• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, our strategy seems really fucked up since failing to get Sanchez.

We have gone from Sanchez, to getting in Remy, to then trying for Bony to then enquiring about Cavani, Falcao and Benzema.

And somehow we now seem to be going for Eto'o.

It seems as if there has been no contingency plan for Suarez leaving at all.

There is a real shortage for good striking talent in Europe. Everybody wants to be a number 10. The best strikers are all South American and already play for very big teams.

Feorax

There is a real shortage for good striking talent in Europe. Everybody wants to be a number 10. The best strikers are all South American and already play for very big teams.

That's just it, a versatile number 10 that could cover wide and up top once in a while would be great for us right now.

It almost feels like this would be a much easier problem to solve if Sturridge wasn't so good.

That's just it, a versatile number 10 that could cover wide and up top once in a while would be great for us right now.

It almost feels like this would be a much easier problem to solve if Sturridge wasn't so good.
I don't understand, why would it be easier?

1) Sign Lambert and
2) Keep Suarez or
3) Sign Sanchez or
4) Sign Remy or
5) Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

There must be someone available and realistic

@Viva, if Studge wasn't so good, his injuries wouldn't necessitate buying a striker who is good enough to step in for weeks at a time, but not so good that they'd cost a fuck-tonne and demand to play every game up front. We'd just do it.

El Topo

People were defending him for refusing to shake hands due to the tackles from MLS players.

I'd like to see some of those posts. All I remember at GAF is people pointing out that people were overreacting, I don't remember anyone defending him.

Apparently seeing Javi out for 6 months is "delicious crow".

Classy.

It's pretty fucked up to see people be happy about this.

Edit:
He clarified it, although that still seems weird.

Salvadora

Right, there is a limit to the number of characters in the OP and a poster wants me to add in the French league.

What would you guys be happy with me removing?

Happy for Dortmund.

Baffled as to how Bayern lost two nil, though. It's been three days since we battered them and I fail to believe they've become wildly better in that time.

Or, in simpler terms, Liverpool would murder this Bayern team.

It's a combination of a few things. Travelling to Liverpool at 7 am on the same day wasn't the best idea and Ginter will look better with every match he'll play for us. That were our main problems in defense, we looked slow, not fresh and Ginter did a few mistakes. Playing at Anfield is special but it was a pre-season match for us and not the "final test before the start of the season" or whatever German media came up with. And although it's just the Supercup, matches against Bayern are always taken serious.

But Bayern was also poor today. You guys would have had a nice day with them today as well, that's for sure.

Lightning

Banned
1) Sign Lambert and
2) Keep Suarez or
3) Sign Sanchez or
4) Sign Remy or
5) Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

There must be someone available and realistic

@Viva, if Studge wasn't so good, his injuries wouldn't necessitate buying a striker who is good enough to step in for weeks at a time, but not so good that they'd cost a fuck-tonne and demand to play every game up front. We'd just do it.
The problem is your trying to like for like replace Suarez and that's not possible. It's like when we played a 'Fabregas' system with no Fabregas. It didn't work out.

Stop trying to find another Suarez, get another player, then build a system around the players you've got. You will find it easier once you do this,

Yen

The MGSV stream is just going to be the same one we saw at E3, only played slightly differently. Hype deflated.

Actually the crow comes from Bayern players making plenty of rough challenges during this game..... Martinez being injured is a damn shame, but that's also his fault from what I saw.

Pep before match: "This is a Cup Final as far as I'm concerned"

Completely different situation from the MLS All Star game. A preseason tune-up.

The problem is your trying to like for like replace Suarez and that's not possible. It's like when we played a 'Fabregas' system with no Fabregas. It didn't work out.

Stop trying to find another Suarez, get another player, then build a system around the players you've got. You will find it easier once you do this,

Disagree. Firstly, they don't exist, certainly not within the realms of affordability. Secondly, Remy was supposed to be the guy to give us the squad balance needed, and now we're struggling to find someone else

Michael Owen has Arsenal finishing 5th. He said the same last year. Arsenal if things go right will finish at least 2nd. 4th place is a given; the squad is stronger than last year.

Michael Owen has Arsenal finishing 5th. He said the same last year. Arsenal if things go right will finish at least 2nd. 4th place is a given; the squad is stronger than last year.
If things to right means nothing though. If things go right for City and Chelsea I'd back them to finish above Arsenal.

Hixx

Bu8E3HICEAIsbcK.jpg:large

Someone email this to Ian Ayre so he can finalize Borini pls

Jarnet87

Javi Martinez tore his ACL on purpose to get away from the nightmare of Pepern Munchen. They will now sign Vidal in 2 days time to be the new Mascherano. Kill me.

L1NETT

Wolf Eikrem plays for Cardiff, Daehli on the bench. Fabio not in the squad (injured...dunno)

Anyway, come on Fortune and Coventry

It's the sky blues against the (well ex)Bluebirds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom