• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, apparently we want Oxlaid Chamberlain or Walcott in exchange for Cech.

I'd be down for The Ox, he's younger and has a better injury record (I think?), can't say that Walcott would be worth it though

I would love Ox but it's not going to realistically happen is it. At least Ox can play RW and CM if needed plus he's homegrown :p

I would love Ox but it's not going to realistically happen is it. At least Ox can play RW and CM if needed plus he's homegrown :p

No, we'll get a crocked Walcott in exchange for one of the best keepers in the world.

Perhaps they will finally get a good deal out of us after getting William fucking Gallas in exchange for Ashley Cole, lolol, and Yossi Benayoun on loan... and Lassana Diarra.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No, we'll get a crocked Walcott in exchange for one of the best keepers in the world.

Perhaps they will finally get a good deal out of us after getting William fucking Gallas in exchange for Ashley Cole, lolol, and Yossi Benayoun on loan... and Lassana Diarra.

IIRC he did alright for us

Everyone's crocked at Arsenal - you could save him.

DBT85

Sterling wouldn't sign for Liverpool for 900k a week, says agent.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-a-new-liverpool-deal-for-nearly-1631m-a-week

Raheem Sterling would not sign a new contract with Liverpool for almost £1 milllion a week, his agent Aidy Ward has told the London Evening Standard.

Ward said: "I don’t care about the PR of the club and the club situation. I don’t care.

"He is definitely not signing. He’s not signing for £700, £800, £900 thousand a week. He is not signing.

DBT85

Best thing he could do would be to go elsewhere and only take 50k to show that it wasn't about money. But that won't happen even if he wanted it to.

Personally I think the pressure from the ex Liverpool players to sign and stop disrespecting the club has been harsh and has done the opposite of what was intended.

He has a contract and doesn't want to sign a new one. Not the first or the last. How dare he want to play for a club that actually has a chance of challenging more regularly and playing more Champions League.

Then all the ev Lpool dicks will say he's been poorly advised.

But really they've just put far too much pressure on him to make a decision, just look at the reaction when he decided to hold off until the summer.

I think Arsenal will get Gundogan.

Gundogan would fit in well on the treatment table! I found it a bit bizarre that United were so heavily linked with him, if I were either them with their injury records I wouldn't get anywhere near a player like that, as good as he is.

Gundogan would fit in well on the treatment table! I found it a bit bizarre that United were so heavily linked with him, if I were either them with their injury records I wouldn't get anywhere near a player like that, as good as he is.

Yeah Carrick is trouble enough when he gets crocked buying an injury prone CM would be a big gamble for us, same goes for Arsenal.

El Topo

He had one (really) major injury. He's still young, already experienced, still very promising. You gotta take risks. Everyone said that about Robben in 2009 and look how he turned out.

He had one (really) major injury. He's still young, already experienced, still very promising. You gotta take risks. Everyone said that about Robben in 2009 and look how he turned out.

Do Bayern have the same record of injuries as United/Arsenal do? Im not saying that a player with injury problems shouldn't be signed, we got Costa who seems a bit crocked, but we also don't have a record of constant injuries and lots of players being out.

El Topo

Do Bayern have the same record of injuries as United/Arsenal do? Im not saying that a player with injury problems shouldn't be signed, we got Costa who seems a bit crocked, but we also don't have a record of constant injuries and lots of players being out.

We've had some pretty bad periods in the past, especially lately.

Esch

Banned

Arsenal have had excellent injury management recently though, more or less. The situation has improved for sure.

congrats united I guess

He'll probably end up at City or Arsenal, can't see him getting on well with Wenger though and City will give him more money. I really hope we don't buy him and I don't think its likely either, cheaper and more developed players we can get if we want someone who plays in his attacking positions.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It makes me laugh when people say Gundogan is injury prone. He's had one injury as far as I know. A very serious injury.

How is that being injury prone? He's no Diaby.

Wabba

Seriously why do Sterling hire a fool for a agent. He is ruining his own career. He is going to be the most hated player in Liverpools history. As a United fan i wouldn't even touch him with a stick.

Jarnet87

I'd love Schweinsteiger at United, my favorite German player. Doubt it happens unless Pepern stays and decided to destroy Bayern even more. Muller, Lahm, and Schweiny are Bayern lifers.

Maybe Sterling has higher ambitions than Liverpool, sure Stevie G has had a great career at Anfield but maybe Sterling looks at his lack of PL titles and he thinks twice?

Maybe Sterling has higher ambitions than Liverpool, sure Stevie G has had a great career at Anfield but maybe Sterling looks at his lack of PL titles and he thinks twice?

I can't say I blame him from that perspective. Liverpool fans might not appreciate this comment, but to be honest I don't think it looks like right now the club is going in the right direction and as you said, he looks at Gerrard's career and probably thinks that he's not going to get that CL medal and that he wants to win stuff and be competitive.

Hes not necessarily going about it the right way, although I don't think all the people (Liverpool legends etc) hounding it for it is a good idea either. It does look like he's being bullied somewhat at this point, where I didn't necessarily agree with the idea before.

If I were him, I might wait another year though as he will get to play every game for Liverpool and develop a bit more, but I can understand why he might go now, his stock is high right now and a lot of the other English teams are looking to buy someone in that position

I said exactly this to a friend earlier who thought he should still stay.
We all know Liverpool are years away from the title, there shouldn't be such an outcry because one of their players realises it too.

Jarnet87

so Gündogan going to Barca?

supposedly done deal

Locking it up for January. Can they negotiate with players for future windows, all I know they arebanned from signing players til 2016. Not that some sanction is gonna stop them trying if it did.

Pool finishing 2nd is the worst thing Rodgers could have done for himself. Falsely raised the ambition of his players, management, and the fans. Death by success.

I said exactly this to a friend earlier who thought he should still stay.
We all know Liverpool are years away from the title, there shouldn't be such an outcry because one of their players realises it too.

Liverpool seem to be a real mess right now. Assuming Sterling leaves that will leave Sturridge as the only key attacking player from last season still on the team. Its going to be hard to bring in quality replacements without Champion's League football and all this unhappiness.

DBT85

Seriously why do Sterling hire a fool for a agent. He is ruining his own career. He is going to be the most hated player in Liverpools history. As a United fan i wouldn't even touch him with a stick.

TBH, he's going to go to one for the top 4 clubs or nowhere at all, he'll play well and in a few years the only people who will still be bitching about it will be Liverpool fans and he'll be vindicated with a Premier League medal and won't give a shit what half of Merseyside think about him.

I reckon seeing Gerrard end his career with no PL medal might have been a big moment for him, that and missing out last season and then the club selling Suarez and not replacing him at all.

Meier

Arsenal are apparently signing two u17 forwards from Lens (Jeff Reine-Adelaide and Yassin Fortune). Next year is sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom