• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

aubameyang-lacht-826.jpg

looks like dortmund got their own ribery

at least in the looks department

Walshy

I've never listened to a full Arctic Monkeys album tbf :p

Gonna carry on listening to a classic album a night next week, starting with whichever Pink Floyd album came after Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here is the best Floyd album by far.

Either that or Meddle. Also how the hell have you never listened to it or an Arctic Monkeys album?

Carbonox

aubameyang-lacht-826.jpg

looks like dortmund got their own ribery

at least in the looks department

He might have 'Ribery mouth' (could be classed as an official disease if more players have it) but he's still prettier overall. Suitable as Dortmund have sexier looking players than Baern Munch.

Bumhead

Banned
Couple of rumors doing the rounds that we are trying to get Kenwyne Jones on a season long loan.

I laughed them off a while ago but they just won't go away by the looks of it. Maybe something in it, but still a long shot.

Either way, fucking HYPED if there's even a 1% chance of this happening.

RETURN OF THE KING

Carbonox

I think I've figured out why Newcastle hasn't signed Pierre Aubs. Joe Kinnear's got confused and is trying to sign Willy Aubameyang, his brother, thinking he's the one Europe is talking about.

Salvadora

What were we supposed to do then, not sign him?

We got 24m for RVP and Nasri in their last year as well. If it comes to it we are more likely to get our money back than not should he not extend.

I think it's a bad precedent, and doesn't leave me particularly confident that Higuain is loyal to the cause.

The money is meaningless if it means our squad will be torn apart in two years.

Couple of rumors doing the rounds that we are trying to get Kenwyne Jones on a season long loan.

I laughed them off a while ago but they just won't go away by the looks of it. Maybe something in it, but still a long shot.

Either way, fucking HYPED if there's even a 1% chance of this happening.

RETURN OF THE KING

Yet another technically competent forward who Tony Pulis tried to use as a lump to bounce balls off of.

Remember when Steve Bruce kept chatting shit about us when we were after him, the fat-headed cunt. Can't wait til Hull get relegated

Zabojnik

BOROCs_CMAAYdSB.jpg:large

This guy camped outside our stadium for ONE DAY to get a season ticket
KuGsj.gif

The club gave him a free shirt with his name on it.
KuGsj.gif

You can find his video on youtube.

In retrospect, we really should've made it a 50k stadium. I forsee season ticket shenanigans this season too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guardiola “In the Champions League Juventus are certainly stronger. They are a club with a lot of money and they can expend a lot. They are definitely a terrific club, fabulous.

In Italy they have won so much and now rightly they are looking to Europe.

The aspect of success and winning is related to the continuity of the project with their Coach, Conte.”

You fabulous bald cunt. <3

#FuckMou

We have a lot of money but we also have fucking Marotta, Pep..

Walshy

Music and Film just don't really grab me in the way that TV and Games do. Except for Interpol :p
I didn't know you liked Joy Division tribute bands.

In all seriousness though, I like Turn on The Bright Lights. Not a fan of anything much passed that though, although Antics was decent.

Carbonox

#FuckMou

Guardiola &#8220;In the Champions League Juventus are certainly stronger. They are a club with a lot of money and they can expend a lot. They are definitely a trific club, trific.

In Italy they have won so much and now rightly they are looking to Europe.

The aspect of success and winning is related to the continuity of the project with their trific Coach, Conte.&#8221;

Fixed.

Lightning

Banned
I think it's a bad precedent, and doesn't leave me particularly confident that Higuain is loyal to the cause.

The money is meaningless if it means our squad will be torn apart in two years.
Given how he is forcing Madrid's hand and lowering the fee did you expect him to be loyal to the cause?

Higuain will be like an Adebayor but if he scores goals while he is here then I won't give a fuck. Use him while he is here and replace him when/if the time comes with someone else who can score goals. Think of him as a tool for a purpose and nothing more and for that he is a good signing.

Carbonox

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'FIXED'?

I thought we were barcode bros

Guardiola uses terrific in a sentence, it opened him up to slander in the form of Harry Redknapp's trademark triffic usage.

Juve is one of my fav teams in Europe, you know that.

Salvadora

Future captain here.

Love how happy he looks.
Given how he is forcing Madrid's hand and lowering the fee did you expect him to be loyal to the cause?

Higuain will be like an Adebayor but if he scores goals while he is here then I won't give a fuck. Use him while he is here and replace him when/if the time comes with someone else who can score goals. Think of him as a tool for a purpose and nothing more and for that he is a good signing.
Eh, you know yourself that Madrid is a special situation. It's not exactly like many other clubs in the world. He's given them seven seasons.

#FuckMou

We have a lot of money but we also have fucking Marotta, Pep..

But are they the toughest and most intense team ever?

&#8220;I am very satisfied with the performance because we have played against a very good team, who are well organised, with a very good coach. I am happy with this game.

&#8220;We have everything to gain; the Champions League is very demanding, and we have done everything to win the match, we had control, defended well but we lacked success offensively at times. But overall I am very satisfied with the performance of the team.

&#8220;Never as manager of Barca have I come up against such a tough, intense team.&#8221;

this is Guardiola talking about.... Copenhagen

Zabojnik

Don't listen to them, Lighting, they're all just envious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Higuain is triffic, Lightning.

Guardiola uses terrific in a sentence, it opened him up to slander in the form of Harry Redknapp's trademark triffic usage.

Juve is one of my fav teams in Europe, you know that.
Haha I know Carbo :lol

I think I'll miss Harry next season. He was my favourite part in the transfer windows. (no pun intended)

Lightning

Banned
Eh, you know yourself that Madrid is a special situation. It's not exactly like many other clubs in the world. He's given them seven seasons.
The 3 year deal could be Arsenal themselves, you realise that right? We only extended Theo's contract for 3 years as well.

It could very well be Arsenal to give Higuain a chance to prove himself and then bumper pay rise next summer. 100k is a big drop from the 150k that was being talked about earlier.

The 3 year deal could be Arsenal themselves, you realise that right? We only extended Theo's contract for 3 years as well.

It could very well be Arsenal to give Higuain a chance to prove himself and then bumper pay rise next summer. 100k is a big drop from the 150k that was being talked about earlier.

We didn't just spend £23m on Theo. I'm sure it won't be a 3-year deal anyway, knowing us we'd more likely just pull out of the deal than spend that amount of money for a risky contract.

Sid Lowe's doubting it too: https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/352841350833635332

Salvadora

Yes of course, I speculated that very point earlier today.

We've just been hurt so many times, Lightning.

Zabojnik

I should forward all these scam mails I get from Ghana to FIFA, so they'd suspend them too. ACON is the worst. Asamoah, stay!

Bumhead

Banned
Yet another technically competent forward who Tony Pulis tried to use as a lump to bounce balls off of.

Remember when Steve Bruce kept chatting shit about us when we were after him, the fat-headed cunt. Can't wait til Hull get relegated

Kenwyne is great. We had him on loan in League One in the 04/05 season. Played 7 games and scored 7 goals. Absolutely huge, huge contribution to our promotion that season in such a short time. I would spaff if we got him back.

I'm excited to see at which point in the season Steve Bruce's dodgy eye starts melting. I'm going for November.

Plasma

Banned
Anyway @sidlowe who broke the three year contract news is now saying it could have been for the payments from Arsenal to Madrid for the transfer fee.

Yen

Sid Lowe says he isn't sure if 3 years is the length of his contract or the length of payment installments. So when he joins City, he won't be too cheap.

Lightning

Banned
Wow, that's some absolutely gleaming praise.

I really can't wait to see him in an Arsenal shirt.
That's the spirit. Higuain will kick ass next season!

Sid Lowe says he isn't sure if 3 years is the length of his contract or the length of payment installments. So when he joins City, he won't be too cheap.
Pellegrini is not interested in Arsenal players. Once he gets sacked and they replace him with Brendon Rodgers, perhaps then.

Salvadora

Anyway @sidlowe who broke the three year contract news is now saying it could have been for the payments from Arsenal to Madrid for the transfer fee.

Sid Lowe didn't break the three year contract news, I read it on some Argentinian site last night that was apparently quoting Higuain's dad.

I hope he's right.

3Sixty

Kenwyne is great. We had him on loan in League One in the 04/05 season. Played 7 games and scored 7 goals. Absolutely huge, huge contribution to our promotion that season in such a short time. I would spaff if we got him back.

I'm excited to see at which point in the season Steve Bruce's dodgy eye starts melting. I'm going for November.

I was hyped when he came back from loan.

Then we loaned him to stoke.

Lightning

Banned
Sid Lowe didn't break the three year contract news, I read it on some Argentinian site last night that was apparently quoting Higuain's dad.

I hope he's right.
Honestly I think the contract talk is bullshit. I think Higuain will be on more than 100k and I'm sure it will be 4 years. Why would Higuain accept the same pay as Theo Walcott when he knows what his fellow Argentina teammates are making?

I'm sure it will be closer to the 150k reported figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom