• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleverley is finished!

iotbuaaQ7PYtl.gif

This does not deserve to be the last post. Fuck this.

Just watched RotPotA

Pretty good, undershelming ending though

At this stage, it's forest of the apes rather than planet. Virus' effect on humans hasn't really gone anywhere either, guessing that becomes a proper plotline in the sequel

I don't know if it's reassuring or disappointing that there are always a ton of people wearing United jerseys at these games. There's an obvious quality difference, but MLS fans are quick to get starstruck and embrace the competition.

The worst is when our national side plays Mexico in Chicago and it's basically a home game for the visitors.

Are they not televising this game in England? It's on Fox Sports 1 here, in HD, only 2115 hours...and there are still probably twice as many folks streaming this across the pond at the crack of dawn.

The thirst for football in the US is...nonexistent. Everyone's already discussing hand egg.

Nice finish there from Welbeck.

Jarnet87

the fake smile on Roo's face. He is finished. Hail your new overlord Wellbutt.

that goal from Welbz was a midfielders goal. strong shot outside the box. More reason why he needs to be converted to a box to box midfielder. Better outside the box than in.

Is United expected to contend this year in the BPL or Champions League? Legit question.

Didn't qualify for Champions League. As far as the PL, the consensus is that United need another midfielder to partner up with Herrera and another defender for depth. The only hope United have is that LVG might pull something out of his ass, which he is capable of.

inky

Didn't realize. How about domestically? Are they in a rebuilding stage or in contention?

They are in rebuilding stage technically, but a club this big can't allow for the period to be too long. They are expected to finish top 4 this season, and start challenging for the title immediately after that.

Oh, you know what you're doing here...

Not really! I'm fairly clueless about European leagues in general but looking to learn.

Meanwhile, I could talk for pages about El Superclasico to the interest of absolutely no one. :)

BNasty UFC elbow from Rooney there...it's a friendly, brother.

ATF487

That Liverpool friendly was awful, annoyed I paid 50 dollars a ticket for that. The best part of the game was the booing whenever Cole had the ball.

Liverpool section was filled with mostly locals too, I feel like last time there were more scousers.

rebuilding

Champions League spot i reckon. If we brought in some big name transfers some United fans may think we could make a title challenge.

They are in rebuilding stage technically, but a club this big can't allow for the period to be too long. They are expected to finish top 4 this season, and start challenging the title immediately after that.

Thanks, gents. Rebuilding but a strong legacy of winning and large expectations. I'd hate to be in the managers seat under that pressure.

My team was relegated for the first time in their 100+ year history, only to bounce back and win the top league championship two years later. I would guess plenty of talent still wants to play at United and help them return to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom