• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Raheem Sterling should be focusing on improving as a player. He has a LONG way to go before he's as good as he seems to think he already is.

In that case he needs to leave Liverpool. Some other big club should pick him up then send him on loan to a club in the Dutch league for him to develop properly. Either that or he would be Wright-Philliped soon. What a waste that guy was.

KidJr

Raheem Sterling should be focusing on improving as a player. He has a LONG way to go before he's as good as he seems to think he already is.

Would you take Sterling to us if you saw Theo go the other way?

My gut tells me he's coming to us. Which as long as we dont have pay some stupid money, I'd be happy with, because he's an upgrade on walcott imo.

DBT85

I don't think all the ex Liverpool players chiming in telling him publicly that he should stop being greedy and just sign has helped Liverpools cause at all.

Now with Barnes also saying that he's not done anything, not won anything so he should just sign its only getting worse.

But in his defence, if winning titles and playing CL football is what he wants, then he has to go elsewhere, and if someone is willing to pay Liverpool £30m for him then they should just take it. Making him fulfil his remaining contract would be moronic, even if he did give them everything he has for that time.

Tubie

Why would Liverpool let go of Sterling for any amount of money?

Doesn't he have 4 seasons left in his contract?

ugh.

At this point in time, I'd rather have:

Löw | You're insane
Favre | Good coach, but who knows how he'd handle the pressure
Tuchel | Wouldn't work out, he used to rotate strategies and formations like a mad man. Never change a winning team? Not his mantra. FC Hollywood would be up in his ass after diva complaints
Weinzierl | People really think very highly of him. I say: Let's wait another season and see what he's capable of.
unretired Jupp | He deserves his retirement
reeducated Sammer | You seem to hate Bayern more than anyone I know

or, you know, keep Pep. | Killing Bayern, the Bundesliga and the sport , little by little.

Terrible shortlist. Would not hire you as manager.
3/10

Jarnet87

Spurs should try and get Ancelotti.

He's on, what, £6/7m a year? If Paulinho costs £20m plus wages that seems pretty good value for money.

He's kinda running out of big clubs to manage now. There's Man City or back to PSG and AC Milan (if they sell to the Chinese investors)?

p.s. welcome back footygaf. any longer and i would have gotten into cricket or something.

Bayern makes the most sense. They brought Pepern Munchen in to win European glory. Ancelotti knows Europe, he's also the type of manager who can adapt and doesn't demand his team play a certain style. Under Ancelotti this Bayern team could just as eaily go back to that counter attacking style that won them the Treble. Not that he wouldn't take the Spurs job if offered, but I think Bayern go after him.

Gambit

DerZuhälter;164417526 said:
Terrible shortlist. Would not hire you as manager.
3/10

No one appreciates my random list of names chosen in such a way as to make the post most visually pleasing.

9ZE7HpEl.jpg

keit4

Banned
Another great year for Deportivo, like the two previous seasons in primera we are playing to avoid relegation in the last match. Against Barcelona. In the Camp Nou. We are fucked.

Jonny Evans linked with Everton, I'm ok with that.

Guessing a CB or two are in the works.

Hummels looks most likely to join, I don't know if we need another as well. Jones, Smalling and McNair have been fairly solid in the league but Jones and Smalling need to greatly improve for the CL. I think that's a level too high for McNair right now.

If next season is John Terry's last at Chelsea I hope we do buy John Stones from Everton. I would be happy with a Cahill/Zouma/Stones and Ivanovic at CB.

El Topo

Bayern makes the most sense. They brought Pepern Munchen in to win European glory. Ancelotti knows Europe, he's also the type of manager who can adapt and doesn't demand his team play a certain style. Under Ancelotti this Bayern team could just as eaily go back to that counter attacking style that won them the Treble. Not that he wouldn't take the Spurs job if offered, but I think Bayern go after him.

I honestly doubt Bayern is going to get another manager unfamiliar with Bundesliga and/or Bayern next. Then again, I doubt they're gonna fire Pep. There's just no one available.
I really hope we're gonna get Kahn involved in the club somehow though. We could need someone like him.

Gambit

I honestly doubt Bayern is going to get another manager unfamiliar with Bundesliga and/or Bayern next. Then again, I doubt they're gonna fire Pep. There's just no one available.
I really hope we're gonna get Kahn involved in the club somehow though. We could need someone like him.

I am currently very much on the "get rid of Rummenigge" bandwagon, so Kahn would be a welcome change there. Though, personally, I think his and Scholl's work for TV habe basically discrediated either of them and made it much less likely they'll ever be involved with Bayern.

And of course we're not gonna fire Pep. But I hope he won't extend his contract either.

Hummels looks most likely to join, I don't know if we need another as well. Jones, Smalling and McNair have been fairly solid in the league but Jones and Smalling need to greatly improve for the CL. I think that's a level too high for McNair right now.

I like McNair would like to see him go out on loan to a decent prem team but if Evans goes that won't happen.

Hummels does look likely though I must say which is rather exciting.

At least we still have Rojo!

El Topo

I am currently very much on the "get rid of Rummenigge" bandwagon, so Kahn would be a welcome change there. Though, personally, I think his and Scholl's work for TV habe basically discrediated either of them and made it much less likely they'll ever be involved with Bayern.

And of course we're not gonna fire Pep. But I hope he won't extend his contract either.

As far as I'm concerned, Kahn has shown in the past months that he's very competent. Heck, Rummenigge used to work as a commentator as well. Kahn has shown himself quite competent, he's got a long and successful history with the club and he has personality traits we could use, now that Hoeneß is gone. Sammer is great, but he doesn't have the support basis or standing that he needs to make a big difference, or at least that's my impression.

Gambit

As far as I'm concerned, Kahn has shown in the past months that he's very competent. Heck, Rummenigge used to work as a commentator as well. Kahn has shown himself quite competent, he's got a long and successful history with the club and he has personality traits we could use, now that Hoeneß is gone. Sammer is great, but he doesn't have the support basis or standing that he needs to make a big difference, or at least that's my impression.

agreed. Especially about Sammer having the competence but not the power base to be really influential. In fact, they seem to have clipped his wings once more when Pep entered the stage.

I should have phrased my worry about Kahn more clearly. I am not against him either, but I believe they (he and the CL 2001 class) are not doing themselves any favours being commentators. It's just a gut feeling.

When I now look at the stands and see Rummenigge, Dreesen and Hopfner I see exactly the kind of people anti-bayern fans always accused us of having as bosses. Snobs, who look like they might as well be plotting Piech's downfall in some board room.

El Topo

agreed. Especially about Sammer having the competence but not the power base to be really influential. In fact, they seem to have clipped his wings once more when Pep entered the stage.

I should have phrased my worry about Kahn more clearly. I am not against him either, but I believe they (he and the CL 2001 class) are not doing themselves any favours being commentators. It's just a gut feeling.

Ah, I get it. Yeah, I can see your point.

Tubie

Another great year for Deportivo, like the two previous seasons in primera we are playing to avoid relegation in the last match. Against Barcelona. In the Camp Nou. We are fucked.

Oh man, good luck with that.

Maybe all 3 teams below you draw or lose.

Jose says let's blame the players a little, blame him a little and blame the contenders for allowing Chelsea to be champions so early.

OWNED

Jarnet87

If next season is John Terry's last at Chelsea I hope we do buy John Stones from Everton. I would be happy with a Cahill/Zouma/Stones and Ivanovic at CB.

United should poach Stones instead of going for all these foreign defenders. We've been linked with Hummels for a long time now, gotta imagine there is legit interest there although you never know. Otamendi is another name popping up. Smalling has stepped it up big time at the end of the season, of course we've seen this before with him and the rest of our current english CBs. They get in good form and either do something stupid or get hurt. I'm fine letting Evans go, bringing in another CB and rolling with - Smalling, Rojo, Jones, whoever replaces Evans, and McNair. We also need enough cover at the fullback spot so Jones and Smalling never have to play RB again, it completely ruins their form. Rojo is fine going out at LB if needed.

I feel as a RB should almost be top priority, Valencia is a winger and Rafael is a nut job we need someone who is defensively sound and can get up and down the pitch with pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom