• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danchi

http://www.brandrepublic.com/news/1307872/bt-sport-signs-ian-wright-robbie-savage/?

BT Sport signs Ian Wright and Robbie Savage
mediaweek.co.uk, 14 August 2014, 12:18PM

BT Sport enters the Premier League 2014/15 this Saturday with footballer pundits Ian Wright and Robbie Savage leading its coverage.

Hahahahahahahaaaahaa. :/

BT's choice of pundits is awful. I like the European Football Show because it's basically just the Football Weekly guys, but everywhere else it's so bad.

PowderedToast

Agreed. I think it'll be 4-5-1's and 4-3-3's all season with just one upfront. The midfield should pick up a lot more goals this time round.

I think the issue with Bony is that he just doesn't suit Liverpool's game. We need someone quick. I think we should have hung onto Origi tbh.

i read that lille wanted more than 10m for a straight buy. the loan deal saved us some money, which in light of recent developments is looking like a bit of a pointless benefit.

TeddyBoy

No that's entirely why I wouldn't want Bony. I don't see how he'd fit in to our style of play if he's upfront on his own, and £20m isn't a small amount for a player who will only play a limited role.

Bony would effectively be our Giroud. Not many Arsenal fans would complain about Giroud as second choice, but they do complain about him being first choice. £20m is a lot for a second choice striker, but he's used to the league and can score a few goals.

Jarnet87

There is going to be a meltdown if United lose their opening game to Swansea lol. BRB Moyes beat them 4-1 away from home, BRB 3-5-2 is awful, BRB we needed signings, BRB fuk van Gaal and Woodward. BRB Old Trafford is dead.

Please Lord van Ghaleon crush Swansea.

Arnie

I agree that James Richardson should present everything, but the rest of them are fucking dull.

Half of them come across as the type to masturbate over interception statistics. The other half are just cunts.

There is going to be a meltdown if United lose their opening game to Swansea lol. BRB Moyes beat them 4-1 away from home, BRB 3-5-2 is awful, BRB we needed signings, BRB fuk van Gaal and Woodward. BRB Old Trafford is dead.

Please Lord van Ghaleon crush Swansea.

No there won't. If they start off as badly as Moyes did then I can see it happen. One game though? No.

Meier

Bu_x1EuIYAEMKmd.jpg:large
Ladies love Javi Garcia. I believe that's as big a smile as you get in Russia.

WJD

With only two days to go and with me on my lunch break, here's my pre-tranfser deadline prediction for the season:

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Man United
6. Everton
7. Spurs
18. Leicester
19. Swansea
20. Burnley

and my fantasy team: (what's the code for this years group btw?)

xErVFBC.png

I'm really excited about Bendtner being in the Bundesliga. We need some crazy ass guy like him again, I really miss Arnautovic to be honest.

Wolfsburg is amazing as well. From Morata to Lukaku to Destro to Torres to Bendtner.

Might as well continue to play Olic :lol

Nicktendo86

With only two days to go and with me on my lunch break, here's my pre-tranfser deadline prediction for the season:

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Man United
6. Everton
7. Spurs
18. Leicester
19. Swansea
20. Burnley

and my fantasy team: (what's the code for this years group btw?)

xErVFBC.png

yeah I agree with that, and sadly I don't think we are making any signings of note so 5th is the best we can do. Starting to go from anger to dispair at our transfer dealings this summer.

D_prOdigy

My midfield seems cheap compared to everyone else :/

ZZcbPtG.png

Did have Markovic in there (and Pelle) instead of Henderson (and Lukaku) but then he got injured.

Now fucking everyone is injured.

Hoping Matic can Mourinho my way to some CS points.

EmiPrime

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Man United
6. Everton
7. Spurs

Hard to disagree with that. I had expected United to make some more signings, it's not like they don't have the money. Luckily for them they don't have EL as a distraction so their squad deficiencies might not be so bad.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Was just nipping in here to see if there was a FPL league set up for Neogaf. I'm never any good at it, so maybe it's for the best that I don't join it if there is anyway!

Here's my team currently, although I'm open to feedback:

Fuck 'The Order'

WelcomeSizzlingAfricanrockpython.gif

That's what next gen is all about

The order looks good m8. That game looks great too though, I really hope it feels as good as it looks.

Lad walking about simulator 2015.

You suck.

More "reports that Atletico are "opening talks" with Chelsea over Schurrle.

Jose you'd be crazy to sell him

Not going to happen. Mata at least it was clear Mou didn't like much, Schurrle seems like a real Mou player, and they are constantly out both of them expressing their love for each other.

Was just nipping in here to see if there was a FPL league set up for Neogaf. I'm never any good at it, so maybe it's for the best that I don't join it if there is anyway!

Here's my team currently, although I'm open to feedback:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but wanted to know if there was a Gaf Fantasy League? Also is it cool for me to join?

If you want to join the GAF League the codes are in the OP, you have to quote and scroll down to reveal them.

Fintan

Schurrle's not leaving, I don't think. But we do need to sell one of out foreign players. I think it will be Mikel, but it could be Cech.

Mastadon

Banned
Predictions for the weekend?

Man Utd 2 - 0 Swansea

Leicester 1 - 1 Everton
QPR 0 - 1 Hull
Stoke 3 - 1 Villa
West Brom 0 - 2 Sunderland
West Ham 1 - 1 Spurs

Arsenal 1 - 0 Palace
Liverpool 2 - 0 S'hampton
Newcastle 0 - 3 Man City