• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Sporting's president is going ballistic over Rojo not showing up for training. He's busted him down to the youth team. Looks like no way back for him now.

omgkitty

Most Arsenal fans don't even want Arteta in our team. Rooney still a good player. Arteta, what 33 now? In last year of contract? Yeah great long term thinking Arsene.

He was the next in line and if he's not starting every game, he won't make a big fuss about it. He's probably leaving next season and he's still a leader, so what?

K1LLER7

Sporting' president is going ballistic over Rojo not showing up for training. He's busted him down to the youth team. Looks like no way back for him now.
"He's not going to be training with the B, C or D team".

Doubt he'll ever put on a Sporting shirt again.

Just got back, was a fun game.

HNSnVQx.jpg

Got video clips, but nowhere to upload them...

pulga

Banned
Ahh, here's the one I was waiting for!

Bu3uBwaIMAAyWgE.jpg

Since you premface'd lot didn't bother with the game, let me tell you, Kroos looked like he's been playing for Madrid since 5 seasons ago. Unreal. Thanks, Bayern!

Salvadora

Rooney being made captain is the wrong decision.

He's made a fool of the club (and himself) on multiple occasions and is not a leader.

Elchele

Bu3uBwaIMAAyWgE.jpg

Since you premface'd lot didn't bother with the game, let me tell you, Kroos looked like he's been playing for Madrid since 5 seasons ago. Unreal. Thanks, Bayern!

sounds like you never watched Kroos before. Enjoy him.

I'm happy without him at Bayern. Now I need Rafinha and Pep to leave.

LegoArmo

Rooney is the obvious and correct choice as captain. Seems like he's a scape-goat figure of hate for all of English football and a lot of United fans.

Still one of the best players for both teams.

pulga

Banned
sounds like you never watched Kroos before. Enjoy him.

I'm happy without him at Bayern. Now I need Rafinha and Pep to leave.

what did I say that made it sound like that? All I said was he looked very comfortable with Madrid; most players (like James) don't look too good in their first match with a new team. Kroos was just commanding.

Elchele

what did I say that made it sound like that? All I said was he looked very comfortable with Madrid, most players (like James) don't look too good in their first match with a new team. Kroos was just commanding.

Kroos played like he always does. that's all

Salvadora

I don't like nor agree with the decision. Should have been Mertesacker.
He speaks something like 5/6 languages, is tactically intelligent, very mature on and off the pitch, and is a leader. He's been with us through some very dark periods and this is probably his last season with the club.

Mertesacker will get his chance next season when Arteta leaves.

Rooney is the obvious and correct choice as captain. Seems like he's a scape-goat figure of hate for all of English football and a lot of United fans.

Still one of the best players for both teams.

Is a player that seems to ask to leave, about once every season, really the correct choice as a captain for a team?

Tubie

Is it just me or did Isco look way better than James?

Modric and Kroos together looked delicious, this lets us rest Xabi a lot more. Also means Arsenal should make a final push for Big Sami, I doubt he will get many minutes if any at all.

LegoArmo

Is a player that seems to ask to leave, about once every season, really the correct choice as a captain for a team?

Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand and Giggs all left in a single summer, so yes.

Rooney has been misguided by his representation, and they got what they wanted. I've never once thought he wasn't trying even in his worst performances. He's in good shape, his form was good last season and he'll almost certainly start every game he's fit for.

The "one club player" doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Arnie

Bu3uBwaIMAAyWgE.jpg

:lol

Quite a lot of premfaces bothered with the game because it was on Freeview telly. Even my mum was fucking watching it.

And it's also hilarious how you're just repeating verbatim that Real Madrid account you retweeted. I thought he was good, not surprised you did either, but "looks like he's been playing for Madrid for five years" is such an odd opinion to have after one game.

K1LLER7

Louis van Gaal said: "For me it's always very important the choice of captain. Wayne has shown a great attitude towards everything he does. I have been very impressed by his professionalism and his attitude to training and to my philosophy. He is a great inspiration to the younger members of the team and I believe he will put his heart and soul into his captaincy role."

Darren Fletcher will become the vice-captain. Darren is a natural leader and will captain the team when Wayne isn't playing. Darren is a very experienced player and a very popular member of the dressing room, I know he will work well alongside Wayne."

Wayne Rooney said: "It is a huge honour for me – and for my family – to be named captain of this great club. It is a role I will perform with great pride. Team spirit has always been very high in our dressing room and I am very grateful to the manager for the faith he has shown in me. I look forward to leading the team out on Saturday at our first match of the new season."

Darren Fletcher said: "I am delighted to have been named as vice-captain. It's a very proud moment for me and my family. Wayne and I have always worked well together and we will continue to work closely together in our new roles. I would like to thank the manager for putting his trust in me."

Clegg

Delighted for Fletcher. Great example for any player who has been hit hard by injury or illness. He's done his level best to get himself back to playing at a decent level. Deserves the vice captaincy.

LegoArmo

And as if van Persie would somehow be a better choice. He was made Arsenal club captain at one point, you know.

The only other logical captains are the very young keeper or centre backs at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom