• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Conte is gonna waste his talents at the Italy helm. Too young to go there yet.

Such an odd decision. I guess he really was stressed out and wanted a job that's not as demanding as managing a top club. Not sure if coaching Italy in such a delicate period (and with half of Italy ready to jump at his throat just because he's a Juventino) is what he should've gone after.

Meier

Top player... hater!

He isn't terrible, but he's not a top player by any stretch of the imagination. It's the kind of signing that a recently promoted club makes, not one who wants to replace star players with similar talent or at least emerging talent.

Such an odd decision. I guess he really was stressed out and wanted a job that's not as demanding as managing a top club. Not sure if coaching Italy in such a delicate period (and with half of Italy ready to jump at his throat just because he's a Juventino) is what he should've gone after.

a national team is much more stress than juve.

TeddyBoy

I'd be very surprised if we don't get at least 3 tbh. The Dortmund game has given me confidence.

I must admit, we looked good against Dortmund.

I'd like to see Moreno start against Southampton, he's already better than Johnson and Enrique is injured again :/

sohois

Everton got Atsu on loan, 6m on FPL not bad may take a look when he's fit.

Young Players like Ryo Miyachi and Guidetti absolutely destroyed in the dutch league but couldn't get a look in for their clubs, whilst from the sounds of it Atsu did thoroughly average for Vitesse. Doesn't sound much like a hidden bargain

Zabojnik

a national team is much more stress than juve.

Eh, not really though. Higher peaks, certainly, and the EC / WC period is brutal, obviously. But you do get months of downtime in which you can regenerate and prepare for the next blow. With a club, you're constantly getting kicked in the balls.

Speaking of Balo, Puma is contributing like 2M€ to Conte's salary. Balo is here to stay, if Cunte likes it or not, lol.

Meier

FA Cup: Romsey Town manager, 22, to be youngest ever boss
Romsey Town manager James Phillips is set to make FA Cup history on Saturday, with the 22-year-old believed to be the youngest-ever boss in the competition.
Phillips will lead the Wessex League Division One side against Fareham Town in the Extra Preliminary Round.

He was appointed manager of the Hampshire-based club in April and says it will be a huge honour to make FA Cup history at the weekend.

"I'm immensely proud, it's a massive achievement," Phillips told BBC Sport.

Phillips began coaching at Lyndhurst Football Club at the age of 16. He gained his FA Level One badge after doing a course linked to Southampton FC and done through Totton College.

He was offered the position of assistant reserve-team manager at Romsey Town last season before taking over the reins.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28746513

He's moving on to his Uefa B License next month apparently. Got his start with Championship Manager.

LAM09

He isn't terrible, but he's not a top player by any stretch of the imagination. It's the kind of signing that a recently promoted club makes, not one who wants to replace star players with similar talent or at least emerging talent.

It was a joke, but he is on of Hull's better players. He also made the most crosses last season.

Kandinsky

Fuck 'The Order'

WelcomeSizzlingAfricanrockpython.gif

That's what next gen is all about

That game pisses me off, fucking Ico rip off man.

Edit: when is Arsenal's match?, nvm it's Saturday 12:30, will watch.

arkon

My predictions:

Man Utd 1 - 1 Swansea
Leicester 1 - 3 Everton
QPR 2 - 1 Hull
Stoke 1 - 1 Villa
West Brom 1 - 3 Sunderland
West Ham 3 - 0 Spurs
Arsenal 0 - 0 Palace
Liverpool 4 - 3 Southampton
Newcastle 0 - 5 Man City
Burnley 2 - 5 Chelsea

He played up front with Rooney for the last 20 minutes or so against Valencia on Tuesday, he showed some promise albeit only for a short length of time.

Yeah a friend of who went to the game said he looked good up front.

3-4-2-1 suits us much better right now. Mata and Shinji working together, and can rotate Adnan in to start or be used as a sub.

Good not being blessed with an amazing of pace I was worried he may not feature as much. But it's Adnan the future GOAT you gotta give him minutes.

LAM09

My top four prediction is:

1) Chelsea
2) City
3) Utd
4) Arsenal

I don't think they will cut it being in the CL this year, aswell as not having Suarez.

Go_Ly_Dow

Yes its of the up most importance LvG gives Adnan the vote of confidence he needs. Just as Ronaldo was given in 03-04, 04-05 and 05-06 (when things started to click) despite the criticism he received.

Mastadon

Banned
My top four prediction is:

1) Chelsea
2) City
3) Utd
4) Arsenal

I don't think they will cut it being in the CL this year, aswell as not having Suarez.

We could quite feasibly only have 6 CL games though. Probably wouldn't have too much of an impact.

Man Utd 2 - 1 Swansea
Leicester 0 - 1 Everton
QPR 0 - 0 Hull
Stoke 1 - 0 Villa
West Brom 1 - 1 Sunderland
West Ham 1 - 2 Spurs
Arsenal 4 - 0 Palace
Liverpool 2 - 1 Southampton
Newcastle 0 - 2 Man City
Burnley 0 - 2 Chelsea

omgkitty

Liverpool is ripe for the picking here. They steal half of Southampton's team and then Southampton comes in and beats them on the first day of the season. United will falter on the first day and people will call out for signings. Chelsea will batter Burnley because they're fucking Burnley and everyone will say Chelsea are practically the champions already. City will stumble. I think Arsenal beats Palace comfortably but no one will care because Chelsea will win by more.

Man Utd 0 - 0 Swansea
Leicester 1 - 2 Everton
QPR 1 - 1 Hull
Stoke 3 - 0 Villa
West Brom 1 - 1 Sunderland
West Ham 0 - 0 Spurs
Arsenal 3 - 0 Palace
Liverpool 0 - 1 Southampton
Newcastle 2 - 2 Man City
Burnley 1 - 5 Chelsea

operon

Man Utd 3 - 1 Swansea

Leicester 1 - 1Everton
QPR 1 - 0 Hull
Stoke 1 - 0 Villa
West Brom 0 - 1 Sunderland
West Ham 2 - 1 Spurs

Arsenal 2 - 0 Palace
Liverpool 2 - 0 Southampton
Newcastle 0 - 2 Man City
Burnley 0 - 2 Chelsea

Master Griller at Nando's gave me this

Scum

Man Utd 3 - 1 Swansea
Leicester 1 - 3 Everton
QPR 2 - 2 Hull
Stoke 2 - 1 A. Villa
West Brom 2 - 3 Sunderland
West Ham 2 - 1 Spurs
Arsenal 4 - 1 Palace
Liverpool 3 - 3 Southampton
Newcastle 2 - 1 Man City
Burnley 1 - 5 Chelsea

Highlights of the weekend -

lolspurs.
Soldado scores from open play.
Lamela shows up but we lose.
Newcastle shame City like bukkake.
"Costa should be sent off for that!". Scores his second two mins later.
Last min own goal equaliser by Lovren.
Adnan, Mata, Kagawa (playing as MC) and Herrera are best of the bunch.
Lukaku hattrick.
Ramsey brace. Linked with move to R. Madrid soon after.
Happy Hixx. :)
Poor Wes. :-(
QPR vs Hull bores us all to death.

sohois

Shane Long to Saints confirmed then

Dunno about that one

Ignore the price and just consider:

Does he fit into Saints system?

Is he a solid alternative to Pelle?

Is he good enough for their ambitions?

All 3 are true, for me. There's always the argument that Southampton could take the chance on a younger striker with room to grow, but given the risks they're already encountering, I think a safe bet like Long is the wisest choice.

Arnie

Lallana being 2x Shane Long is actually pretty good.

Glad to hear he's on track with his injury.

Would rather start Manquillo and Johnson at the weekend, let Moreno have a full week of training before throwing him in. I want to preserve that Dortmund budo.

L1NETT

Overpaid by about £5m but they've got the money and need players. He's good though, I like Long quite a bit.

I mean sure but he's hardly prolific. Never got into double digits in a PL season and 4 years is a pretty hefty contract for a what, 27/8 year old?

Mastadon

Banned
Woah!

I guess it could be over quickly, if you get a difficult group.

I fancy our chances against anyone in a cup competition to be honest. We'll be a bit of an unknown quantity and I doubt anyone will be desperate to get us in their group. It could well be a horrible group for us though.

When does the group stage draw take place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom