• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Another Irishman (and ex-rugby player!) has been appointed coach at Arsenal.

Johnny O'Connor is a strength & conditioning /sports medicine & athletic development coach at the academy.

I'm liking all these Irish lads at the club.

Ugh, Daehli left United for Molde. And Januzaj hasn't renewed yet. Counting Pogba, that would be an annoying trio of talent to have disappear. Thiago or bust, Moyes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bla I don't think that works on MobileGAF :p

-

Our meeting with Sampdoria for Gabbiadini and Zaza didn't end well and Milan signed Poli.

Marry you fucking TURKEY

Salvadora

If Cavani ends up going to PSG, I can see Chelsea stepping up a few notches in their pursuit of Rooney.

Not a huge amount of options left for them.

Looks like we signed Poli! I'm very happy. Montolivo/De Jong/Poli is a great, balanced midfield.

Now we just need a trequartista (hopefully Honda) and another centerback (hopefully not Astori) and we are good to go.

Everything we do is legal.

gxg7xu6.jpg

flippedb

Banned
Can't believe it was fucking Mino Raiola who was stalling the Robinho deal. I should have known, really.

Also, it seems Napoli, Lazio, and Fiorentina are all making some really good improvements this market. The race for second and third will be very intense.

Lucky for us, Balo (pen) will make sure we get the first place.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Looks like we signed Poli! I'm very happy. Montolivo/De Jong/Poli is a great, balanced midfield.

Now we just need a trequartista (hopefully Honda) and another centerback (hopefully not Astori) and we are good to go.

Apparently Juve and Milan agreed that one would take Poli and the other Zaza. A gentlemen's agreement if you will.

And there's a rumour that we sold Matri. I'm hoping to Galliani :p
:(

GQman2121

Banned
If Cavani ends up going to PSG, I can see Chelsea stepping up a few notches in their pursuit of Rooney.

Not a huge amount of options left for them.

Cavani to Paris is picking up steam by the hour. The fact the Rafa is already looking at other options makes me believe its only a matter of time.

And I'm okay with this. Wayne would be 1/3 the price; is nearly the same age; knows the league; and is a proven winner at the club level. Jose would have him back to his best in no time.

dc89

Everything we do is legal.

Cool. Same as City then :)
As much as Hoeness (spelling?) hates filling up his car, (and he does he's said it himself) we are legal too.

Unless they start paying Bayern a rate "above the market rate" there isn't.

And afaik Bayerns deal with Adidas is pretty normal.

Ah. Ok. Sure I read it somewhere. I want to investigate now as I hate having a bad memory :p

Apparently Juve and Milan agreed that one would take Poli and the other Zaza. A gentlemen's agreement if you will.

And there's a rumour that we sold Matri. I'm hoping to Galliani :p
:(

Makes sense, you guys already have a great midfield and we already have a great attack.

Now that we are (purportedly) keeping El Sha, I actually wouldn't mind having Matri too much. As long as his arrival isn't at the expense of Honda. I just don't see it happening though, we have way too many strikers if you include Niang and Petagna as well.

Where's the Poli info?

Sky Italia and GDS.

Edit: Here.

Salvadora

Cavani to Paris is picking up steam by the hour. The fact the Rafa is already looking at other options makes me believe its only a matter if time.

And I'm okay with this. Wayne would be 1/3 the price; is nearly the same age; knows the league; and is a proven winner at the club level. Jose would have him back to his best in no time.
I think I'd trust Mou to get Wayne back to his best.

Think a move would be the best thing for him.

faridmon

It seems we are set to sign Kone and Alcaraz from Wigan shortly. I am not sure if I am happy with those two signings. Why not sign Macmanaman, McCarthy or Malony if we are going to sign Wigan players. Also, Why go back to Wigan when you are as lofty as Champions League spot next season?

At least Martinez is set to fight to keep Baines in Everton which is something.

rodvik

"sickipediabot ‏@sickipediabot 23h

My mum shouted upstairs to me "Do you know the name of that Brazilian Striker?" "Neymar" "Not to worry son, I'll ask your dad""

It seems we are set to sign Kone and Alcaraz from Wigan shortly. I am not sure if I am happy with those two signings. Why not sign Macmanaman, McCarthy or Malony if we are going to sign Wigan players. Also, Why go back to Wigan when you are as lofty as Champions League spot next season?

At least Martinez is set to fight to keep Baines in Everton which is something.

Kone is really good. Maybe not good enough to be your first chouce striker, but second choice definitely. Massive upgrade on Anichebe, and big upgrade on Jelavic last season. He doesn't score a huge number of goals, but the all round job he does for the team is great.

Often for Wigan he'd be the only player in the opposition half, and had to be winger, striker, poacher and attacking midfielder all in one, and he did it without complaint.

faridmon

I will fall of my chair if United sell Rooney to Chelsea for 20mil...

Do you think he is worth more? Also, wasn't there a rumor that Arsene was intrested in him as well?

I would love to see him back at Everton, but again, he is an expensive player who demands a lot of money wage wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom