• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it crazy so many of you are putting Chelsea above City. City's squad is ridiculous and are absolutely the favourites for the league.

City have two great players in each position

Chelsea have the best keeper, best defense, best DM, potentially best CM and potentially one of the best CFs in the league

bud23

Spanish Super Cup- Real Madrid
UEFA Super Cup- Real Madrid
FIFA Club World Cup- Real Madrid
Copa del Rey- Real Madrid
La Liga- Real Madrid
Champions- Real Madrid

Europa League- Liverpool
Premier- Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal
Serie A- Juve
Ligue 1- lol
Bundesliga- lol
Eredivisie- Ajax
Portugal- Porto

Quincy Promes from Twente to Spartak Moscow. Good player, what a waste though.

Lol, I never understand Spartak. They have a 30 man squad, aren't even playing in Europe and are buying more players. Hopefully they'll loan out their best players again this season. Yakin pls.

TeddyBoy

Finished watching the United - Liverpool game. We looked decent and controlled the first half well, we really need a striker though since Lambert can't play this often and doesn't suit our fast and direct style of play very much.

Johnson, Kelly and Allen had disappointing games. After today Johnson and Kelly will both be sold since they just aren't good enough anymore, I'm expecting Allen to get this season to prove his worth, otherwise he'll probably face the chop next summer.

Rodgers seemed to take my advice on playing Sterling as a false number nine for a short spell. It didn't really work going forward but we looked stronger at the back and curbed their momentum.

Considering our starting line up I'm not too surprised we lost, half our team is injured/unavailable before the season has even begun :(

My thoughts after United's pre season combined now:

Players look more confident on the ball and seem to have the hunger back that was lost under Moyes.
Team seems to be adapting well to LVG after the reports of them being unhappy with Moyes's methods.
352 is great for our attackers playing in their preferred positions.
Mata, Rooney, Young, Herrera, Shaw, De Gea, Kagawa have shined the brightest from what I presume are the first team players.
Blackett, Lingard have impressed the most from the young crop. But even Recce James, Keane have had decent performances. If LVG can nurture these talents, we have a decent crop of youngsters coming up.
Back 3 have looked good for the most part, except against Liverpool. They are not confident on the ball when opposition team is pressing high.
Herrera needs a better partner in midfield. He seems to be playing a lot deeper and probably makes more tackles than our actual CM. We need someone else to stay in front of the CBs while Herrera links up with Mata.
We need new CBs. 2 At least. Apart from the current crop not cutting it on the ball, if they get injured we are screwed even more.
I really want to see more of Rafael in the Wing-back position

Need to sell:
Nani
Fellani
Hernandez (he just doesn't look happy, I love him and another team where he starts he will do good).

Some thieving little cuntfuck at work opened my bottle of Mountain Dew in the fridge, drank a quarter of it, and put it back while I was working :s

Probably the same person who stole my Irn Bru

#becomingCola

Linius

It's a tradeoff, he's going to a worse team but a better league.

Let's not pretend you go to Moscow for fun. If he excelled at Twente for another season he could have picked a club in a good league instead. Maybe he's just scared he's not good enough and goes for the money right away. It's an odd move.

Carbonox

Some thieving little cuntfuck at work opened my bottle of Mountain Dew in the fridge, drank a quarter of it, and put it back while I was working :s

Probably the same person who stole my Irn Bru

#becomingCola

Buy a bottle of Irn Bru, finish it off, go to the toilet, piss in it, put it back in the fridge, play the waiting game.

Let's not pretend you go to Moscow for fun. If he excelled at Twente for another season he could have picked a club in a good league instead. Maybe he's just scared he's not good enough and goes for the money right away. It's an odd move.

Moscow is pretty fun. Just ask Demy de Zeeuw. He couldn't get enough of the night life there.

Linius

Moscow is pretty fun. Just ask Demy de Zeeuw. He couldn't get enough of the night life there.

He went clubbing a lot? :p

But yeah, no disrespect to Moscow as a city. I'd love to visit. But for a football player it makes no sense to go to basically the Twente in Russia. Looking at their league results they make top three quite some times but never win, in recent years that is. A move to CSKA or Zenit would have made more sense.

Really want Khedira in, if only to do a 2 footed challenge on both Fabregas and RVP.

Seeing Khedira's injury problems have me worried. i read he has missed 56 games over the last four years. I don't mind paying the 20-25 million for him, but the 150k wages are the real worry.

I find it crazy so many of you are putting Chelsea above City. City's squad is ridiculous and are absolutely the favourites for the league.

I always feel that the defending champs are the favourites until beaten, but Chelsea seem ridiculous to me. The one glaring weakness in their squad has been addressed with Costa, and they have added Fabregas who is one of the top 5 creators of the last 10 years.

I think this Chelsea side could be unstoppable, and with Mourinho's tactics they could even go undefeated.
So with my track record this means they will be finished 6th.

Hey guys, remember how cool the tanker level in MGS2 is?

Greatest gaming experience of my life. Absolutely perfect gameplay for me, and the attention to detail was way beyond anything else around at that time IMO.

He went clubbing a lot? :p

But yeah, no disrespect to Moscow as a city. I'd love to visit. But for a football player it makes no sense to go to basically the Twente in Russia. Looking at their league results they make top three quite some times but never win, in recent years that is. A move to CSKA or Zenit would have made more sense.

He frequented gay bars quite regularly from what I hear.

I love the rest of your post btw. Fuck Spartak. But....they could easily win the title this year. Although I say that basically every year lol. Their implosion last year after the winter break was amazing to say the least.

L1NETT

You bought Cesc Fabregas and Diego Costa

Don't forget that

If I had to go for a top 4 at this stage, should probably wait until the window closes but probably would go for;

Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal
United

Linius

I love the rest of your post btw. Fuck Spartak. But....they could easily win the title this year. Although I say that basically every year lol. Their implosion last year after the winter break was amazing to say the least.

I remember when Ajax didn't win the title for seven years we started almost every season as favourites for the title. We had a good squad and well we had to win it some time. Apparently this has been going on for Spartak for almost 13 years now? :p

Greatest gaming experience of my life. Absolutely perfect gameplay for me, and the attention to detail was way beyond anything else around at that time IMO.

It's a weird one

Big Shell is cool
Raiden-switch is ballsy
The game in general is great

But the tanker level is GOAT-material. If it had sustained that quality throughout it'd have been incredible

Got a bad feeling the storyline will weigh TTP down from being as good as it can be

sohois

"You are poor and we are good, and you beating us 3-1 has reinforced that fact".

Sohois is jokes.

Oh? I don't think I made any such statement. I didn't say anything about Liverpool being good, merely that United were not. There were a great deal of problems one could pick out from the Liverpool performance, and in any case I would be disinclined to ever call a losing performance 'good'.

Nor did I imply reinforcing of any kind of belief. The match failed to shift my perceptions up or down, unsurprising given that you can never really draw much from preseason.

I remember when Ajax didn't win the title for seven years we started almost every season as favourites for the title. We had a good squad and well we had to win it some time. Apparently this has been going on for Spartak for almost 13 years now? :p

Basically. They like to finish second...a lot. They haven't won a trophy in 11 years now. In the meantime 10 different footballers that left Spartak last season alone won a trophy.

It's a weird one

Big Shell is cool
Raiden-switch is ballsy
The game in general is great

But the tanker level is GOAT-material. If it had sustained that quality throughout it'd have been incredible

Got a bad feeling the storyline will weigh TTP down from being as good as it can be

I agree with you. I just hope we see a young Solid Snake joining up with Big Boss at the end and I will over the moon.

Carbonox

My piss isn't orange tho

Make sure you go without water for a while prior to doing it so your pee pee can go a nice bronzey colour. The idiot can't even tell if a drink in the fridge belongs to him or not and drinks it anyway so he's too much of an idiot to register the colouration of the liquid inside the bottle then. Who the fuck inspects the colouration of the drink they're drinking prior to drinking? Don't be a pussy.

Linius

Basically. They like to finish second...a lot. They haven't won a trophy in 11 years now. In the meantime 10 different footballers that left Spartak last season alone won a trophy.

It's the Arsenal story really. This season they'll win the Russian cup.

3Sixty

Gay Bars in Russia?

Brave,

Razor554

Xavi announced that he retires from international football. Should have retired already after Euro 2012, i mean whats the point if you are 32+ and have already won everything? Casillas should retire too asap before he is actually kicked out of the nt.

LAM09

Can't wait for the start of the Prem season now. Us being favourites sounds about right, but we were favourites last year aswell. I am hoping our missing piece (Costa), can do the business.

Carbonox

Resident Evil HD Remaster announced.
ibps46JEw9RBhI.png

Linius

Wait what? They're starting to remaster remakes now? God damn it, and we gamers pay up for that bullshit. We create this.

Carbonox

Wait what? They're starting to remaster remakes now? God damn it, and we gamers pay up for that bullshit. We create this.

I'm personally glad we're getting this as I do not have a Gamecube anymore or a Wii to play it. It's one of the best survival horror titles around and it finally coming to PlayStation and Xbox consoles when it's been Nintendo exclusive for 12 years is great news.

Given this is Capcom I expect a PS4/Xbone version of RE4 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom