• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRACE YOURSELF DC

BIENVENIDO ISCO

1372850170_155282_1372850908_noticia_grande.jpg

Beaten by a million people but... yeah, comic sans.

His Italian is great for two months. Yeah yeah it was a quarter spanish but fuck, I'll take even 3/4 foreign language better than Krasic and Elia who couldn't be bothered (Krasic even after a year! No wonder Delneri had to yell so loud... MILOS MILOS MILOS MILOS MILOSSSSSSSS!)

I'd love Diamanti for our 4-3-3. Not so much for 3-5-2, though.

@JuveGAF: Have you heard these rumours of a 3-3-4 with our wingbacks pushing all the way up to support Tevez and Llorente? Certainly would benefit players like Asamoah, but I can't imagine Caceres or Lichtsteiner excelling on the right in that role.

-

Also, glad that Nani rumours have died down.

Edit: fuck, beaten by Yurt. I DON'T WANT NANI, MARRY. PLEASE. Just Jojo and Ogbonny, maybe Poli.

-

Also, posted this on Twitter. Marry trolling

Marotta: "It's possible on August 31st that Fiorentina will give us Jovetic on a free loan."

Look, we'll take £15 million a free loan with an option to purchase an option to co-own, and not a penny less.

Only if we can pay in installments over three years. Also, can we reduce our payment with a swap from our youth team? We can give United back one of the many youth products we've stolen legitimately purchased from them.

Fady K

I've written enough material for two theses. I'm in the process of deciding how to cut/squish it down to one. I am comfortable with painful editing work involving other people's writing, but my own is a bit resistant. It's an awful, nervous, peevish business.

Is this for university by the way? Trimming the fat from thesis papers was always a headache for me. Good luck with it bro, here's hoping you're extremely satisfied with it in its final form.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd love Diamanti for our 4-3-3. Not so much for 3-5-2, though.

@JuveGAF: Have you heard these rumours of a 3-3-4 with our wingbacks pushing all the way up to support Tevez and Llorente? Certainly would benefit players like Asamoah, but I can't imagine Caceres or Lichtsteiner excelling on the right in that role.

Yeah he would be pretty much useless in a 3-5-2, unless we convert him into another fucking wingback because WHY NOT

3-3-4 is basically our 3-5-2-with-the-ball, innit? It's just a new BS term from GdS.

And GODsteiner will be fiiiiiiiiine. Caceres, whoever, is fucking worse than Padoin(?) on the right/left. :(

Fady K

"I love Cavani, yes we are interested". - Blanc.

That's that for Cavani to Chelsea. Congrats Timurid!

Next, CFC will focus on Rooney (supposedly. Not happening) and Lewandowski (the guy who said no to Real will not say yes to CFC).

#TorresVP

Some rumours Spearing is going to the DW later today too. The club is clearly not fucking around.

£6m for Shelvey to Swansea is a great deal for Liverpool, I'm shocked they got more than half that. Im not saying he's a bad player, but he hasn't really proven himself.

spidye

Hey congrats spidye!
sorry bro. I didn't see your comment. the other guys quoted me and their post was higlighted for me. makes it easier to spot.
sorry again and thanks <3
Ask for a name change.

Dr Spidye.

Congrats, amazing achievement :)
hehe thanks
how about Dr Schweini
Some rumours Spearing is going to the DW later today too. The club is clearly not fucking around.

Congrats Spidye!

Wilbur

Banned
Spidye congrats playboy

Will you check my testicles pls, I haven't ejaculated since I feared the Thiago move was off

Feorax

£6m for Shelvey to Swansea is a great deal for Liverpool, I'm shocked they got more than half that. Im not saying he's a bad player, but he hasn't really proven himself.

He could be a great player. Problem is that he already thinks he's made it, so he's plateaued. When he plays in CM alongside Henderson for the England U21's, the difference in quality is astronomical. Same goes for Coutinho, who is the same age, but easily twice the player, and infinitely more mature.

I think he'll probably come good, but we realistically need to at least try to push for a CL spot this year. We don't have the time to wait 3 or 4 years for him to grow up and start contributing consistently to the team.

Salazar

Will you check my testicles pls, I haven't ejaculated since I feared the Thiago move was off

It's always the left nut that climbs up out of the sack. Never the right. I'm curious as to whether it is incapable, or whether this is just like the coin flipping at the start of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.

Wilbur

Banned
It's always the left nut that climbs up out of the sack. Never the right. I'm curious as to whether it is incapable, or whether this is just like the coin flipping at the start of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.

Fucking lol

I almost crushed mine against a chicken oven yesterday, the relief was utterly palpable and I shared a knowing grin with the delivery man as I walked back out onto the floor.

Yeah he would be pretty much useless in a 3-5-2, unless we convert him into another fucking wingback because WHY NOT

3-3-4 is basically our 3-5-2-with-the-ball, innit? It's just a new BS term from GdS.

And GODsteiner will be fiiiiiiiiine. Caceres, whoever, is fucking worse than Padoin(?) on the right/left. :(

3-3-4 in the way this is described only really on the counter attack with the move originating with Pirlo. For instance, the bunch of early goals we saw when Asamoah or Lichtsteiner cut the ball all the way across for the other wing back.

As for Caceres, the problem is he has shitty ball control and, unlike Licht (and actually a lot like Krasic), doesn't have the pace to take on his opponent and win. But Caceres actually has a decent cross, header, and shot, so he's useful coming forward. The only problem there is that he has to get all the way back, meaning one of Vidal or Marchisio need to cover, thereby hampering our ability to attack.

Padoin is actually a very good player in that RWB. Better than Caceres in the attacking half but worse in the defensive half. Only reason he played as much as he did is because of Pepe's injury who, for my money, is should play in that role behind Lichtsteiner.

Edit: sorry, I'll keep the tactics stuff to a minimum. Not really conducive to discussion probably, anyway.

PowderedToast

He could be a great player. Problem is that he already thinks he's made it, so he's plateaued. When he plays in CM alongside Henderson for the England U21's, the difference in quality is astronomical. Same goes for Coutinho, who is the same age, but easily twice the player, and infinitely more mature.

I think he'll probably come good, but we realistically need to at least try to push for a CL spot this year. We don't have the time to wait 3 or 4 years for him to grow up and start contributing consistently to the team.

it's easy to forget that he was first team before the sending off against united early in the season. after that point any time he got picked he had a mare. i agree he has potential, if things had played out differently last season we could be looking at a very good player right now.

Viva needs to get a move on with ASOS, I get an update once a week. There's so much left that I can't wait to see his reaction too.

I heard Thiago won't move until he finishes it.

Scum

I'm about 50% through the second book.

I'm scared.

Bit surprised he's there when it's first day back at training today.

He's a good lad. Moyes probably left him have the day off. As for Rooney, I saw earlier that he scuppered early or something from training. Send him to PSG already.

Viva needs to get a move on with ASOS, I get an update once a week. There's so much left that I can't wait to see his reaction too.

I heard Thiago won't move until he finishes it.

:lol

I read another 70-ish pages last night. Got 200 left. I estimate I'll finish on Friday night.

Feorax

it's easy to forget that he was first team before the sending off against united early in the season. after that point any time he got picked he had a mare. i agree he has potential, if things had played out differently last season we could be looking at a very good player right now.

Quite possibly, but even at his best, I don't think he was at a level where he could break into our first team ahead of Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson or Coutinho. His only option to play was on the wing, and you have to assume Luis Alberto has that spot now.

I expect some corners of the media will attempt to crucify Liverpool for casting out a promisinf young English player, but I'm really past caring. We've improved the depth of the squad for a £0 net spend, and I'm made up with that.

EDIT: Seen some rumours of us going back to Sevilla, this time for Alberto Moreno. Supposedly did well for the Spain U21's. Anyone seen much of him?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f7%2fCavani-FWs.jpg

Best striker in the world.

After Llorente, of course.

3-3-4 in the way this is described only really on the counter attack with the move originating with Pirlo. For instance, the bunch of early goals we saw when Asamoah or Lichtsteiner cut the ball all the way across for the other wing back.

As for Caceres, the problem is he has shitty ball control and, unlike Licht (and actually a lot like Krasic), doesn't have the pace to take on his opponent and win. But Caceres actually has a decent cross, header, and shot, so he's useful coming forward. The only problem there is that he has to get all the way back, meaning one of Vidal or Marchisio need to cover, thereby hampering our ability to attack.

Padoin is actually a very good player in that RWB. Better than Caceres in the attacking half but worse in the defensive half. Only reason he played as much as he did is because of Pepe's injury who, for my money, is should play in that role behind Lichtsteiner.

Edit: sorry, I'll keep the tactics stuff to a minimum. Not really conducive to discussion probably, anyway.

What made them think we're going to play a 3-3-4? We haven't even started training yet!

SP7-Lichtsteiner was a great combo at times.
KuGsj.gif
that spot is for him to lose. (Assuming we don't go for Diamanti)

What use is Caceres then if his best role is in the back and we're buying Ogbonny? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom