement in first choice, whilst buying a back-up would also be a complete waste if either youngster can avoid long-term injuries.

Damn, Jack Robinson could have been my third handsome LFC player. I'm a big admirer of his, I hope he kicks on this season.

Feorax

I'm not convinced Rodgers is keen on Robinson. I don't think he's kicked on as many expected him to, and he appears to have been caught up in the fallout after the Oldham FA cup game last season.

That he bollocked Suarez in that game whilst having a shocker himself probably did him no favours either.

Yen

I trust the Transfer Committee(TM) to sign a young full back from the Segunda Division (that's Spanish for "Second Division")

Hixx

Sounds like Peruzzi will be signing tomorrow, lot of reports coming from Argentine and general South American press. Don't think I've heard a single bad thing about him. My favourite being that he neutralized Neymar over 2 legs in their equivalent of the Champions League. THAT'LL DO PIG, THAT'LL DO.

Shagwell

I think he wants to end his career at Monaco.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I'M 21 TODAY!!!!!!
Happy birthday! Have a good one fella.

I'm probably really late but I've just seen Joe Kinnear's "I won manager of the year I'm head and shoulders ahead of every other director of football " interview hahaha

sohois

I'm not convinced Rodgers is keen on Robinson. I don't think he's kicked on as many expected him to, and he appears to have been caught up in the fallout after the Oldham FA cup game last season.

That he bollocked Suarez in that game whilst having a shocker himself probably did him no favours either.

The lad has missed about two full seasons through injury; Furthermore, Rodgers is not some Hodgson-esque moron who blames players for his own failings and banishes them, the Oldham game was just a game, it probably doesn't even figure into the opinion of the player.

Robinson was sent on loan because he had hardly played for the first team all season and needed games. He got that at Wolves and was consistently excellent in a really poor team.

Sounds like Peruzzi will be signing tomorrow, lot of reports coming from Argentine and general South American press. Don't think I've heard a single bad thing about him. My favourite being that he neutralized Neymar over 2 legs in their equivalent of the Champions League. THAT'LL DO PIG, THAT'LL DO.
Gino Peruzzi? He's superb in FM.

GQman2121

Banned
United moves are all over the blogs this morning.

Also, I love Luiz, but for the type of money being rumored to potentially be on the table, he can move it on along and we can bring in two bodies to replace him.

United moves are all over the blogs this morning.

Also, I love Luiz, but for the type of money being rumored to potentially be on the table, he can move it on along and we can bring in two bodies to replace him.

Don't say that GQ! He is amazing, no one can be as good as him in the dressing room. Also all the things he does for charity and stuff can only be good for the club.

Feorax

How much is Luiz rumoured to be going for? It would never happen, but I'd love him at Liverpool.

I'm getting the feeling that we might well go the first half of the season with Skrtel as first choice alongside Agger, and then try again in Jan if it all goes wrong. I'm just not seeing any strong links to other CB's other than our now dead interest in Papadopalous

How much is Luiz rumoured to be going for? It would never happen, but I'd love him at Liverpool.

I'm getting the feeling that we might well go the first half of the season with Skrtel as first choice alongside Agger, and then try again in Jan if it all goes wrong. I'm just not seeing any strong links to other CB's other than our now dead interest in Papadopalous

I saw £35 million being mentioned.

GQman2121

Banned

Like £35-40m

Walshy

Doubt it. There is still ten weeks left in the transfer window, plenty of time to get a centre back along with Ilori, Mkhitaryan and a defensive midfielder in.

Batigol

Banned
Man, I hate silly season. Non stop rumours and people's making up shite.

Just want the season to hurry up and start a leukaemia

...apparently Sporting want an absurd fee for Ilori. We're offering 6m but they want 13ish? Craziness.

I have no doubt we would sell him for much less than 13M, right now is just a question of making a statement to the rest of the market of "yes, we have financial difficulties but don´t think that means we will sell our players for low prices".

Mastadon

Banned
I have no doubt we would sell him for much less than 13M, right now is just a question of making a statement to the rest of the market of "yes, we have financial difficulties but don´t think that means we will sell our players for low prices".

How good is Llori?

Zabojnik

LOOOOOOL

"I just gave you an answer on Jovetic five minutes ago ... But sure, you know how football is. Anything could happen between now and the 31st of August. Fiorentina might even decide to loan us Jovetic for free."

Marry legend. I think it's pretty obvious that we'll go after Jojo if and when we manage to sell one or two strikers and not a minute before. Beppe vecchio volpone!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOL

"I just gave you an answer on Jovetic five minutes ago ... But sure, you know how football is. Anything could happen between now and the 31st of August. Fiorentina might even decide to loan us Jovetic for free."

Marry legend. I think it's pretty obvious that we'll go after Jojo if and when we manage to sell one or two strikers and not a minute before. Beppe vecchio volpone!

AHAHAHAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom