• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
CFyNGHuWYAEr5GL.jpg

Stulaw

Sam Allardyce is gone, probably going to see quite a few exits for West Ham during the summer then, I said that Newcastle were lucky to have us as their last game, it seems like the players were told during half time and just didn't want to play for most of it.

Still, I don't have any idea who would be our manager, apparently Bilic is favourite.

slider

Sam Allardyce is gone, probably going to see quite a few exits for West Ham during the summer then, I said that Newcastle were lucky to have us as their last game, it seems like the players were told during half time and just didn't want to play for most of it.

Still, I don't have any idea who would be our manager, apparently Bilic is favourite.

Yeah, the potential for exits is what I'm worried about too. Hoping an appointment is made quick smart.

Champions :D

Also fucking happy that Frank did get a send off he deserved with a goal and quality of Man City to give him the armband for the day. Love Frank. My 2nd favorite ever Chelsea player!

Stulaw

Yeah, the potential for exits is what I'm worried about too. Hoping an appointment is made quick smart.

Yeah, I'm not sure myself if Bilic would be the right choice, I know it's what a lot of fans want, but I don't know what he could bring to us.

I see Cole, Nolan, Jarvis and O'Brien going at the very least, and I doubt Song would want to sign permanently, and Arsenal seem to want to keep Jenkinson. Demel's probably going as well. Nene won't sign another contract, and Zarate will be sold as well.

Yeah, we're going to have to do a lot of buying in the Summer.

Bundesliga finale was pretty intense, even though my team (Cologne) was totally out of business (in terms of International spots as well as not threatened by descend).

So it's Hamburg (16th 1. Bundesliga) vs. Karlsruhe (3rd 2. Bundesliga) for the relegation games.
rooting for Karlsruhe here. Hamburg needs to go!

Paderborn & Freiburg will fill up the second division subbing Ingolstadt & Darmstadt, who have been promoted to 1. Bundesliga

Carbonox

4o9mwaE.gif

Yes Jonas.

Whole squad's gonna be sold off in the Summer though for being shit. Gonna play Mike Ashley in goal and we'll love it.

Pennywise

What do you guys have against Hamburg? :lol

They spend 30m € at the start of the season and still utterly failed to play proper football.
While Freiburg even got more money than they spend and they still produced more talents and played better football.

Fuck Hamburg.

I don't even have to start about that utterly laughable managment and all those fired coaches...

Firemind

Oh. I thought it was because of some petty feud against HSV being the only club who hasn't been relegated and their fans boasting about it.

1465070980-hamburger-Em5I7RLabef.jpg

That's the clock they have inside their arena. That's how long they've been in Bundesliga (they are the only club playing in the league since it was founded and are the only club which never had to go play in our second division). This f*****g clock needs to be reset.

Secondly they just play utterly bad and have a ton of luck. They would have been demoted for two consecutive years if relegation wasn't re-introduced.

El Topo

They're still stuck in some weird "We're better than you" attitude, even though they suck. The way the supporters treated media (e.g. shouting "Presse raus!", i.e. "Out with the press!") at a members' meeting a few years ago was just disgusting. There's a very popular "left-wing" club in town, so inevitably there's a few (too many) undesirable elements at HSV. The club seems (to me) chaotic. They've also been in Bundesliga since its founding, the only club left, it's time for them to go. There's also an investor involved now, which doesn't net them any bonus points. They used to be great, nowadays...not so much.

Fuck HSV. Not sure if I should cheer for Karlsruhe though, their fans have proven this season that the club should never go up again. Can't we send both of them to 2. Bundesliga? We could send some other, likeable team from 2. Bundesliga up, like, I don't know, FCK?

They're still stuck in some weird "We're better than you" attitude, even though they suck. The way the supporters treated media (e.g. shouting "Presse raus!", i.e. "Out with the press!") at a members' meeting a few years ago was just disgusting. There's a very popular "left-wing" club in town, so inevitably there's a few (too many) undesirable elements at HSV. The club seems (to me) chaotic. They've also been in Bundesliga since its founding, the only club left, it's time for them to go. There's also an investor involved now, which doesn't net them any bonus points. They used to be great, nowadays...not so much.

Fuck HSV. Not sure if I should cheer for Karlsruhe though, their fans have proven this season that the club should never go up again. Can't we send both of them to 2. Bundesliga? We could send some other, likeable team from 2. Bundesliga up, like, I don't know, FCK?

How about Karlsruhe winning relegation and failing to get the Bundesliga license? That would cause Kaiserslautern to play in Bundesliga next season, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways: no matter how bad Karslruhe's fans are, Hamburg's are worse. ("Die Unabsteigbaren" *facepalm.gif*)

Hamburg sounds like the Liverpool of Germany.
They are the Nottingham Forest of Germany, but with a more lenient system they evolve in.

Schalke is the German Tottenham.
Dortmund are the German Swansea.

There are no Liverpool equivalent in Germany.

edit : OP, please add me to the list of Dynamo Dresden and Mönchengladbach fans.

Seraphiel

Banned
Was great seeing slippy g booted out of the prem by a 6-1 boot in the ass.

Brenton to be coach forever.

120 million and 2 less points than Moyes.

Provincial club.

norinrad

Hamburg also have buttloads of worthless players making more than they're worth. RvdV was making loads of Euros without even showing up. The fat fuck was too busy screwing his ex wife's best friend. c*nt

Van Gaal is not going to sign Bale, he will be bringing in some good solid defenders, that's what United needs.

Phew, survived by the skin of our teeth and somehow still finished above the mackems. Biggest surprise of the weekend was Mike Ashley doing an interview, and it making sense. Perhaps a little too late, given that it's taken 8 years for him to say the words the fans wanted to hear - even if they are just words.

I couldn't be happier that Jonas Gutierrez scored the goal that put everyone to ease after all the crap he went through with Cancer, but more so the treatment he received from certain members of the club regarding the entire issue.
Whole sale changes are needed within the club, but then I feel like that's been said every season for 8 years.

Hopefully Boro win today, so we can go back to having 3 teams from the North-East in the Premier League, as it's good for the region in general.

Huh huh. Compare the view counts.

I am no hater though. I have relatives in the Cologne area and I like their club too.
I have, myself, no ties with Gladbach. I have just liked the team since their 2011 season.

I like the BMG team as well, I just hate the club for obvious reasons. The shit going on at matches (fireworks on the stands etc.) is just too much. I mean we are rivals, but do we have to kill each other for this bullshit? I like to annoy their fans
(my best friend happens to be BMG fan as well)
, however it is just giggles. After all we all like football, don't we?

Uzzy

Being a Man United fan living around Hull was entertaining last night. Nothing too bad really, and I feel bad for Hull, but they've only themselves to blame. Losing 1-0 to Burnley a few weeks ago was the death knell for them.

As for United, it's crazy that we started the season with Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao, and now need to get a new striker, in addition to every other spot we need to fill. CB, RB, CM and now a new forward.

Hope they appoint a new West Ham boss quickly.

Need to sort the team out big time. Nolan and Carroll can piss off.

I'm worried for West Ham, teams usually go to pot after Big Sam leaves - just look at what happened to Newcastle (as well as Bolton & Blackburn)! You guys have some good players though, so it'll be interesting to see where this all goes.

Nicktendo86

Man I wish I could find that post by Arnie at the start of the season saying LVG would be sacked by Christmas and the battleship would push on... Lol

I haven't actually posted in any of the previous threads but it's still good to see this thread back. Add me to Arsenal, please.

Is anybody else watching the Championship playoff in a few hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom