• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

I feel as a RB should almost be top priority, Valencia is a winger and Rafael is a nut job we need someone who is defensively sound and can get up and down the pitch with pace.

United should let Rafael go and even pay any club that's willing to have him. Evans too.

I miss being able to chat about anything here but yeah the pace is a lot more at my speed I don't come back and we are on another thread lol.

Thompson's an idiot, and lets his love for Liverpool cloud his judgment which I can appreciate. Sky should maybe think about asking him to tone down the bias.

Hixx

who is ready for THE LADS to bore their way to a point at the Emirates tonight?

8-1-1 formation with Danny "Diego" Graham up top alone.

Brch14R.png

Danchi

Where do people think James Milner will end up? He's apparently turned down £160k a week at Man City so it's probably fair to say that game time is the most important thing to him.

I don't think he'd be a regular starter at any of the top four clubs though. Then, maybe the way he's become such a jack of all trades at Man City has made me forget how good he could be if played regularly at centre mid.

Jarnet87

Coentrao can play as a right back too no? After Southampton swindled us on Shaw I don't want any part of Clyne. Seems like everytime they get rid of their hyped up players they get better. Just ask lolerpool how buying half of Southampton worked out. I like Rafael but its time for him to go as he can't stay healthy and van Gaal doesn't trust him. Would rather have Coleman if were gonna buy a RB already in the Prem.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsenal only need 1 point. As do Sunderland.

I'm sure Big Dick can do a deal. Give us a point and we'll keep Cattermole on a leash.
Oh, I just assumed we'd need a win to guarantee third. We've got these and then West Brom haven't we?

Who've Utd got?

Nice to see some justice for Cesc:

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that Cesc Fabregas will only serve a one-match suspension following the red card he received in the Premier League game at West Brom on Monday.

The standard sanction would have been a three-match suspension. However, following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing earlier today, the club’s claim that a three-match suspension is excessive was successful. Fabregas will therefore now only miss our final game of the season against Sunderland on Sunday and will be available for selection from the start of the 2015/16 campaign.

Barzul

Oh, I just assumed we'd need a win to guarantee third. We've got these and then West Brom haven't we?

Who've Utd got?

We do need a win to guarantee it. A point means we'll probably get on goal difference though even if we lose the last game. Ours is currently superior to Man United's

Meier

Why? They admitted he should have been sent off but as much as it was utterly brainless I don't think its counts as violent conduct and deserves 3 matches.

He could have killed the lad.

But honestly, if Brunt had ducked and it hit the ref.. what then? At a minimum, it should have been 2 games. You can't put this on the same level as two yellow cards or a professional foul.

Hixx

We do need a win to guarantee it. A point means we'll probably get on goal difference though even if we lose the last game. Ours is currently superior to Man United's

There'd need to be a 8 goal swing. Hull will be playing out of their skin so Man United, at BEST, will steal a win by one or two goals.

We should draw so Man United can do the right thing and contribute to relegating Newcastle.

kharma45

I think Manchester United should sign lots of players this window like Ronaldo, Hazard and Aguero. We'd be really good then.

Nice to see the Football thread back.

Was gutted to see Arsenal lose to Swansea and then draw Utd. to maintain 3rd but hoping they win today.

Can't wait for the FA Cup match next week!

Arsenal v Sunderland has been dreadful, nearly fell asleep. I'm switching to the Coppa Italia Final

Listening to the game on my phone, the play has been frustrating to say the least.

All the near misses are driving me crazy right now. I hope they get it together in the next half because so far it's been crap.

Listening to the game on my phone, the play has been frustrating to say the least.

All the near misses are driving me crazy right now. I hope they get it together in the next half because so far it's been crap.

The misses have not been near today, except for one Giroud shot

Rush_Khan

What's the point of having 3/4 no. 10s on the pitch at the same time when all they have to pass to is a mediocre striker. None of these midfielders made any penetrating runs. Walcott should've started instead of Wilshire.

Arsenal need a prolific striker (and goalkeeper).

jtb

Banned
What's the point of having 3/4 no. 10s on the pitch at the same time when all they have to pass to is a mediocre striker. None of these midfielders made any penetrating runs. Walcott should've started instead of Wilshire.

Arsenal need a new manager.

We are giving Arsenal Cech and for a cheap price, so that is one down. Although Arsenals problems are now less about their goalkeeper (now that idiot Szczesney has been benched) and more about the rest of them being able to perform properly when expected/needed

Well that was a frustrating game to listen to while inadvertently working through my lunch as I waited for a delivery (that still hasn't come because the storage company screwed up entirely) to show up.

Not scoring at home for 3 straight games definitely sucks but I'm more concerned about how we haven't been playing well for the past few games really.

Rush_Khan

We are giving Arsenal Cech and for a cheap price, so that is one down. Although Arsenals problems are now less about their goalkeeper (now that idiot Szczesney has been benched) and more about the rest of them being able to perform properly when expected/needed
The players have a serious problem with pressure when it matters. Against Monaco, Chelsea, Swansea, etc. Second place was practically in our hands and the team lets Gomis score. They blew it... again. That's when you need a player like Aguero, a player like Hazard, Messi, to make the difference. I'll admit Sunderland were brilliant defensively but Arsenal should be beating these teams with ease if they have any aspiration of winning the title ever again.

I expect West Bromwich Albion to do the same thing. Hopefully Hull aren't as bad as I think they are.

Hmm, apparently we want Oxlaid Chamberlain or Walcott in exchange for Cech.

I'd be down for The Ox, he's younger and has a better injury record (I think?), can't say that Walcott would be worth it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom