• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
@MesutOzil1088: congrats to #RealMadrid! an uncontested victory! #uefa_supercup

Ok Mesut, maybe I won't abuse you this season <3

I'd say the shadow disappeared of it's own accord more than anything tbh

Cute, but Mou team winning La Liga 2012 and forcing Pep to run away was pretty much the beginning of their decline.

pulga

Banned
Happy to see us win against Sevilla Arse-GAF. Hoping for a very promising season with our new signings.

TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png
TqCdIh2.png

@MesutOzil1088: congrats to #RealMadrid! an uncontested victory! #uefa_supercup

Ok Mesut, maybe I won't abuse you this season <3

Cute, but Mou team winning La Liga 2012 and forcing Pep to run away was pretty much the beginning of their decline.

I'd say their decline was in evidence at the beginning of that season, and Messi was almost literally propping the entire team up, while Pep continued fucking about in his search for perfection, and getting further and further away from what had made them so good in the first place

Arnie

Conveniently hell come back when our pie shop stops being renovated.

I know im a negative nancy, I am a very pessimistic person, but I cant be asked to buy into the current United crop after last year, the same problems are rearing their head again and pre-season is over. There have been some really good sporadic spells in games, but this is serious business now and when I look over and see the teams ahead of us last year and us now, its a little depressing.
To be honest watching yous tonight it didn't feel too dissimilar to Moyes United.

Just struggled to create anything. And I don't rate almost all of your defenders.

So much work to be done in the transfer market.
Which they'll play at CB. Btw Arnie, you were reading a Pep bio from Balague, right? Is it any good? Was tempted to order it today but wanted to know if footy-GAF had any impressions of it. Ended up buying 3 Ha-Joon Chang books.
Has Rojo played as a central defender? I agree that they need one, but I didn't think he was one.

And yes, reading Pep by Ballague. It's quite good and a great insight into the man but Ballague is a fucking con-artist. He basically amalgamates the inside knowledge from everyone else, and there are bits that you know he's fabricated.

Still an interesting read.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
To be honest watching yous tonight it didn't feel too dissimilar to Moyes United.

Just struggled to create anything. And I don't rate almost all of your defenders.

Has Rojo played as a central defender? I agree that they need one, but I didn't think he was one.

And yes, reading Pep by Ballague. It's quite good and a great insight into the man but Ballague is a fucking con-artist. He basically amalgamates the inside knowledge from everyone else, and there are bits that you know he's fabricated.

It is unfathomable to me at this point why no-one else has been bought in.

Yen

Played in a back three at the WC didn't he?

I remember in his 05 CL book, I got the impression he was Rafa's bestie.

Salvadora

Think it's a case of chasing unrealistic (or unavailable) targets and Woodward's inexperience/ineptitude in the transfer market.

Couple that with LvG taking time to assess the squad and, well, here we are.

Arsenal's transfer window has been shockingly good in terms of doing business and doing it quickly.

Arnie

Probably getting quite a few rejections behind the scenes.

It's no surprise that we've had such a wonderful transfer window with the addition of Champions League football. Compare it to the various failed bids last year.

For the past 3 seasons at Sporting.

Played in a back three at the WC didn't he?

Apologies all, thought he was a left back.

Sensible bid, then.

As I said above, don't rate any of United's current crop. They need quality and they needed it yesterday.

Confirmed:Schweinsteiger did not travel with team to Dortmund. He will not play in the DFL Super Cup.

Yet to be confirmed: Robben also did not travel with the team.

Abraxas

My dad (bug united fan) is always asking if 1)fellani is gone 2) any new defenders every day. United need a couple of cahill style signings, not pretty, but that can get the job done. Rojo is good business if they get it done.

Think it's a case of chasing unrealistic (or unavailable) targets and Woodward's inexperience/ineptitude in the transfer market.

Couple that with LvG taking time to assess the squad and, well, here we are.

Arsenal's transfer window has been shockingly good in terms of doing business and doing it quickly.

I think it's because Glazers or woodward don't care about winning trophies.

Clegg

Despite Woodward's protestations, United aren't the biggest club in the world and some players have passed us over for other clubs.

Another problem is logistics. We just didn't have our manager in long enough to make decisions on players. He needed time to make his mind up on who he wants get rid of. So now we're trying to get stuff done near the end of the window.

And Woodward is a ponce.

Yen

Apologies all, thought he was a left back.

Sensible bid, then.

As I said above, don't rate any of United's current crop. They need quality and they needed it yesterday.

He's very quick and he has decent technique (a rabona in his own box in the WC) but he doesn't strike me as the solution to United's problems. He's not a Hummels or a Lovren.

K1LLER7

Looks like we'll be starting the season with a midfield of Herrera and Fletcher.

Thank fuck we have an easy start.

Get any players in now and they still miss the 1st game of the season.

K1LLER7

He's very quick and he has decent technique (a rabona in his own box in the WC) but he doesn't strike me as the solution to United's problems. He's not a Hummels or a Lovren.
Think it'll be:

Jones - Smalling - Rojo

Can see Evans slotting in anywhere in the back 3 when fit and he's better on the ball than Jones and Smalling. However we still need a Vidic like defender. Garay would've been perfect :*(

sohois

Liverpool Echo reporting that the Moreno fee is £12m rising to £15m with addons. Which apparently was exactly what Liverpool offered when they first went in for him in May.

Arnie

Fucking hell Evans and Shaw out for the opener. That's all depth blown out of the water.

Moreno getting hugs from players and applause from fans after the match. Looks in bits. Tears everywhere.

Tears of joy at joining the battleship.

Addendum from press conference earlier:

Pep has not spoken with the board about Reus. He feels we have too many forwards as is and he's happy with the players we've got.

Pep pls.

K1LLER7

Fucking hell Evans and Shaw out for the opener. That's all depth blown out of the water.

Moreno getting hugs from players and applause from fans after the match. Looks in bits. Tears everywhere.

Tears of joy at joining the battleship.
Fellaini at CB. Problem solved :(

Congrats on the signing L'Pool Gaf. Defence looks solid on paper.

Sporting´s president confirmed that Rojo and Slimani are trying to force their way out but unless something changes in the next few weeks (most likely higher bids), they both will have to stay until the end of their contract. They also have both been ruled out of the first match of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom