• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

So how did we play?

Also it's frustrating that we have picked so many injuries this pre-season:

Lallana, Markovic, Sterling, Agger, Flanagan, Enrique...

Lightning

Banned
top 7 is going to very tight this season, not a lot separating the sides
I agree with top 5 will be tough but I still feel that both Spurs and Everton lack that quality and class required to challenge the others. The more I look at it the more Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and City look too much for Spurs and Everton.

Spurs and Everton will be tough games, they might beat any of the top 5 in a match, but over the course of the season they cannot finish above the big 5 imo.

DBT85

My prediction remains the same.

Chelsea and City to fight for the title.
Arsenal and United fight for 3rd.

Zabojnik

Apparently we've agreed terms with Nastasic and are in talks with City. Also, Lavezzi. Marry did say we'll go after a CB and a striker to complete the squad ... I'd be perfectly okay with Nastasic and Ezequiel.

My friend who subscribed to HBO has apparently canceled his subscription. It's like I've lost a member of the family.

He/she'll be back in April.

jtb

Banned
I agree with top 5 will be tough but I still feel that both Spurs and Everton lack that quality and class required to challenge the others. The more I look at it the more Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and City look too much for Spurs and Everton.

Spurs and Everton will be tough games, they might beat any of the top 5 in a match, but over the course of the season they cannot finish above the big 5 imo.

I think 3 tiers of the top 7

City, Chelsea
United, Liverpool, Arsenal
Everton, Spurs

I think Everton are the type of team that play better than the sum of their parts because of stability, good managing, and not a lot of rotation. getting Lukaku is huge for them, I think, but having to play in the Europa League could seriously derail their season.

I don't know what to expect from Spurs. I think they'll finish 6th or so, but in theory they should have played a lot better than they did last season. but if Soldado is still shit, it's going to be a long season

Lightning

Banned
I think 3 tiers of the top 7

City, Chelsea
United, Liverpool, Arsenal
Everton, Spurs

I think Everton are the type of team that play better than the sum of their parts because of stability, good managing, and not a lot of rotation. getting Lukaku is huge for them, I think, but having to play in the Europa League could seriously derail their season.

I don't know what to expect from Spurs. I think they'll finish 6th or so, but in theory they should have played a lot better than they did last season. but if Soldado is still shit, it's going to be a long season
Everton gonna struggle still, imo. They don't have a large squad, their backups are significant downgrades from their starters. Everton have a very good starting 11, questionable bench strength, even more questionable after that. Europa will be a killer for them, much like it killed an unsuspecting Swansea last season. Lots of responsibility on Barkley, Lukaku and Mirrilias (sp). Defensively they will be strong unless they get too many injuries.

Spurs still have issues. Their attackers are all average imo. Adebayor key player, Eriksen is class but inconsistent class so Lamela needs to prove his value and perform. He's more vital to them than Soldado imo. Kane is a good player, he'll get some goals but Lamela needs to step up. Spurs need width in their attack and he has to provide it. Teams last season snuffed Spurs out because no width in their team, that needs to change. Centre backs was their other huge problem but they look to be fixing that finally.

Depending how the season goes the top 5 can be anything. Incredibly hard to predict that. We dont even know the final squads.

Zabojnik

I'd like to make a couple of "artistic" acoustic panels for my music room. The idea is to canvas print a collage of album cover art. I'm currently hand picking single images from Albumartexchange.com. It's going to take me forever. Is there a better way to go about it? Anybody know?

XavieraSimmons.jpg

Blantyre

MU is Top Tier. Their players are garbage, the people says. But that team won the Premier one year ago. They are pretty good.

MU is Top Tier. Their players are garbage, the people says. But that team won the Premier one year ago. They are pretty good.

Some of their players are legit shite relative to what I'd deem Man Utd standard tbh

Holy shit Scrubs should have written Jordan out when she got the plastic surgery that somehow ruined her delivery and acting

You've just got in a right back,

Is that confirmed? Either way, would have preferred to

a) actually buy one
b) get someone who's definitely good in, rather than someone Atletico seeimingly aren't even trying to keep, with a low buyout clause indicative of a lack of ability

Maybe he's boss and I'm just being a bell, but still

How is that Herrera challenge not a penalty? Robbed.

Lightning

Banned
Is that confirmed? Either way, would have preferred to

a) actually buy one
b) get someone who's definitely good in, rather than someone Atletico seeimingly aren't even trying to keep, with a low buyout clause indicative of a lack of ability

Maybe he's boss and I'm just being a bell, but still

How is that Herrera challenge not a penalty? Robbed.
That's basically my view on him too. I was none to amused when we were linked with him. Would have rathered go for Clyne from Southampton who is young and shows the talent required.

Buying that player who Atletico can take back later on if he develops into a decent player seems strange.

Salazar

FEEL THE PAIN

No he isn't.

Salazar is gooey eyed because it was the first major muppetry link. Watching fluffy YouTube clips. Lad's an oaf.

Only timezones, geography, and wrists weaker than a Joe Allen long distance effort keeping me from belting you.

dc89

... or I could just go with ...

http://www.wallpaperhi.com/thumbnails/detail/20120222/women%20music%20pink%20floyd%20back%20music%20bands%20album%20covers%203065x1981%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_85.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Pink Floyd. God tier.

Mastadon

Banned
For 25m. That seems kinda cheap... think they are worth a bit more than that these days. especially Kagawa who is a classy player.

Eh I suppose, but LVG has made it clear that they aren't wanted. Looks like good business on Atleti's part. They make some really smart moves in the transfer window.

Carbonox

The outrage over Newcastle signing Lascelles and Darlow from Forest for pennies. :lol

Newcastle still want another striker too. Why. Riviere is fucking good and Ferreyra will be a more than perfect backup. Unless we're playing 2 up front or Riviere is being boyed off on to the wing.

At least it would effectively end Cisse's career with us. Rumours (lol) are that Ben Arfa will be used to help get Lacazette. Lyon admitted to wanting him back so why the fuck not ay.

El Topo

They stomped the competition that year. It's pretty hilarious that some people pretend that the entire team is shit.

Facism

'UC4 will be like TLoU, did you see the trailer?'

'Drake is a mass murderer lol'

Shut the fuck up you dull cunts.

There's literally little thought put into these sorts of comments outside of trying to be "edgy" or one of those homeless-looking dullards who take their shoes off in starbucks because fuck everyone else who has to smell those horrible fucking feet whilst you look up bands other people haven't heard of on your iWank device.

People get so fucking critical of the most minor things when it comes to games. "OHHHH THE SSAO IS TONED DOWN FROM THE PS3" VERSION. OHHHH I CAN'T USE ANY OTHER PAD THAN THIS SPECIFIC ONE BECAUSE I'M FUNCTIONALLY INEPT AND UNABLE TO ADAPT TO DIFFERING INPUTS."

Such a fucking chore that i'm starting to make use of the ignore feature. dudes just sitting in their mom's houses, drinking Moet, thinking that because they've got an opinion on something, EVERYONE must know it.

Carbonox

There's literally little thought put into these sorts of comments outside of trying to be "edgy" or one of those homeless-looking dullards who take their shoes off in starbucks because fuck everyone else who has to smell those horrible fucking feet whilst you look up bands other people haven't heard of on your iWank device.

People get so fucking critical of the most minor things when it comes to games. "OHHHH THE SSAO IS TONED DOWN FROM THE PS3" VERSION. OHHHH I CAN'T USE ANY OTHER PAD THAN THIS SPECIFIC ONE BECAUSE I'M FUNCTIONALLY INEPT AND UNABLE TO ADAPT TO DIFFERING INPUTS."

Such a fucking chore that i'm starting to make use of the ignore feature. dudes just sitting in their mom's houses, drinking Moet, thinking that because they've got an opinion on something, EVERYONE must know it.

Hah, so true.

Mastadon

Banned
The outrage over Newcastle signing Lascelles and Darlow from Forest for pennies. :lol

Newcastle still want another striker too. Why. Riviere is fucking good and Ferreyra will be a more than perfect backup. Unless we're playing 2 up front or Riviere is being boyed off on to the wing.

At least it would effectively end Cisse's career with us. Rumours (lol) are that Ben Arfa will be used to help get Lacazette. Lyon admitted to wanting him back so why the fuck not ay.

Riviere looks boss. Straight in to my FPL team. What's the goal for Newcastle this year? Top 8? Top 6?

Carbonox

Riviere looks boss. Straight in to my FPL team. What's the goal for Newcastle this year? Top 8? Top 6?

Alan Pardew wants us to strive for Champions League football but given that's not going to happen, I'd personally be happy with top 8 (tiny steps up the ladder pls). Expectations are gonna be high again because of the signings we made and while a Europa League spot isn't impossible at all either, I'm keeping my expectations in check.

We have improved offensively in a very big way but we're still suspect at the back and that will be our primary undoing.

I said that it'll take our defence a while to settle down. I don't think it's as simple as buying new defenders. A bigger issue is that not one of our defenders has played this way before. Adjusting and learning their roles and positions was always going to take time. A good defence takes time to build, for players to develop understanding etc.

Which is not to say that I think our defenders are great and it'll all work out in time. Obviously not - but I think there will be improvements as the season goes on.

The problem with 352 is that the opposition can find space in the spaces between the wing back and covering centre back and that requires our players to really know what thrust starting position should be and in relation to each other.

confuziz

Banned
My predictions for this year

PL
1. Chelsea
2. City
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs

Serie A
1. Roma
2. Juventus
3. Napoli

La liga
1. Real
2. Atletico
3. Barca

Bundesliga
1. ZZZZzzzzzz

Ligue 1
1. ZZZzzzz

Eredivisie
1. Ajax
2. PSV
3. Twente
4. Feyenooit

Primeira Liga
1. Some portugese team with a lot of brazilians.

DBT85

For 25m. That seems kinda cheap... think they are worth a bit more than that these days. especially Kagawa who is a classy player.

They are worth more if you have no desire to let them go. That would appear to not be the case.

I just hope we aren't done in this window.

I'm also stunned by Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom