• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
DerZuhälter;165218445 said:
As much as people love Klopp (I do too) they need to understand one thing.
All those clubs, Real Madrid, Liverpool or even Manchester City work severly different regarding the most important factor to his success.

Time and patience.

All these clubs are too big to have any of those two.
Klopp had the time to build a team, with young hungry players and added a sprinkle of transfer magic to them (Kagawa 250K, Lewandowski 5M, Gündogan 5.5M).
Replicating that transfer magic is near impossible. Ginter, Hendrik Targaryan, Immobilie, Ramos and Moyes-damaged Kagawa turned all out to be stinkers worth over 50M.
Not to mention that he ended is first campaign not qualifying for Europe. The first Euroleague and Champions League campaigns were utter embarassments.
The 2nd one though brought him inches away from a dramatic upset against Bayern.

It's hard to imagine any of these clubs having the patience to wait that long.
He'd be great for us when Wernger retires,b ut I hope that's not any time soon.

Whoever removed my name from Dortmund supporters list: I will angryklopp.gif you.

/imho Klopp can only really succeed in Liverpool, but if I were him I'd wait for Löw to gtfo and take his place.

Can my name be put on the Ipswich Town list...I say list...

iLvSr19JLEXbT.png

Jarnet87

United linked with Alves, Benteke, Dante, Benzema and Otamendi today, pick a name folks any name!

Gonna be a looong summer.

you are forgetting bale, ronaldo, and of course no United muppet summer is complete without a completely bogus rumor of Wesley Sneijder and Danielle De Rossi.

Sadly I haven't seen any of them play. Bodo left the year before I was born xD

But success is the least of our problems right now. We need to stay in Bundesliga first and foremost, and not let the Fahrstuleffekt kick in again. But if it eventually does kick in, we can now officially claim that we only are a Karnevalsverein ^^
Wow, that accute Bundesspeak :)

Schaaf is available now, too. Schalke should try to get him. Great manager.
That's senseful. I wonder though why the connection hasn't been done in the media yet. Schaaf would be a good manager for any team, including the biggest ones. He turned Werder into a European powerhouse.
All those clubs, Real Madrid, Liverpool or even Manchester City work severly different regarding the most important factor to his success.

Time and patience.

Klopp had the time to build a team, with young hungry players and added a sprinkle of transfer magic to them (Kagawa 250K, Lewandowski 5M, Gündogan 5.5M).
Replicating that transfer magic is near impossible. Ginter, Hendrik Targaryan, Immobilie, Ramos and Moyes-damaged Kagawa turned all out to be stinkers worth over 50M.
Not to mention that he ended is first campaign not qualifying for Europe. The first Euroleague and Champions League campaigns were utter embarassments.
The 2nd one though brought him inches away from a dramatic upset against Bayern.

What you say is true but he hardly works with the same budgts that he had back in the days. At Liverpool, Klopp could buy virtually any player active outside of the EPL. If he goes there, I would be thrilled by his work with their youth academy. He would easily give three, four young players their chance in the squad.

What you say is true but he hardly works with the same budgts that he had back in the days. At Liverpool, Klopp could buy virtually any player active outside of the EPL. If he goes there, I would be thrilled by his work with their youth academy. He would easily give three, four young players their chance in the squad.

I'd be thrilled too, if Klopp joins the Kop. But with more money at Dortmund, the spendings rose, the actual quality of transfers didn't though. Even worse though was the fact that it severely hampered the development of young players, who were sold or loaned out (Leitner, Bittencourt, Ginzcek, Hofmann, Koray Günther, Sarr).
Except for Durm not a single youth player emerged in the last two years due to the fact that expensive (non-performing) players were bought.

He'd be great for us when Wernger retires,b ut I hope that's not any time soon.

I think the fact that quite a few german players are located at Arsenal right now could be detrimental. Just look at Pep and his new FC Bavario Municho. He isn't able to articulate his ideas and motivational speeches in german. But he speaks spanish with all his spanish players.
And before you know it you have cliques inside your team, people accusing him of favoring spanish players and all that shabang. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'd rather see him at Liverpool. Especially since that team might have more potential hidden.

Jarnet87

Who is a bola? Are they legit? Probably not.

Looks like Khedira to Juve someone must be off then?

No idea who A Bola is. We've been rumors with Gaitan for at least 3 seasons, but from reading some other threads about him the buzz has gone down a bit, as has the asking price.

Pirlo could be retiring, but Khedira doesn't fit that role. Most likely it's for Pogba or Vidal, most liklely Pogba. They need another box to box player if they lose one or both of those two.

No idea who A Bola is. We've been rumors with Gaitan for at least 3 seasons, but from reading some other threads about him the buzz has gone down a bit, as has the asking price.

Pirlo could be retiring, but Khedira doesn't fit that role. Most likely it's for Pogba or Vidal, most liklely Pogba. They need another box to box player if they lose one or both of those two.

Yeah I'm guessing it's for Pogba I imagine Veratti is the Pirlo replacement next season maybe?

deroli

Time and patience.

Before Klopp joined us, we had 46, 44 and 40 points at the end of the season (2006-2008). We had been a mid-table team, declining each season. With Klopp as the manager, we finished with 59 and 57 points before becoming champion. This is a massive improvement. And this is no embarrassment (first EL season):
bildschirmfoto2015-05jjuii.png

Plus it wasn't only the results, you could actually see the team playing better football. I was super happy when we finally secured that EL spot I was longing for. Yep, times have changed.

Congrats to Sevilla. Dnipro did well in the first half but really lacked quality in the second.

Hopefully it was just a delayed concussion for Matheus.

MrKaepora

Who is a bola? Are they legit? Probably not.

Biggest/oldest sports newspaper in Portugal and pretty close with Benfica. So...probably real.

Also, Benficas president went to England to negotiate Salvio and Gaitan with a Premier League team. Salvio is injured and it will take at least six months to recover but is almost a certainty that we will lose Gaitan this time.

Completely forgot about the EL final, bloody hell.

Biggest/oldest sports newspaper in Portugal and pretty close with Benfica. So...probably real.

Also, Benficas president went to England to negotiate Salvio and Gaitan with a Premier League team. Salvio is injured and it will take at least six months to recover but is almost a certainty that we will lose Gaitan this time.

Wow ok could be something in this then.

Meier

Madrid putting out an official statement about not bidding for Pogba is pretty bizarre. Can you imagine if every club responded to every rumor?

Never thought in a million years that Ashley Young would have a better season than Di Maria... That's been our luck with high profile signings lately.

Yeah Young has been fantastic I just think Di Maris needs more time but if we get a good offer and LVG feels he won't fit in to the system we should sell him asap.

ooo Roma are after Dzeko, deadly on his day I could see why they would not want to sell to another Prem team I've always rated him.

Madrid putting out an official statement about not bidding for Pogba is pretty bizarre. Can you imagine if every club responded to every rumor?

If Madrid doesn't do that then their fans assume Pogba's in the bag and get pissed if he doesn't sign. Gotta work harder to keep the masses happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom