• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larson

Banned
Suarez linked to Arsenal? what a crazy world we live in.

Btw, should i buy Resident Evil 4 on PSN (is it the HD version?), is it worth it? i have never played it, but i loved the setting in The Last of Us, and that is heavy influenced of RE4.

Blablurn

1005274_692576434092384_335541512_n.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Btw, should i buy Resident Evil 4 on PSN (is it the HD version?), is it worth it? i have never played it, but i loved the setting in The Last of Us, and that is heavy influenced of RE4.
YES

L1NETT

Lots of twatter rumours linking us to Mark Schwarzer to come be a player/coach.

Would love to see him back, but I think it's BS. His wages would be pretty large, and with Davies resigning I don't think we can afford it.

Also reports say Simon Church might sign.

Hoping so.

One of the greatest games ever. Perfectly paced.

Bumhead

Banned
I was hyped when he came back from loan.

Then we loaned him to stoke.

Jesus..

There was some talk when we got promoted that season we could have signed him permanently for something like £250k. Not entirely sure how much truth was behind that but we were too skint anyway. One of those "What would have happened" moments though, especially with Chris Brunt pinging balls at him all season if we had.

jtb

Banned
Honestly I think the contract talk is bullshit. I think Higuain will be on more than 100k and I'm sure it will be 4 years. Why would Higuain accept the same pay as Theo Walcott when he knows what his fellow Argentina teammates are making?

I'm sure it will be closer to the 150k reported figure.

He wasn't on that much at Madrid by I think he'll be paid at Cesc/RVP (120-150k iirc) levels rather than Theo levels (100k)

Salvadora

Honestly I think the contract talk is bullshit. I think Higuain will be on more than 100k and I'm sure it will be 4 years. Why would Higuain accept the same pay as Theo Walcott when he knows what his fellow Argentina teammates are making?

I'm sure it will be closer to the 150k reported figure.
I'm inclined to agree.

Arsenal are not going to break their transfer record for a three year deal (I hope), and Higuain is high profile enough to warrant higher wages than £100,000.

Arsenal are in a much stronger financial position in 2013 and wages will reflect that.

One of the best games I've ever played.

Arnie

Everything about Warrior screams 1991.
As long as we have a boss home kit I'm happy for them to do whatever they want with the rest of the gear. I love all the mad designs, the diamonds, the colours, the contrasting socks. It's fucking ridiculous, in a refreshing way. Definitely getting a pair of those socks.

Hixx

So Mendy will be confirmed within 24 hours and we've bid £7m for Rose.

This is great but can we sign a couple of strikers pls Paolo.

Randdalf

New Indykaila text message, what the fuck is he doing.

Love how Dennis has pretty much the same writing style, down to the exclamation marks.

Ahaha, the tweet that accompanies it: "Text message from #AFC source. Name has been changed for security reasons. pic.twitter.com/NeyjT84fvI"

Feorax

So suarez says he wants out because he hates the english media and feels persecuted.

Yesterday he's linked with Arsenal.

Today AS are linking him with a €40 million move to Chelsea.

Lolwut?

So suarez says he wants out because he hates the english media and feels persecuted.

Yesterday he's linked with Arsenal.

Today AS are linking him with a €40 million move to Chelsea.

Lolwut?

Yeah but since Arsenal and Chelsea play in the CL therefore Suarez would get to interact with European media as well. :p

Turok_TTZ

I loled hard at Suarez to Arsenal. You wanna know what made me laugh so hard that I started crying from too much laughter? Suarez to Chelsea since Cavani is highly rumored to be signed by PSG.

You can't write this shit bahahahahahahaahhahaahahaah!

Lightning

Banned
I loled hard at Suarez to Arsenal. You wanna know what made me laugh so hard that I started crying from too much laughter? Suarez to Chelsea since Cavani is highly rumored to be signed by PSG.

You can't write this shit bahahahahahahaahhahaahahaah!
Arsenal link with Suarez is lol worthy but the Chelsea link is good for Liverpool. Bidding war between City, Chelsea and Madrid will boost Suarez when he leaves.

City said they will sign either Lewa, Suarez or Cavani. Lewa looks unlikely, Cavani very close to PSG only leaves Suarez.

Chelsea on the verge of signing Luis Suárez for 40 million euros
AS understands that the controversial Uruguayan forward is close to agreeing to a move to the Blues, with José Mourinho pipping former club Real Madrid to his signature.

Luis Suárez is close to committing to signing for Chelsea for 40 milion euros, AS has learned.

The Uruguayan striker, whose situation has been monitored by many of the top clubs in Europe, was one of José Mourinho's priorities and the Chelsea boss, who appears to have lost out to Paris Saint-Germain in the race to sign Edinson Cavani, has made a final assault for the controversial Liverpool forward.

In doing so, the Portuguese would get revenge on former club Real Madrid, who were among the favourites to capture the striker, who has expressed his desire to leave the Premier League owing to the treatment he has received from the media.

Suárez, whose agent is Pere Guardiola, brother of the Bayern Munich coach, will earn 5.5 million euros per year at Stamford Bridge.

His arrival, however, does not mean that Fernando Torres will have to leave the Blues, and the Spaniard is expected to remain in West London next season.

Back in April Suárez shocked football fans around the world by biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic, but the pair made their peace and could soon be team-mates.

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/07/04/english/1372966134_386192.html

ibmzJPZWgs5m3t.gif

Randdalf

Somebody should make a game where you have to amass followers on Twitter by pretending to be an ITK, whoever gets the most wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom