• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

the hate is real

it's just the club newest song. trying to get hyped for next season

your 5 CL wins is the one being threatened by Barcelona
Real Madrid is (notice present tense) one of the top 3 teams worldwide at this very moment

/banter :p

Top 3?

Barca is number 1, they won CL
Juve is number 2, they got beat by Barca
Then I'd put Bayern in number 3 because they got kicked by the champions
This leaves RM at 4th place
Must feel so bad being under a Serie A side.

Regardless, he's probably not exactly wrong, he does have a bigger chance of winning things at Fenerbahce, even if its in a less prestigious league

Its a pointless thing to say though. He could move to Celtic in a couple of years and say the same thing, and it'd have similarly little meaning. We haven't been interested in him for about 4 years.

@Dark Rider, I've accepted the fact that we won't be adding to our CL count any time soon, so being overtaken is inevitable. We should focus on trying to get close to winning the League Cup or something first, babysteps innit :p

Tubie

Top 3?

Does that mean Atletico, PSG, Porto and Monaco are all ahead of every single English side?

Dark Rider

Top 3?

sleeping during our second leg of the season is bad indeed
what make it worse is losing to a Serie A team you are correct about that, it was hitting rock bottom and said Serie A team IS silver medal holders of the CL competition itself but I still don't see them as top 3 to be frank. I commend them for doing the best they could catching us dead (for the entire second leg of the season not just your matches) but I still see Real Madrid as top 3 team while said Serie A team is not.

I'm called Juve "Serie A team" because you're using that term for your team.
you shouldn't put your team down just to insinuate lesser status for other teams :p

@Dark Rider, I've accepted the fact that we won't be adding to our CL count any time soon, so being overtaken is inevitable. We should focus on trying to get close to winning the League Cup or something first, babysteps innit :p

Good luck with that mate
If your team play their cards right they could be a formidable opponent in CL in 3-4 seasons.

Does that mean Atletico, PSG, Porto and Monaco are all ahead of every single English side?

I rank Atletico higher than any English team at this point of time.

Rikkun

That's pretty much a fact, isn't it?

sleeping during our second leg of the season is bad indeed
what make it worse is losing to a Serie A team you are correct about that, it was hitting rock bottom and said Serie A team IS silver medal holders of the CL competition itself but I still don't see them as top 3 to be frank. I commend them for doing the best they could catching us dead (for the entire second leg of the season not just your matches) but I still see Real Madrid as top 3 team while said Serie A team is not.

I'm called Juve "Serie A team" because you're using that term for your team.
you shouldn't put your team down just to insinuate lesser status for other teams :p

No offense taken, I was pretty sure we could beat you and we did, and I was confident we could put up a fight in the final and maybe win the trophy, and we got so close to it.
I did that just because it's funny to think things while not looking at the truth, and the truth is a little different from what you said. RM is a team that without Modric lost a huge chunk of its power, and you shouldn't be beatable in that way by Juventus (Which only DREAMED of arriving to the quarters, let alone end up in second spot)

Engand's best team is easily Chelsea, and they're like the 7th best team in Europe. Its little wonder that our coefficient is being overtaken quite easily. The quality of our teams is not good at all, and we all get knocked out of the Europa League way too easily.

Barca
Madrid
Juve
Bayern
Atletico
PSG
Chelsea

btw

Dark Rider

No offense taken, I was pretty sure we could beat you and we did, and I was confident we could put up a fight in the final and maybe win the trophy, and we got so close to it.
I did that just because it's funny to think things while not looking at the truth, and the truth is a little different from what you said. RM is a team that without Modric lost a huge chunk of its power, and you shouldn't be beatable in that way by Juventus (Which only DREAMED of arriving to the quarters, let alone end up in second spot)

Modric is important indeed, however the rest of the team wasn't performing their usual football which is why although we should beat Juve (even with Modric missing) we lost 3-2 instead. If you followed every single match of Real Madrid in the last two seasons you would know our players were doing their dead performance the entire second leg of the season in all competitions and it was such a disaster. And again I commend your team for doing the best they could and earning that silver medal but RM is top 3 at the moment still in my opinion.

Engand's best team is easily Chelsea, and they're like the 7th best team in Europe. Its little wonder that our coefficient is being overtaken quite easily. The quality of our teams is not good at all, and we all get knocked out of the Europa League way too easily.

Barca
Madrid
Juve
Bayern
Atletico
PSG
Chelsea

btw

where do you put in Sevilla? :p

btw Spain are champions on both UEFA competitions two years in a row :p
let us all hope next season is the 3rd in a row :p

Cech to Arsenal? Mourinho must have begrudgingly agreed to that one.

Don't think he had any choice. Not sure we should be bending over to let Arsenal have Lollichon too though. Should have fought harder to get one of their players if there was one he really wanted, too although we like to do business quickly and that would only drag it out for 6 months probably.

I think they are waiting for Cech to move so they can confirm Falcao on the same day, they know fans won't approve.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Don't think he had any choice. Not sure we should be bending over to let Arsenal have Lollichon too though. Should have fought harder to get one of their players if there was one he really wanted, too although we like to do business quickly and that would only drag it out for 6 months probably.

I think they are waiting for Cech to move so they can confirm Falcao on the same day, they know fans won't approve.
Well its apparently cost us £11m, which is more than fair tbh

Yeah that's not a good idea if you ask me Arsenal only need a couple more components to be regarded as strong title contenders in my eyes.

I still don't think they will be strong contenders. We have by far the best squad and manager in the league, we won the title with 3/4 games to spare and will be replacing 38~ year old drogba will falcao. I'm sure we have other business to do.

Arsenal are a team that excel when there are no expectations and whenever there is they bottle it. See the champions league as a more recent example.

Arsenal have been generally poor with their transfers in recent years except for Sanchez I expect city and united to be spending aggressively has getting up to standard although I'm not really sure sterling is what city need.

Competition will be massive, I doubt arsenal have the stomach for it, I'm not sure the last time they proved they did have it, must be a decade ago probably.

Arsenal will continue to be at the level they've been at for the last ~7-8 years or so

Chelsea will walk it again, everyone will get excited if it gets even remotely close to enhance the illusion there's actual competition in the current pl

jtb

Banned
We're coming up on the three year mark with Mourinho at Chelsea, which seems to be his (and, to be fair, most managers') expiration date at his previous stops. will be interesting to see if he can avoid the burnout this time around.

Stulaw

So West Ham have FC Lusitans in Andorra for their first game in the Europa League Qualifiers, they've lost every first qualifying round they've been in although the last 2 were the champions league qualifiers.

Jarnet87

Shocked De Gea wasn't tied in to that Ramos rumour!

he has in some media outlets. we've gone from wanting Bale, Carvahal, Coentrao, Casillas, and now Ramos as part of a swap deal. We need July to start already so at least the window is open.

Ramos and Schweinsteiger rumors are just agent leaks trying to get better deals. Pepern would have already phased Schweiny out if he wasn't in the plans.

Lets face it United fans, it will be another head scratching summer of transfers where we sign an abundance of attacking talent and no proper defenders or midfielders. it's the Fergie way.

Partick Thistle's new mascot :lol :lol

kingsley_3349680b.jpg

bjaelke

AM replacing Mandzukic with Jackson Martinez
Confirmed according to the daily fail

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 14m14 minutes ago
To clarify, Cech move to Arsenal not yet 100% done, but heading in that direction
Shocked De Gea wasn't tied in to that Ramos rumour!

Jason Burt ‏@JBurtTelegraph 46s47 seconds ago
Man Utd's interest in Sergio Ramos is directly linked to David De Gea. Utd want a straight swap deal. No cash. Seems long shot but possible

Tubie

The problem with Ramos is that he always plays on the edge and sometimes pushes forward way too much, leaving a midfielder behind to cover his ass.

I would be very sad to see him go tho, but the rumors might be true I think.

Florentino is not a fan of Ramos/Casillas or even Ronaldo.

valeo

Cech signing is interesting for us. Certainly he's one of the most likable Chelsea stalwarts, and it's nice to have a player that they want to keep coming to us for the first time in a while (since Gallas?) - am interested to see who goes out of Sneezy and Ospina. Sneezy is a fan favourite, but I think Ospina is a better keeper right now.

Cech signing is interesting for us. Certainly he's one of the most likable Chelsea stalwarts, and it's nice to have a player that they want to keep coming to us for the first time in a while (since Gallas?) - am interested to see who goes out of Sneezy and Ospina. Sneezy is a fan favourite, but I think Ospina is a better keeper right now.

Papers were saying today Ospina is the one going. Would be hilarious if true, Chesney is garbage

valeo

Papers were saying today Ospina is the one going. Would be hilarious if true, Chesney is garbage

Sneezy is not garbage. He isn't as good as Cech/Courtois but he's still a good keeper. Have to remember he's only 24; plus, he counts as a homegrown player and Ospina does not.

Sneezy is not garbage. He isn't as good as Cech/Courtois but he's still a good keeper. Have to remember he's only 24; plus, he counts as a homegrown player and Ospina does not.

You've got plenty of homegrown players, I think? He's a mile away from Cech/Courtois and he's got a terrible attitude.

valeo

You've got plenty of homegrown players, I think? He's a mile away from Cech/Courtois and he's got a terrible attitude.

And that's why he'll be on our bench?

How many bench keepers in the league can you name better than him? He's just as good if not better than , say, Mignolet.

Not sure how smoking a couple of times = terrible attitude either. Stop reading the Daily Mail. If he had a terrible attitude he would've sulked away when Ospina got the call up.

Farking hate how it seems like players are either 'world class' or 'garbage'. There are many levels in-between, and the teams that win the league often have quite a few players the majority don't seem to rate.

And that's why he'll be on our bench?

How many bench keepers in the league can you name better than him? He's just as good if not better than , say, Mignolet.

Not sure how smoking a couple of times = terrible attitude either. Stop reading the Daily Mail. If he had a terrible attitude he would've sulked away when Ospina got the call up.

Farking hate how it seems like players are either 'world class' or 'garbage'. There are many levels in-between, and the teams that win the league often have quite a few players the majority don't seem to rate.

Generally, he seems he has a bad attitude. He doesn't seem like someone who wants to sit on the bench, theres a big middle ground between world class and garbage, Ospina fits that gap quite well, as do many goalkeepers in world football, I don't personally think he is one of them.

It took far too long to realise he wasn't number 1 standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom