• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Last night I asserted United with their current squad would be lucky to finish above Tottenham, and this preseason match did nothing to change that belief. Really need to get defensive reinforcements to have a hope. Was surprised that Shaw didn't seem to offer much in that regard, though he was perhaps playing too aggressively.

As for Liverpool, generally controlled possession easily but fullbacks might as well have not been on the pitch. Surprised Brendan didn't make more changes like Suso, Coates and Robinson.Not especially concerned about Lambert since his link up play was still good. Neither Henderson or Allen or Can got forward enough to which should have been regular against such a formation.

Last night I asserted United with their current squad would be lucky to finish above Tottenham, and this preseason match did nothing to change that belief. Really need to get defensive reinforcements to have a hope. Was surprised that Shaw didn't seem to offer much in that regard, though he was perhaps playing too aggressively.

As for Liverpool, generally controlled possession easily but fullbacks might as well have not been on the pitch. Surprised Brendan didn't make more changes like Suso, Coates and Robinson.Not especially concerned about Lambert since his link up play was still good. Neither Henderson or Allen or Can got forward enough to which should have been regular against such a formation.

You're going to be wrong.

Accept it.

Live with regret.

racJ813.jpg

lol

K1LLER7

Both United and Liverpool struggled when they were pressed high.

Wonder if Blackett will get a start in the PL. Has looked v.Good this pre-season.

You lost 3-1 and only had 46% possession, but ok.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder how this will impact our transffer business, surely LvG can now see the flaws

Jarnet87

Both United and Liverpool struggled when they were pressed high.

Wonder if Blackett will get a start in the PL. Has looked v.Good this pre-season.

Given our injury history over the past few years, we'll be lining up with Keane Carrick and Blackett for a couple games as our back 3 if Lewis doesn't make some signings.

LegoArmo

Ashley Young will get the most assists in the Premier League next year, while simultaneously helping United keep the most clean sheets. God-like wing back!

K1LLER7

Ashley Young will get the most assists in the Premier League next year, while simultaneously helping United keep the most clean sheets. God-like wing back!
Still waiting to see how he does in PL.

It's going to be tough for LVG to find a place in the team for Januzaj and Kagawa. Januzaj won't contribute as much defensively in the wing-back role and I can't see either of them getting ahead of Mata.

LegoArmo

Still waiting to see how he does in PL.

It's going to be tough for LVG to find a place in the team for Januzaj and Kagawa. Januzaj won't contribute as much defensively in the wing-back role and I can't see either of them getting ahead of Mata.

They could maybe play as the second striker, but yeah, it'll mostly be rotation for them.

Meier

My friend who subscribed to HBO has apparently canceled his subscription. It's like I've lost a member of the family.

K1LLER7

They could maybe play as the second striker, but yeah, it'll mostly be rotation for them.
Yeah :(

Still need a ball playing CB and a CDM. However, overall I'm happy (at the moment) as the team is playing better football and we've seen some good goals in the past few games. Less emphasis on just getting it wide and crossing. Also, the new formation looks to be working with most of the players, Rooney and Young standing out, Herrera looks good, still needs some time but i'm looking forward to seeing the 352 used in the PL.

tri_willy

grats unitedGAF, you beat us good

game confirms we definitely need those full backs plus another striker. brentan pls

from the comments over the game, johnson needs to be shelved. permanently. would it be bad to field reina in some games?

Mastadon

Banned
Just caught up with the highlights. I thought we were really good in the first half, especially Sterling and Couts. Good comeback from United though.

I hope Manquillo is first team standard. Fuck Johnson 🐢🐌

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I went to the game, it was a lot of fun. Upper bowl was empty but the lower bowl was packed. United fans reminded me why last season was so enjoyable, arrogant as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom