• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
it's easy to forget that he was first team before the sending off against united early in the season. after that point any time he got picked he had a mare. i agree he has potential, if things had played out differently last season we could be looking at a very good player right now.

He was fine at the beginning of the season when we had very little pressure on us due to our small squad and new manager. He could play his natural game with little expectation. As soon as that changed and we stepped it up a gear, he clearly couldn't cope with it. He tried too hard to make things happen to prove himself, and just made a mess of everything he touched.

He's a good player, but it's a good move on all sides I think.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f7%2fCavani(A).jpg

Skeletor is so clutch. Take him away from Rafa pls.

Bit selective in their choice of strikers. No RVP, Ibra or Falcao.

Edit: Beaten by vulva

Mastadon

Banned
PanARMENIAN.Net - Liverpool are on the cusp of signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan after agreeing a £25m fee with Shakhtar for the player, express.co.uk reports.
The Armenian playmaker has been sounded for a move to Anfield in the past few weeks, as the Reds brace themselves for Luis Suarez's seemingly inevitable departure.
He has also been on Borussia Dortmund's radar, and has been made available for sale after he failed to report for pre-season training.
His manager Mircea Lucescu urged the 24-year-old to snub Liverpool, telling Ukranian publication Terrikon: ""I can understand the urge to leave if he has a chance to go to a club that surpasses Shakhtar, like Barcelona or Real Madrid, but not many clubs are beyond our level - not clubs like Liverpool or Tottenham."
But it seems Liverpool have made a significant breakthrough, with a report in Russian paper Sport Express saying Liverpool will make an official statement in the next few days. They also note he will fly to Liverpool to undergo a medical and join up with his new teammates.

Panarmenian.net is such a fucking cocktease.

Feorax

This is about the 8th time we've agreed a fee and an annoucement is imminent.

Let's face it, no-one has a clue where this guy is going and when.

What use is Caceres then if his best role is in the back and we're buying Ogbonny? :(

Purely based on history, tactical Depth chart 3-5-2, and assuming a preferred 11 (which isn't Conte's style, really), and assuming no further sales or purchases

GK: Buffon > Storari > Leali/Rubinho
RWB: Lichtsteiner > Pepe > Caceres/Padoin
CB1: Barzagli > Caceres > Ogbonny
CB2: Bonucci > Ogbonny > Caceres/Peluso > Marrone
CB3: Chiellini > Caceres > Ogbonny > Peluso
LWB: Asamoah > Giaccherini > Peluso/Padoin > Caceres
MF1: Pirlo > Pogba > Giaccherini/Padoin/Pepe > Marrone
MF2: Marchisio > Pogba > Giaccherini/Padoin/Pepe > Marrone
MF3: Vidal > Pogba > Giaccherini/Padoin/Pepe > Marrone
FW1: Tevez > Vucinic > Giovinco
FW2: Lllorente > Vucinic > Quagliarella

The person who really loses out by the purchase of Ogbonny and the permanent signing of Peluso in this squad isn't Caceres, it's Marrone. My bet is we send him to Parma, Atalanta, or Sampdoria on co-ownership if we don't sell one (good for Marone) or both (better for Marone) of Padoin or Peluso. They are the two utility players that have really ate Marrone's dinner.

Feorax

@Richard_Buxton_: Luis Suarez facing prospect of staying at #LFC beyond summer with no club prepared to meet asking price. Shades of Fernando Torres in 2010.

Good. If we aren't going to get the price we want, there's no reason we should be forced to take the best offer on the table.

qindarka

Banned
"I love Cavani, yes we are interested". - Blanc.

That's that for Cavani to Chelsea. Congrats Timurid!

Next, CFC will focus on Rooney (supposedly. Not happening) and Lewandowski (the guy who said no to Real will not say yes to CFC).

#TorresVP

Calm down. The deal is nowhere near done yet.

Anyway, worse case scenario is we get a very promising Lukaku as our main striker.

What the Fuck? PSG are going to pay the €60m release clause for Cavani? De Laurentis, you sly slimy son of a bitch.......

Hopefully the player will abject and the power and draw of Mou will bring this to a close.

Don't blame De Laurentis for this. It's only natural he would want the best deal for his club.

GQman2121

Banned
What the Fuck? PSG are going to pay the €60m release clause for Cavani? De Laurentis, you sly slimy son of a bitch.......

Hopefully the player will object and the power and draw of Mou will bring this to a close.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Purely based on history, tactical Depth chart 3-5-2, and assuming a preferred 11 (which isn't Conte's style, really), and assuming no further sales or purchases

GK: Buffon > Storari > Leali/Rubinho
RWB: Lichtsteiner > Pepe > Caceres/Padoin
CB1: Barzagli > Caceres > Ogbonny
CB2: Bonucci > Ogbonny > Caceres/Peluso > Marrone
CB3: Chiellini > Caceres > Ogbonny > Peluso
LWB: Asamoah > Giaccherini > Peluso/Padoin > Caceres
MF1: Pirlo > Pogba > Giaccherini/Padoin/Pepe > Marrone
MF2: Marchisio > Pogba > Giaccherini/Padoin/Pepe > Marrone
MF3: Vidal > Pogba > Giaccherini/Padoin/Pepe > Marrone
FW1: Tevez > Vucinic > Giovinco
FW2: Lllorente > Vucinic > Quagliarella

The person who really loses out by the purchase of Ogbonny and the permanent signing of Peluso in this squad isn't Caceres, it's Marrone. My bet is we send him to Parma, Atalanta, or Sampdoria on co-ownership if we don't sell one (good for Marone) or both (better for Marone) of Padoin or Peluso. They are the two utility players that have really ate Marrone's dinner.

Whoa, when you put it like this, Luke Brown IS completely fucked haha.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Still, Caceres, Ogbonny and Peluso...that's a bit overkill. But Conte knows best, we'll see what he has in mind..

Carbonox

PSG front three of:

Lavezzi - Ibra - Cavani

HNNGH

I can see them doing far better in the Champions League this coming season. They'll probably bag Cabaye as well for utter domination.

Monaco have some ways yet to compete against PSG. You can't just buy 3 top players and assume you can compete. Falcao ain't gonna solo anything.

If Monaco really want to compete, they're gonna have to buy another 7+ top players. Even then, they aren't all gonna gel straight away so it could be a rocky first season back for the club.

Wilbur

Banned
Have a feeling Pastore or Verratti will be on their way out. Assuming Ibra plays off Cavani and Lavezzi/Moura play either side of him, they'll need Matuidi to keep shit together in the middle and playing Pastore there might be overkill of attackers.

Wilbur

Banned
Shelvey to Swansea is an odd one. Not sure if it'll particularly work out there. They've made some bright signings already and Bony looks like he might come. Can't see an immediate starting place for him.

Feorax

Shelvey to Swansea is an odd one. Not sure if it'll particularly work out there. They've made some bright signings already and Bony looks like he might come. Can't see an immediate starting place for him.

I suspect they'll have him play deeper in midfield than as a number 10, at least whilst De Guzman is there.

Edit: Some reports BVB have given up on Mkhitaryan. Not willing to pay the €30 million.

Hope this can be sorted soon.

Labadal

I see him playing in a more defensive ball winning role. I might be wrong, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom