• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Just saw the England squad. How do they not give Ashley Young a spot? FFS Roy!

Roy is god dam idiot. Earlier this season he came out and said Wayne Rooney's best position is striker, he should be playing striker for United and that he would be leading the line for England. Then a few days later or whenever the next international friendly was he played him behind the striker. He doesn't even listen to his own words.

I hope we see Januzaj, Wilson, Blackett, and McNair on Sunday. Shame Pereira is with Brazil U 20 or 21's, would have been nice to see him get a game.

Danchi

Always feel kinda disappointed that the winner of the league is the de facto choice for manager of the year. Chelsea were expected to finish in the top two, third at a push, whereas Southampton were tipped for relegation at the start of the season.

El Topo

Always feel kinda disappointed that the winner of the league is the de facto choice for manager of the year. Chelsea were expected to finish in the top two, third at a push, whereas Southampton were tipped for relegation at the start of the season.

Pep only got 4th place in Germany last year.

Seems kind of ridiculous given that he didn't win a single manager of the month award either.

I mean, we were literally top of the table for the entire season, so from that perspective it doesn't surprise me but given no manager of the month award and some impressive results from other managers (Pearson, Koeman) it does seem even stranger.

Pellegrino didn't get it last season iirc, Pulis did, so wasn't just for the title winning manager last season either

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

100% should've been Koeman when you consider the start of the season.

I probably could've won the legaue with Chelsea this year.

LVG should've been manager of the year. Turned around Young and Fellaini's careers, managed to get 4th despite: horrendous injury problems, his 2 biggest signings being hopeless and strikers that seemingly no longer wished to score in the 2nd half of the season. All of this while playing Valencia at right back!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Pardew deserves credit for his work at Palace, as does Hughes with Stoke.

Koeman is manager of the year for me though

pulsemyne

Pardew deserves credit for his work at Palace, as does Hughes with Stoke.

Koeman is manager of the year for me though
And not Garry Monk? First year managing and he gets swans their highest place and points total and does the double over man united an arsenal.

Meier

Food for thought:

Last year Suarez averaged 1 goal per 95.6 minutes. Aguero is currently at 1 per 98 with one game to go. With two goals, Aguero would move to 1 per 94.1 minutes if he plays the whole game.

Chelsea can finish with 1 point more than City did last year but have scored 32 fewer goals although they've also conceded 6 less. Pellegrini was passed over for manager of the year then and Aguero for player of the year now (a player in second beat a player in first last year). Very strong case for Aguero to have won Player of the Year this season and Monk or Koeman (or Pardew) to have won Manager.

Food for thought:

Last year Suarez averaged 1 goal per 95.6 minutes. Aguero is currently at 1 per 98 with one game to go. With two goals, Aguero would move to 1 per 94.1 minutes if he plays the whole game.

Chelsea can finish with 1 point more than City did last year but have scored 32 fewer goals although they've also conceded 6 less. Pellegrini was passed over for manager of the year then and Aguero for player of the year now (a player in second beat a player in first last year). Very strong case for Aguero to have won Player of the Year this season and Monk or Koeman (or Pardew) to have won Manager.

Suarez is a better player than Aguero. Aguero is a better/equal goalscorer.

You care too much about end of season awards :p

Meier

Suarez is a better player than Aguero. Aguero is a better/equal goalscorer.

You care too much about end of season awards :p

Just pointing out the inconsistencies and the AGENDA (the only one that exists in English football) against Man City when it comes to awards. ;) Don't agree with you on Suarez but you could certainly make a case that he's better.

I hadn't realised that the situation with Sterling is so poor.

But eh! Sell him to a Spanish or German club and move on. Liverpool have much bigger things to worry about than one player wanting to leave.

Esch

Banned
Just pointing out the inconsistencies and the AGENDA (the only one that exists in English football) against Man City when it comes to awards. ;) Don't agree with you on Suarez but you could certainly make a case that he's better.

Yeah, i'll take Aguero over Harry Kane and Silva over Coutinho . Especially the latter.

Meier

But eh! Sell him to a Spanish or German club and move on. Liverpool have much bigger things to worry about than one player wanting to leave.

Rumors Bayern are interested but he himself apparently doesn't want to leave England. I wouldn't want to play in Germany either... that language is certainly an acquired taste.

This thread is so depressingly slow now.

nTX5kXETB.gif

El Topo

Rumors Bayern are interested but he himself apparently doesn't want to leave England. I wouldn't want to play in Germany either... that language is certainly an acquired taste.

This thread is so depressingly slow now.

I'd welcome a talent like him, but if he wants to stay in England that's understandable. As for the thread, you have to give it some time, NBA GAF also took a long time to somewhat recover.

Blablurn

Fuck Sterling. If he doesn't want to join 'the Revolution' it's his felt. Just keep playing at a lonely club like Pool or at an empty stadium at City.

Tubie

Bale and Ronaldo and basically the entire team is putting pressure on Florentino to keep Ancelotti for next season.

#prayforcarlo

Well, they keep having this problem though, that "one player" generally ends up being their best, or in this case most promising: Torres -> Suarez -> Sterling. I'd suggest Sturridge could move on too but given his fitness problems, no chance of that

I still think Rodgers is probably going to get sacked

City would snap up Carlo so quick if he becomes available.

You'd think so, but I wonder how desperate they are to get Pep, that they would really consider giving Pellegrino an extra year if it meant it happening.

Anth1888

Wonder where Khedira is heading this summer? I imagine he will have a fair few teams to chose from.

Rumours were Juve are interested in him, not sure if that's still the case. I agree I would think quite a few clubs will be interested for sure.

And Hibs bottled it again.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
If Flo fires Ancelotti and hires Rafa, he'll have gone full retard. To me, that is a dismissable offense but hey if you want to hand us La Liga next season then go ahead.

And if Ancelotti is available, City should pounce on him. They want CL success, there won't be a better manager for it.

Hi

Marcel Reif is the worst commentator and the biggest bastard in history. The way he wants the HSV in the second Bundesliga is the worst.

Why are they airing the Bayern match when there's a big relegation battle going on? Surely that's more exciting. Assholes.

Looks like HSV might get away with it ...yet again. Smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom