• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Jovetic's moves seem to have stalled on both the Arsenal and Juve fronts. I wonder if Madrid will now have a look at him?

Korez

For Yurt
3AQmK.gif

Fernando Llorente explores Juventus Stadium

dc89

Quote from AS: "Pellegrini went on holiday knowing Isco had an agreement with them and came back to see the Malaga player signed for Real."

@citywatch

Holy shit if true. He stabbed his footballing father in the back.

Sir Alex walks to royal box pursued by journo:"Sir Alex have u got any words for the spanish press?"..."Yes adios". #wimbledon

Froggie :D

Fady K

Tense times, Fady.

Footballwise or do you mean on a personal level?

If it is the former, then you have a lot to look forward to bro! New leadership at MUFC, an improved Kagawa, Thiago joining in, plus a few months more of potentially good transfers ;D

Meier

Quote from AS: "Pellegrini went on holiday knowing Isco had an agreement with them and came back to see the Malaga player signed for Real."

@citywatch

Holy shit if true. He stabbed his footballing father in the back.
Of course it's true. I'm sure it had been for about 3-4 months..they were obviously both planning to come together. City were linked with him all season.

I think his father got in his ear though and that was that. Blood wins out in the end. Or blood money in this case given the purported €10m agent fee his dad received.

That being said, gotta get the person to sign on the dotted line. City should have activated the release clause earlier and tried to make it official well before the U-21s. That was a failure on the management's end.

Blablurn

At least you don't have to pay for flights and accom to see your team play. When I go to see Barca it costs me the guts of 400 euro.

I live around 600km away from Munich. Maybe it doesnt cost 400€ but I still need to pay a shitton of money :p

Salazar

Footballwise or do you mean on a personal level?

I've written enough material for two theses. I'm in the process of deciding how to cut/squish it down to one. I am comfortable with painful editing work involving other people's writing, but my own is a bit resistant. It's an awful, nervous, peevish business.

If it is the former, then you have a lot to look forward to bro!

Aye. I think the squad could be in decent shape with a couple of departures (Anderson gtfo), one or two returns to form (Valencia pls), and a little bit of top quality coming in.

"Pellegrini wanted to take me to Manchester City, but when I heard Real Madrid were interested I didn't have to think twice." - Isco

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. MASSIVE rejection.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't believe you're not supporting Murray.

Another reason to be ashamed of yourself.

I like Murray and I want him to win it you blork, but it's because he's British I want to. Players I actually like - Tsonga, Federer, Nishikori, Tomic - are all out, and Del Potro is last standing.

Djoker, no. Ferrer, no. That Janowicz is pretty cool.

L1NETT

City have completed their second transfer swoop in as many days after snapping up winger Mark Yeates.

The 28-year-old Irishman, who left Watford at the end of last season, previously played for Phil Parkinson with Colchester. He has also had spells with Middlesbrough and Sheffield United.

Yeates has signed a two-year deal at Valley Parade today, following in the footsteps of Jason Kennedy. He played 30 games for Gianfranco Zola’s Hornets last season and scored four times

Boosh. Promotion push in on baby.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There’s a new twist in the Robinho-Santos saga, as the Milan striker’s father claims agent Mino Raiola was not authorised to negotiate.

The move risks collapse due to both the requests of the Rossoneri and the player’s wage demands, which this week Santos declared “need to get back to reality.”

Now there is a new twist in the tale, as Robinho’s father has told Brazilian media the talks with Santos were through agent Raiola.

“I saw Mino Raiola only once and we are not friends,” Gilvan de Souza told Lancenet.

“The only people who deal with Robinho’s affairs are me and our lawyer Marisa Ramos.”

Slow season for Mino.

122579_hp.jpg

pulga

Banned
Of course it's true. I'm sure it had been for about 3-4 months..they were obviously both planning to come together. City were linked with him all season.

I think his father got in his ear though and that was that. Blood wins out in the end. Or blood money in this case given the purported €10m agent fee his dad received.

That being said, gotta get the person to sign on the dotted line. City should have activated the release clause earlier and tried to make it official well before the U-21s. That was a failure on the management's end.

Looooool City fans talking about blood money. SMH

"Pellegrini wanted to take me to Manchester City, but when I heard Real Madrid were interested I didn't have to think twice." - Isco

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. MASSIVE rejection.

There's the truth of it, suck it down. He wanted a real, massive club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
News on Nani.

Roma are reportedly targeting Manchester United winger Nani, joining Juventus and Napoli in the chase.

The Portuguese international is struggling for playing time at Old Trafford and could well move on this summer.

He has a €10m price-tag on his head, which has so far put off Juve, Napoli and French side Monaco.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Roma have dived in with their proposal for Nani and director of sport Walter Sabatini visited Manchester United headquarters over the last few days.

It is believed 26-year-old Nani was requested specifically by new Roma Coach Rudy Garcia.

Put off by €10m?
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom