• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Firmino! I'm happy about Bacca and Rondon rumors as well. Looks like Rodgers won't be bothering with Balotelli's recovery or Sturridge's injury pains and will be focusing on things that work.

I'm still surprised though, Sturridge, Firmino, Ings, Bacca and Rondon? That sounds very heavy... Plus Markovic, Coutinho, Ibe and Lallana... I really like Markovic and he has a lot of potential, hope he doesn't get the axe. Au revoir Sterling, hope you rot at Man City. I will definitely not miss you after last seasons nonsense you put up with the club.

Best wishes.

Yes Firmino! I'm happy about Bacca and Rondon rumors as well. Looks like Rodgers won't be bothering with Balotelli's recovery or Sturridge's injury pains and will be focusing on things that work.

I'm still surprised though, Sturridge, Firmino, Ings, Bacca and Rondon? That sounds very heavy... Plus Markovic, Coutinho, Ibe and Lallana... I really like Markovic and he has a lot of potential, hope he doesn't get the axe. Au revoir Sterling, hope you rot at Man City. I will definitely not miss you after last seasons nonsense you put up with the club.

Best wishes.

No chance we get Bacca and Rondon, would be reasonably happy with either

Not ready to give up on Sturridge, matches he plays in are bonuses now though when they should be expected. His wages are an issue though if the injuries carry on with this regularity.

Lol Liverpool have literally 4 no 10s now don't they? Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic?

Yeah, thankfully they can all play on the wing/sides of a 3 as well. Sterling's best performances have also come as a number 10.

We're going for a pincer formation

Coutinho------------------------------Lallana
-------Firmino-----------------Markovic-----
---------------Sterling---Kovacic-------------

Carbonox

Fair play to Liverpool getting their work done quickly. Firmino and Milner will definitely improve them. Interesting to see where Firmino will play though if he starts - on the wing or up front? Him and Coutinho up top would be pretty nice to see as they work well together for Brazil.

I'm keeping tabs on Newcastle though and it's fucking hilarious how they haven't woken up. Still fucking trying to get a no.2 for Steve. :lol

I hope Rodgers knows what our formation will be next year, cos none of the fans have the slightest clue. Could be 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1.

Get Clyne and Bacca in for Sterling and the deadwood, and I'll be reasonably happy for the season to start. Maybe rush through a backup DM and/or LB.

The_Poet

Banned
I really hope Lloris stays, he doesn't appear to be kicking up too much of a fuss.

Also glad Spurs are already thinking of changing the captaincy, Kaboul was never going to start and was always an odd choice for it..

Jarnet87

Never saw enough of Firmino to want him at United. If he flops great, if he is a stud he'll be plucked away by Barca or Madrid in 3 or 4 years time lol.

No chance we get Bacca and Rondon, would be reasonably happy with either

Not ready to give up on Sturridge, matches he plays in are bonuses now though when they should be expected. His wages are an issue though if the injuries carry on with this regularity.

Meant either or. It was late over here when the news broke. I'm still stunned at how many forwards we have yet we need a DM and a RB. What are we going to do with so many of them? I don't want any of them to leave either. I'm also guessing Rodgers doesn't want to depend on Sturridge anymore either, so if he can play, he will play. I hope we get Rondon over Bacca however.

This is the type of signing I was waiting for. Finally we are scoring some signings with intent rather than going for snubs from other clubs.

Best wishes.

Tbh I'm a little surprised Coutinho's stayed at Liverpool this long. He's really quite good. I guess City already have Silva, Chelsea have Fabregas, etc.

Edit: Liverpool do really need a DM instead of rolling out a progressively-more-injured-Lucas every year. And a center back. And.. yeesh, 4th looks so far away!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
All those big money Southhampton signings are gonna be lining the bench for Liverpool next season.

you have no idea how happy that makes me.

"my head is already at Liverpool"
"I want champions legaue football"
"maybe their ambitions have changed"

since then Liverpool have lost Gerrard, Suarez and Sterling (soon) and slipped from title contenders to 6th.

Rodgers is a genius.

El Topo

Stop harvesting Bundesliga Liverpool, that's our job. Good signing, although (frankly) way too expensive. Can is also getting enormous praise ofr his performance at the U21 tournament.
Bright future ahead for Liverpool.

Never saw enough of Firmino to want him at United. If he flops great, if he is a stud he'll be plucked away by Barca or Madrid in 3 or 4 years time lol.

And then 3 or 4 years later he'd be sold to United.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Tevez back to Boca

Still in his prime, but back to the club he loves. Don't know who Juve will replace him with.

Stop harvesting Bundesliga Liverpool, that's our job. Good signing, although (frankly) way too expensive. Can is also getting enormous praise ofr his performance at the U21 tournament.
Bright future ahead for Liverpool.

And then 3 or 4 years later he'd be sold to United.

Unfortunately it looks like Can is competing with 3 other players for the spot next to a DM, like what I've seen of him in that position though. Think he's too lumbering to play further up, and not good enough at dealing with players running at him to play as DM.

---------------Lucas--------------------------
-----------------------Can---------------------
------------Henderson----------------------

-------Firmino-----------Coutinho--------
----------------Sturridge---------------------

That'd be a very exciting lineup, but I Milner is almost certainly going to be in our first 11

Are you guys keeping Shaqiri next season? Seems like nothing is happening at Bayern, coming in or leaving.

El Topo

Are you guys keeping Shaqiri next season? Seems like nothing is happening at Bayern, coming in or leaving.

We sold Shaqiri in the Winter to Inter. He doesn't seem to be playing much there either. Reina has left Bayern by the way, other than that (and a new 2nd goalkeeper) not much news.

We sold Shaqiri in the Winter to Inter. He doesn't seem to be playing much there either. Reina has left Bayern by the way.

Wow, all this time I thought Shaqiri was on loan :lol

Hope Reina does well at Napoli, joining you guys in the first place has put a dent in the way I regard him though tbh. Not because its you, but because he basically chose to waste a year of his career for wages and an unearned medal. Never had him figured as that kind of guy.

Apparently we are linked to Kovacic for 21.5 million? What are the odds of that happening? I've been wanting Kovacic at Liverpool for over 2 years now. I think if we can get Kovacic, Clyne and either Rondon or Bacca, and sell Sterling and the rest of the dead wood, it would be a great summer.

Best wishes.

Jarnet87

Tevez back to Boca

Still in his prime, but back to the club he loves. Don't know who Juve will replace him with.

they bought Mandzukic and Dybala to replace Tevez and Morata. Well Tevez at least. I read it's 30 million euros Madrid would have to pay to bring Morata back this year, expensive for someone who is going to sit on the bench all year.

Feorax

Seems Milner is going to keep wearing no.7, whilst Firmino has been assigned 11.

Also looks like we've moved back to pushing for Clyne.

Salsa

CITvAhsWcAAbXi7.jpg

football

bjaelke

I see the Italian U21 team got shafted last night despite beating England 3-0. Suppose they'll have the necessary experience to join the senior squad now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man did Markovic bomb that hard at Liverpool? :( That's a shame, we loved him here (totally different leagues I know)

Man did Markovic bomb that hard at Liverpool? :( That's a shame, we loved him here (totally different leagues I know)

He was injured very often and by the time he took off in his right wing back position, Rodgers changed to a different formation again. In fact the a lot of our players got ravaged by a terrible season full of injuries.

Hope Rodgers finds a way to properly utilize him, firmino, coutinho, lallana and ibe. I have a feeling one of them will unfortunately get loaned or sold however and I think it'll be either Markovic or Ibe.

Markovic is definitely our best out and out winger. Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino prefer playing centrally and I think Markovic has more talent and potential than Ibe.

Best wishes.

I wouldn't say he bombed. He didn't have the impact I was hoping for me but as privitsan said, he was in the RWB position for most of the season. When he was further forward running at people he looked more of a threat.

And wtf at that Cavani picture.

bjaelke

Southampton have accepted Liverpool ’s improved offer of £12.5million for right-back Nathaniel Clyne.

The England international has been granted permission to discuss personal terms with the Reds and undergo a medical when he returns from his holiday in America.

Clyne is expected to put pen to paper on a five-year contract and will become Liverpool’s sixth signing of the summer following the completion of deals for James Milner, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan, Joe Gomez and Roberto Firmino.
Brendan with the business moves.

I love it when referees make decisions when they haven't actually seen what happened.

edit: dayum, looks like FSG putting in the dollaz. What happens when Liverpool end up 5th/6th again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom