• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Fucking Hamburg being lucky again! Shoulda been a 2:0 as Karlsruhe hit the bar twice within a minute. So it's 1:1 and they're still in the game :(

Fuck Karlsruhe. I don't like Hamburg, but Karlsruhe? Even worse. Hope they don't go up.
I'm trying reverse psychology now, although one thing is true: Karlsruhe sucks.

And this is no embarrassment (first EL season):
bildschirmfoto2015-05jjuii.png

Plus it wasn't only the results, you could actually see the team playing better football. I was super happy when we finally secured that EL spot I was longing for. Yep, times have changed.

I guess you don't remember the actual games in the first two european campaigns.
I called them embarrassing because they gave quite a few matches away on a silver platter. Their lack of experience and nervousness of even their most experienced players (I remember Kehl just passing the ball right into the feet of a Marseille player in the CL season 11/12) cost them and led to this.
brPOEGZ.png

They were clearly the better team against Arsenal and Marseille, the scoresheet doesn't show it though.
Looking back, the CL season of 11/12 kinda resembles the first leg of this Bundesliga Season for them.

ooo Roma are after Dzeko, deadly on his day I could see why they would not want to sell to another Prem team I've always rated him.

I'm personally not a big fan of Dzeko though I think he is a quality player. When he is given space he is can hit a target but most teams seem to have clocked this is the case and rush him so his shots are sloppy. Plus his first touch is nearly always average and recently often bad, playing in a team that wants to play high tempo one and two touch football he is never going to excel there. After watching the City v Torronto game the other day where I thought he would have an easier time of it that doesn't seem to be the case as he was as effective as a chocolate dildo like the rest of the season, though he played some nice balls he just didn't do the striker roll well. When he is on form though he can be fantastic and I think Roma could be a good team for him if they can improve his consistency levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom