• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Bu2eYS2CEAASeDv.jpg:large

He looks so happy.

Salvadora

Maybe he has been deemed not good enough in the one year he was training with the club and Mou, not to mention reserve and friendlies... Crazy innit.
He did well in his sole appearance away from home against the most free flowing attack in the country.

You say part of it was due to being "massively protected," which is of course true, but that also applies to the other Chelsea CBs who have been give a similar amount of protection under Mourinho at times.

I'm not saying he should become first choice, or third, but some minutes on the pitch before final judgement wouldn't go amiss. Consistency isn't something that comes to most young players, so it would be strange to expect the finished article.

He did well in his sole appearance away from home against the most free flowing attack in the country.

You say part of it was due to being "massively protected," which if of course true, but that also applies to the other Chelsea CBs who have been give a similar amount of protection under Mourinho at times.

I'm not saying he should become first choice, or third, but some minutes on the pitch before final judgement wouldn't go amiss.

Didn't try to take anything away from him, he did as well as he could really in that match, but I trust the opinion of people who see him every day and has seen many many matches of him far more, than my own opinion from one match. But I don't think he should stay and only get a few minutes here and there for another season, he's 21 and needs to start playing, a one season loan to get him some good experience is good for both parties.

Fintan

You say part of it was due to being "massively protected," which if of course true, but that also applies to the other Chelsea CBs who have been give a similar amount of protection under Mourinho at times.

I'm not saying he should become first choice, or third, but some minutes on the pitch before final judgement wouldn't go amiss.
I only mentioned keeping Kalas around because loaning him out and keeping Zouma (which looks like happening at the moment?) seems the opposite of what should have been done.

Meier

Doyen own 75% of Rojo's rights. Jokes.

I'd bet my left ball they'll parlay this into more rights of other players at Sporting like they did with the Mangala sale. Rojo's release clause is so low relatively speaking, that there's more money to be made elsewhere by playing the long game.

K1LLER7

I'd bet my left ball they'll parlay this into more rights of other players at Sporting like they did with the Mangala sale. Rojo's release clause is so low relatively speaking, that there's more money to be made elsewhere by playing the long game.
Surprised he put a transfer request in. Not really seen him play as a CB or in a back 3, just as a LB where he looks good.

Time to check his youtube videos.

GQman2121

Banned
Twitch stream via PS4 browser just cleaned up and looks for the conference. Bloodborne definitely does look like a proper current gen title.

Meier

We don't want to pay more than 10m euros for Garcia. Good. Not like City will get a better offer.
English press keep saying €15+1 (£12+.8). I guess we'll see.

City sent out an email today with a "buy your hero shirt" with the new signings featured. Zuculini's shirt was in the email and Gus Poyet apparently indicated that the loan wasn't happening. I think we might keep him with the first team. Played well enough to stick around it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom