• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have him at £15 million - only 26, lots of champions league experience, can play on either side of a forward line

He had an absolutely shocking year last season though on an individual level, and is running out of contract time. He was so bad, he can have no complaints about Valencia being picked ahead of him.

Is it stupid to kind of wish we had a GB football team, just because it would basically be England with Gareth Bale?

Carbonox

Any one else seen the stupid Star Wars film marathon advert on ITV? Why is it playing to 'What a feeling'? :lol Makes me laugh every time.

Yen

He had an absolutely shocking year last season though on an individual level, and is running out of contract time. He was so bad, he can have no complaints about Valencia being picked ahead of him.

Is it stupid to kind of wish we had a GB football team, just because it would basically be England with Gareth Bale?

I would like a Britain team and an All-Ireland team (like the rugby), but then I don't care about international football at all. They'd probably riot over the Ireland thing

Empty

i suppose. it's not too long since he was excellent, more than ten assists in each of the two seasons before that.

i forgot his contract was near the end though. i thought he had longer. yeah that would probably bring him down to ~10 million

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i9LF6l6xiRjiJ.gif

/dead

Yen

Seriously, either Higuian is gone in 2 years for £20m or less, or Arsenal give him a massive contract.

I don't want to be too controversial on a very serious topic, but someone on the news just basically said regarding the Madeiline McCann case

'This case is a high-profile case, it only makes sense for the Home Office to directly fund the investigation'

That sounds a bit wrong to me, surely every case should be taken on it's merits, regardless of the amount of focus on it from the media and public?

Walshy

Independent are saying that Southampton have confirmed their interest in Victor Wanyama, Leandro Damiao and Ever Banega.

No disrespect to Southampton, as I really like them as a club but why aren't any bigger teams sniffing around these players? Especially Banega, he is absolutely quality.

Also, if they are getting Banega and Wanyama, where does that leave Schneiderlin? I really rate him aswell.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BOROCs_CMAAYdSB.jpg:large

This guy camped outside our stadium for ONE DAY to get a season ticket
KuGsj.gif

The club gave him a free shirt with his name on it.
KuGsj.gif

You can find his video on youtube.

Plasma

Banned
Because it puts us over the barrel in two years time.

I'm sure even if we had him tied down to a five year deal and he wanted to leave in two years time he'd be able to force through a move.

I'm just happy to sign him right now, I'm sure if he does well at the end of this season we'll hand him an extension with a pay rise.

BOWHdCuCcAAlvVp.jpg

I don't even feel any schadenfreude anymore, just sadness at what's happened to Torres.

In two years he has won : Golden boot winners at the euros 2012 (and winner of the tournament) and confed this year. Champions league win. Europa League win. FA Cup win. He's our football GOD

Salvadora

Contracts don't mean shit anyway. Look at Higuain force himself out of Madrid regardless of contract. If he wants to leave our club he will regardless what the contract length is.
That's an entirely different situation, though.

Sure he could probably force a move through regardless of the contract length, but it weakens our position greatly.

Yen

In two years he has won : Golden boot winners at the euros 2012 (and winner of the tournament) and confed this year. Champions league win. Europa League win. FA Cup win. He's our football GOD

haha I know, just that he's gone from the best striker in the world to decent-to-good.

I used to like your opinions on music, I'm not sure where to go in my life now.

Bad songs on Whatever People Say I Am:

:p

I've never listened to a full Arctic Monkeys album tbf :p

Gonna carry on listening to a classic album a night next week, starting with whichever Pink Floyd album came after Dark Side of the Moon

BOWHdCuCcAAlvVp.jpg

I don't even feel any schadenfreude anymore, just sadness at what's happened to Torres.

Something that always amazes me is the fact that no two of his Liverpool goals were the same. Insane variety in his scoring for us.

I miss 07/08 Torres I don't mind admitting. He was incredible. And he was still bloody good between injuries up until 2010

Lightning

Banned
That's an entirely different situation, though.

Sure he could probably force a move through regardless of the contract length, but it weakens our position greatly.
What were we supposed to do then, not sign him?

We got 24m for RVP and Nasri in their last year as well. If it comes to it we are more likely to get our money back than not should he not extend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom