• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiggyRob

I love it when referees make decisions when they haven't actually seen what happened.

edit: dayum, looks like FSG putting in the dollaz. What happens when Liverpool end up 5th/6th again?

Bye bye Brendan. Which would actually be a shame since 5th is probably realistic for Liverpool, and signings like Ings and Bogdan aren't exactly going to get them to break 4th.

They're doing a good thing getting business wrapped up early though.

Carbonox

Rumours that Cabella wants out of Newcastle.

Oh no whatever will we do.

No really, Newcastle are doing nothing right now. Can't even hire an assistance coach cos everyone's turned us down.

Mike Ashley our new no.9.

The future is bright.

GeeTeeCee

Rumours that Cabella wants out of Newcastle.

Oh no whatever will we do.

No really, Newcastle are doing nothing right now. Can't even hire an assistance coach cos everyone's turned us down.

Mike Ashley our new no.9.

The future is bright.

It's probably telling that it took me about 10 seconds to remember exactly who Cabella is.

bjaelke

Everton ‏@Everton
CONFIRMED: A €6m deal for @gerardeulofeu has been agreed and the player will move to Goodison Park on 1 July. #EFC

Bye bye Brendan. Which would actually be a shame since 5th is probably realistic for Liverpool, and signings like Ings and Bogdan aren't exactly going to get them to break 4th.

They're doing a good thing getting business wrapped up early though.

Yeha, it's weird. The top 3 is a lock, so the highest position that's even remotely up for grabs is Arsenal's. Liverpool are quite far off Arsenal's level; unless Arsenal have a disastrous season there's just nowhere to go.

Yeha, it's weird. The top 3 is a lock, so the highest position that's even remotely up for grabs is Arsenal's. Liverpool are quite far off Arsenal's level; unless Arsenal have a disastrous season there's just nowhere to go.

Without signings, Arsenal will be finishing above Man Utd again

Without signings, Arsenal will be finishing above Man Utd again

That's the thing though, Manu are guaranteed to spend massive every window to improve their squad until they get back to their former level. I mean it might take a while, but we all know they'll never let it get bad, just like City and Chelsea.

Carbonox

Ian Cathro is McClaren's number 2. Interesting choice. Can we please proceed with buying players now? Christ, Liverpool are already on their 20th signing in 5 minutes.

LNBL

PSV & Umbro making people tweet #lightupthefuture to reveal our first kit under the Umbro partnership.

CIWHS0JUkAA4lLy.jpg:large

bjaelke

No really, Newcastle are doing nothing right now.
Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 20m20 minutes ago
Newcastle make a €17m offer for Aymen Abdennour, according to @footmercato. Player already rejected their advances, NUFC make bid anyway.

:lol

Inter making signings and Milan getting denied by every player is the worst. Why does no one want to play for Milan!?! Oh yeah..because the club is run like shit
=|
=''(

I thought Menez was supposed to be your best player?

He scored the most goals (14....9 pks ) but hardly the best player imo. That would be DeJong and Diego Lopez. Menez has skill but his attitude is crap and just walks around the pitch. I suppose that kind of also describes Balotelli haha. If they sold Menez i'd be fine with that.

He scored the most goals (14....9 pks ) but hardly the best player imo. That would be DeJong and Diego Lopez. Menez has skill but his attitude is crap and just walks around the pitch. I suppose that kind of also describes Balotelli haha. If they sold Menez i'd be fine with that.

I was livid when we made no attempt to buy Lopez last summer :p

Are there a crazy number of penalties in Serie A? That's Balotelli, Berardi and Menez with a massive percentage of their goals coming from penalties iirc

Carbonox

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 20m20 minutes ago
Newcastle make a €17m offer for Aymen Abdennour, according to @footmercato. Player already rejected their advances, NUFC make bid anyway.

:lol

Shteve will convince him Newcastle is the stepping stone of his life. S'all good.

That's the thing though, Manu are guaranteed to spend massive every window to improve their squad until they get back to their former level. I mean it might take a while, but we all know they'll never let it get bad, just like City and Chelsea.

Yeah, 5th does seem like the best bet for Liverpool right now unless Rodgers comes out swinging like in 2013-2014. He seems to do better every other season, at least I hope that's the pattern.

We need everyone signed up before pre-season though. Last season the big problem was our new players took too long to gel together due to how a lot of them got signed very late into the window and many of them got injured and often. That fantastic run of form is possible if we give these players the opportunity to get used to playing with each other early.

I'm predicting 5th and Rodgers likely getting sacked for not winning any trophies again. We will likely get to the Quarter Finals of Europa League at best. Feels bad.

Best wishes.

I was livid when we made no attempt to buy Lopez last summer :p

Are there a crazy number of penalties in Serie A? That's Balotelli, Berardi and Menez with a massive percentage of their goals coming from penalties iirc

haha he was a steal for us...saved Milan from being 15th in the table i'd say.

I correct myself..he had 16 goals with 8 being PK's. I just looked it up http://www.serieatable.com/top_scorers/

I mainly watch Milan, who did get quite a few PKs last season, so I can't really say for the whole league but from the top 5 scorers there were 98 goals with 21 from the spot.

With Hazard about?

Looks like Lpool have got Clyne, bit jealous about that one.

It will be Mourinho right back :)

Mourinho has a lot of friends in the portuguese media and we tend to know chelsea stuff way before its official. The guy who reported it said negotiations today were extremely advanced talks.

I'm pretty happy we didn't sign him. I don't rate him all that high and Southhampton players haven't done well since moving away. Feel like we may have dodged a bullet.

I think he will be good at Lpool but at the same time he's a good RB in a pool of not that great RB's currently available.

No wonder LVG fancies a punt at the "versatile" Ramos.

May have dodged a bullet, but Valencia is a ticking nuke

I've been a huge critic of Valencia since the season after he won our player of the year award. Wold've liked to see him walk years ago. He's a coward on the wing and bad in defense too. I can see us buying someone from abroad, especially since most English players these days are absolute shit.

Carbonox

Paulinho's going to China. Bet Spurs are well chuffed.

Maybe he was still hurt but Deulofeu was really unimpressive at Sevilla last year. Basically if the defender didn't bite on his fancy tricks he couldn't do anything.

Was wondering how he was doing there. He looked pretty good and fun to watch at Everton so maybe he'll continue to improve back there.

Newly promoted Bournemouth have agreed a £8mil deal for Ipswich left back Tyrone Mings.

Not entirely sure how this has happened. He had a decent season, his first and only time in the Championship. Dat English blood.

Hope he does well. He's seems like a genuinely nice lad.

Nobody cares about Bournemouth or Ipswich do they?

Lionel Messi!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom