• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I can't wait for LAM to come out with "people who actually play football prefer PES".

Hahaha

It's always the same shit.

I like PES, but the shit you hear some PES fans say... You genuinely feel bad for them sometimes.

Edit
Perfect example just above lol.

LAM09

Hahaha

I like PES, but the shit you hear some PES fans say... You genuinely feel bad for them sometimes.

Edit

It's the truth. Either way, last time I noticed, this was a football thread based on REAL footie.

Can someone help me with these fucking Bein Sports streams. I got it all to work but no matter what I do the streams have a weird judder to them. I can't get this fucking shit to look smooth like everyone else says they are!

After the awesomeness that was PES and PES2 I bought PES6 (Adriano: The Game) and PES 2009. Really should've jumped ship after 6 I think.

FIFA 15 shall be bought on PC after a year out in protest at the lack of new engine for PC.

You better join our Pro Club! We are friendly people!
sometimes.

Zabojnik

Hahaha

Edit

It's not like Fifa fans are any different. Most of their opinions of PES' gameplay are based on them trying the demo for 10mins or on a PES they accidentally bought in 2009.

LAM09

It's not like Fifa fans are any different. Most of their opinions of PES' gameplay are based on them trying the demo for 10mins or on a PES they accidentally bought in 2009.

The majority of them are the same. Have hardly played the game, but have something to say.

Remember when they released PES5 on PSP with no Master League?

Seabass you cunt

fish_punch.gif

RiggyRob

Yo, when did Lindegaard get released? I liked him as a back-up keeper.

Also, Adnan having the No. 11 shirt feels right. If only we had someone for No. 7 too...

FootballFan

They say less cringe things imo.

The ones who play ultimate team though... AndresON777 plays it. Please stop. Terrible mode.

They struck gold with it.

#FuckEA.

Yo, when did Lindegaard get released? I liked him as a back-up keeper.

Also, Adnan having the No. 11 shirt feels right. If only we had someone for No. 7 too...

Lindegaard wants first team football. If he doesn't find a club, he'll stay at United.

Daehli assist from a good cross. Cardiff up 2-0.

sohois

City have 4 proper boss strikers :s

Cunts

I think Negredo has a lot more to do to be considered "proper boss".

For all that one could argue injuries impacted his season, we can only judge players on what is in front of us. Negredo played a good amount of games last season and ended up with a quite mediocre return considering City's overall goals.

I think Negredo has a lot more to do to be considered "proper boss".

For all that one could argue injuries impacted his season, we can only judge players on what is in front of us. Negredo played a good amount of games last season and ended up with a quite mediocre return considering City's overall goals.

I was gonna put a disclaimer mentioning Jovetic and Aguero's injuries, and Negredo's horrendous form after his shoulder injury and relative lack of PL goals compared to cup goals, but all 4 of them are boss when fit and confident

Stubo

Can someone help me with these fucking Bein Sports streams. I got it all to work but no matter what I do the streams have a weird judder to them. I can't get this fucking shit to look smooth like everyone else says they are!

You better join our Pro Club! We are friendly people!
sometimes.
The montages I've seen are hilarious, it would be sweet to get some games in with you guys!

Just need to play enough to be back on form this year.

FootballFan

The majority of them are the same. Have hardly played the game, but have something to say.

Other than the legendary PES games on ps2, I have PES 09, 10, 11, 13 and 14. I play it, win the Champions league(GOAT mode), play master league, play my m8s etc. The game is usually pretty good but it still has been behind fifa the whole PS3/360 gen.

Everyone who played and loved PES on the PS2 wishes it were that good again, some just like to pretend it is still that good, and it isn't.

Yen

Other than the legendary PES games on ps2, I have PES 09, 10, 11, 13 and 14. I play it, win the Champions league(GOAT mode), play master league, play my m8s etc. The game is usually pretty good but it still has been behind fifa the whole PS3/360 gen.

Everyone who played and loved PES on the PS2 wishes it were that good again, some just like to pretend it is still that good, and it isn't.
Just release PES5 HD innit

LAM09

Other than the legendary PES games on ps2, I have PES 09, 10, 11, 13 and 14. I play it, win the Champions league(GOAT mode), play master league, play my m8s etc. The game is usually pretty good but it still has been behind fifa this whole gen.

It is nowhere near the PS2 days. I ain't someone that is blind sighted and thinks it's miles better than it is. IMO, PES games on PS3 have had their ups and downs, but they aren't what they used to be.

Having said that, I prefer them to FIFA. The plus point with FIFA is, you actually get a full game. Each year PES was got worse on that front, but I am hoping this year is different. It has been the same story for years though.

Ryan Haynes looks right good

It's only his 4th ever match in the senior team. I was at the game where he made his debut. I've never seen a footballer look so nervous; he threw up he was so nervous. He has been great though however it might take a lot to convince the manager to dislodge Pugh.

sohois

I was gonna put a disclaimer mentioning Jovetic and Aguero's injuries, and Negredo's horrendous form after his shoulder injury and relative lack of PL goals compared to cup goals, but all 4 of them are boss when fit and confident

I just don't think there is evidence to show that Negredo didn't simply hit a lucky patch of form and his standard level isn't what we saw in the second half of the season. There have been all too many strikers with one or two good seasons and a swift return to their real, terrible, ability - Papiss Cisse, to use an obvious example.

In addition: Some people will probably wonder why I didn't single out Jovetic as also not being 'proper boss'. As we have almost zero sample size to judge him on, we are forced to use his prior club form rather than recent season. Furthermore, since he is young he is likely to improve, unlike Negredo who has passed his likely peak and will probably only decline.

edit: However, in defence of Negredo we should consider his impressive returns in the Cup competitions in his favour, which make him more impressive.

L1NETT

It's only his 4th ever match in the senior team. I was at the game where he made his debut. I've never seen a footballer look so nervous; he threw up he was so nervous. He has been great though however it might take a lot to convince the manager to dislodge Pugh.

What about the new manager? :p

WEBSTER fuuuuuuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom