• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Are Everton still expecting to be as succesful without Moyes? I thought their fans would lower their expectations a little.

faridmon

Kone is really good. Maybe not good enough to be your first chouce striker, but second choice definitely. Massive upgrade on Anichebe, and big upgrade on Jelavic last season. He doesn't score a huge number of goals, but the all round job he does for the team is great.

Often for Wigan he'd be the only player in the opposition half, and had to be winger, striker, poacher and attacking midfielder all in one, and he did it without complaint.

Wow, good to know. Cheers.

Yeah, you are right. Any striker at Everton at the moment is good striker since our strikers are shite.

Lightning

Banned
Do you think he is worth more? Also, wasn't there a rumor that Arsene was intrested in him as well?

I would love to see him back at Everton, but again, he is an expensive player who demands a lot of money wage wise.
It's not about worth. Why would United want to help Chelsea for a measly 20mil? Didn't our stupidity last season with RVP teach them anything?

Rooney is not even on his last year, Would be a piss me off move if United done that. Fuck Chelsea.

Stranger things have happened.

Arnie detailed the other day the factors that contribute to his drop in value.
It's got nothing to do with value. Chelsea's midfield is ace, better than United's, why solve their striker problem for them too? For a measly 20m to solve a competitior's issue for them reeks of carelessness. Ask Arsenal about RVP.

Rooney goes on to score 25 league goals and Chelsea win the premiership. How clever United going to look then with their 20mil?

faridmon

Are Everton still expecting to be as succesful without Moyes? I thought their fans would lower their expectations a little.

We lowered or expectation just because of Moyes. Now that we have a manager who, hopefully, use young players, try to experiment more, try to play attractive football, doesn't resort to negative football, don't play Neville, doesn't order hoofing all the time, actually know how to handle strikers, don't play Neville, listen to the fans, doesn't bend to the top 4 clubs and don't play Neville, we could dream big. Maybe it will be over inflated, but we have hope.

Stranger things have happened.

Arnie detailed the other day the factors that contribute to his drop in value.

It won't happen with Chelsea. Arsenal, there's a slight possibility, as you most probably won't be fighting for the title with or without him. Chelsea probably will be going for the title even without him, so Man Utd would be foolish to sell them such an upgrade

rodvik

Bent would actually be a very good fit for Everton I think. They keep the ball in and around the box enough for him to be effective.

Actually you are right, I was just kidding around but he would fit. The man really is very good in the right system. Unfortunately for him that is not Lamberts system.

L1NETT

If Rooney wants to leave, isn't happy why on earth would you keep him? No player is bigger than the club and all that.

---

And Palace sign Dwight Gayle for reportedly £8.5m? LOL. He was good against us last season for the daggers but in the PL?

Palace going straight back down. Sign some proper PL players.

Edit: Only £4.5 according to the Guardian. Still mad. Beckford 2.0.

Clegg

Tbh Farid, Moyes took Everton to their natural peak. You may not have liked the way he set his team out but Moyes took Everton as high as they can go.

You're not going to get into the top five without massive investment.

If Rooney wants to leave, isn't happy why on earth would you keep him? No player is bigger than the club and all that.

---

And Palace sign Dwight Gayle for reportedly £8.5m? LOL. He was good against us last season for the daggers but in the PL?

Palace going straight back down. Sign some proper PL players.

I have a feeling Palace and Hull will be utterly unremarkale next season, and both will be adrift from 18th by December

faridmon

It's not about worth. Why would United want to help Chelsea for a measly 20mil? Didn't our stupidity last season with RVP teach them anything?

Rooney is not even on his last year, Would be a piss me off move if United done that. Fuck Chelsea.

Maybe they think he is past it. Liverpool have done with Torres, Man United must be licking their lips at the thought of that.

rodvik

How much are you selling him for?

My opinion is 8 million. But I have no idea. I would expect the club would be reasonable. Maybe take some of your youth players as a trade to lower the price? Dunno. But he would be a decent shout for you i think. The man is lethal in front of goal.

My opinion is 8 million. But I have no idea. I would expect the club would be reasonable. Maybe take some of your youth players as a trade to lower the price? Dunno. But he would be a decent shout for you i think. The man is lethal in front of goal.

'My wife could have scored that'

#brilliantmanmanager

faridmon

Tbh Farid, Moyes took Everton to their natural peak. You may not have liked the way he set his team out but Moyes took Everton as high as they can go.

You're not going to get into the top five without massive investment.

You are hundred percent right, and believe me, I am thankful for what he have done. But he wasn't without his perks, and I do believe he could have done (a bit) better without those perks. The amount of points we lost because of Neville, Saha and Cahill is unforgivable when he had better option.
He was a man that used his strengths to hide his weakness. I am sure he will do well at your club, but be prepared for some frustration.

Tc91

HmiyvjP.jpg

faridmon

We need those man, can't risk it. We could get £40m for Barkely in the next few years.

D_prOdigy

Rooney can be a bit of a twat, but I don't think he'll go all out to force a move if we don't accept a low-ball offer from Arsenal or Chelsea. He'll probably just get a bit surly and fat. We're not desperate to cash in, and we got by fine last season without him at his best.

Would you sell him to City for £35m?
Maybe, I kinda doubt it just cos it's City but it depends what approach all these new guys take. Ferguson would have never allowed it IMO.

I can imagine us selling to Chelsea for that much though, I think anything near that would be looked at anyways.

A £20m bid would go straight in the bin

Well since the season is only 10 days away time for my season predictions.

1) Anzhi
2) Spartak
3)CSKA
4)Zenit
5)Rubin
6)Lokomotiv
7)Kuban
8)Dinamo
9)Krasnodar
10)Terek
11)Rostov
12)Amkar
13)Tom
14)Krylia Sovetov
15)Volga
16)Ural

Hope I'm wrong, I like having us play in the CL :(

1) Anzhi
2) Spartak
3)CSKA
4)Zenit
5)Rubin
6)Lokomotiv
7)Kuban
8)Dinamo
9)Krasnodar
10)Terek
11)Rostov
12)Amkar
13)Tom
14)Krylia Sovetov
15)Volga
16)Ural

Really?

dc89

Maybe, I kinda doubt it just cos it's City but it depends what approach all these new guys take. Ferguson would have never allowed it IMO.

I can imagine us selling to Chelsea for that much though, I think anything near that would be looked at anyways.

A £20m bid would go straight in the bin

In the recycle bin. Or do they still use fax these days :p

Slizz

Was watching the Murray match on my phone during class. That was some good shit from Murray to come back. He came out overconfident to start, I could tell from the first set.

FootballFan

1) Anzhi
2) Spartak
3)CSKA
4)Zenit
5)Rubin
6)Lokomotiv
7)Kuban
8)Dinamo
9)Krasnodar
10)Terek
11)Rostov
12)Amkar
13)Tom
14)Krylia Sovetov
15)Volga
16)Ural

Loko 6th? What a joke list.

What were they? I'd like to see that, Rooney's an interesting case.

Rooney isn't the main striker.

Rooney has fitness issues.

Rooney hasn't been world class for a while.

Rooney wants to leave (that's what we're being told anyway, he's tentatively denying it for some reason even though it's clear he does).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom