• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAM09

I fancy our chances against anyone in a cup competition to be honest. We'll be a bit of an unknown quantity and I doubt anyone will be desperate to get us in their group. It could well be a horrible group for us though.

When does the group stage draw take place?

Two weeks tomo, I think.

Yen

I remember Kelly's debut at RB versus Lyon he had an absolute stormer. Bombing down the flanks, winning every tackle/block. Then he got injured with like 20 minutes to go - out for 4 months - and Liverpool lost.

Mastadon

Banned
I remember Kelly's debut at RB versus Lyon he had an absolute stormer. Bombing down the flanks, winning every tackle/block. Then he got injured with like 20 minutes to go - out for 4 months - and Liverpool lost.

Yeah he was outstanding in that match. Such a shame it didn't work out for him :(

6 months, but it's really for life, innit. Nobody ever fully recovers from a torn ACL. That's what I choose to believe anyway.

I hope not. He's never been a player reliant on his speed or quickness, so he's probably got that going for him. But it's most likely very difficult to play as physical a game as he used to play after this injury.

Adrian Peterson tore his ACL and had the best season of his life the year after, so I'm hoping modern medicine can get things right for Javi.

WJD

Got tickets to Leicester - Everton through my internship. Doesn't clash with United so should be a decent day out!

My predictions:

Man Utd 1 - 1 Swansea
Leicester 1 - 3 Everton
QPR 2 - 1 Hull
Stoke 1 - 1 Villa
West Brom 1 - 3 Sunderland
West Ham 3 - 0 Spurs
Arsenal 0 - 0 Palace
Liverpool 4 - 3 Southampton
Newcastle 0 - 5 Man City
Burnley 2 - 5 Chelsea

Arsenal beat Palace both home and away and have added Sanchez. How do you figure that will end up as a draw? West Ham beating Spurs won't happen, Spurs have played more as a team over preseason while West Ham have lost several games. Man City won't dismantle Newcastle at that level they will win by two goals max. Hughes has got Stoke playing a more settled style and they've played decent against opposition like Schalke 04 and Betis, while Villa's back line has gotten worse with the additions of Cissoko and Senderos. Liverpool will win don't think it will be as close as 4-3 but I haven't seen any S'hampton games not sure what their preparation has been like. The rest I agree with.

Seriously happy about Conte though. It was going to be either him or--

Mancini-shock-gif.gif

L1NETT

Got tickets to Leicester - Everton through my internship. Doesn't clash with United so should be a decent day out!

You get to see future England star Liam Moore put Lankykaku in his pocket for 90 mins

What's it called, the King Power? Still call it the Walkers

Man Utd 3 - 1 Swansea

Leicester 1 - 1Everton
QPR 1 - 0 Hull
Stoke 1 - 0 Villa
West Brom 0 - 1 Sunderland
West Ham 2 - 1 Spurs

Arsenal 2 - 0 Palace
Liverpool 2 - 0 Southampton
Newcastle 0 - 2 Man City
Burnley 0 - 2 Chelsea

Master Griller at Nando's gave me this

Good Predictions this is how I see opening day playing out.

Is anyone up for doing a predictor league within the thread?

Like 3 points for the right score, 1 for result etc etc bankers all that jazz?

omgkitty

Sam ‏@samuelJayC 2m

Crystal Palace manager Pulis may leave club in next 24 hours, reports @TeleFootball.

Guess we're winning that game on Saturday then.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Man Utd 0 - 0 Swansea
Leicester 0 - 2 Everton
QPR 1 - 1 Hull
Stoke 2 - 1 Villa
West Brom 1 - 3 Sunderland
West Ham 1 - 0 Spurs
Arsenal 4 - 0 Palace
Liverpool 2 - 1 Southampton
Newcastle 0 - 0 Man City
Burnley 0 - 4 Chelsea

arkon

Arsenal beat Palace both home and away and have added Sanchez. How do you figure that will end up as a draw? West Ham beating Spurs won't happen, Spurs have played more as a team over preseason while West Ham have lost several games. Man City won't dismantle Newcastle at that level they will win by two goals max. Hughes has got Stoke playing a more settled style and they've played decent against opposition like Schalke 04 and Betis, while Villa's back line has gotten worse with the additions of Cissoko and Senderos. Liverpool will win don't think it will be as close as 4-3 but I haven't seen any S'hampton games not sure what their preparation has been like. The rest I agree with.

Divination through tea leaves.

Zabojnik

Seriously happy about Conte though. It was going to be either him or--

I'm just not sure what a day to day hammer like him can bring to the national team. He'll want more friendlies / training camps (it was probably one of his demands), which Serie A clubs will oppose like motherfuckers. Dunno, he never struck me as the nazionale type.

phaze

I'm really excited about Bendtner being in the Bundesliga. We need some crazy ass guy like him again, I really miss Arnautovic to be honest.

Wolfsburg is amazing as well. From Morata to Lukaku to Destro to Torres to Bendtner.

Might as well continue to play Olic :lol

Bendner got a contract _ Fucking lol

Sam ‏@samuelJayC 2m

Crystal Palace manager Pulis may leave club in next 24 hours, reports @TeleFootball.

Guess we're winning that game on Saturday then.

No my poor FF team.

Shocking News: UEFA rejected Legias appeal.

pulga

Banned
Is anyone up for doing a predictor league within the thread?

Like 3 points for the right score, 1 for result etc etc bankers all that jazz?

No please, you premfaces just muck up the thread with your walls of text of scores you just pull out of your asses without a second thought.

Please understand.

Keep up pls.

WJD said you can do it on the PL site though.
Sorry :D

Ah yeah, I think you can. I feel like people lose track of that more easily though. Well whatever.

No please, you premfaces just muck up the thread with your walls of text of scores you just pull out of your asses without a second thought.

Please understand.
I'll make a super cup predictor league for you honeybee

L1NETT

Sherwood to Palace

Neil Lennon to Palace

who else is available?

Something odd has happened behind the scenes if Pulis is taking his cap and leaving

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Harry Kane has signed a new contract until 2019. The boy is going to be class this season, much prefer him to Soldado.

Carbonox

Given it's reported in some places that Tony Pulis wasn't happy over lack of support in the transfer window, I wouldn't be surprised if they get Moyes who relishes in a tight budget. He lacks any brain functionality when it comes to big funds so Palace will be the perfect level.

pulga

Banned
SkyItalia reporting that there's talks about Fellaini to Napoli.

Could work, he can easily hide a knife in the 'fro.

arkon

You could get people to title their posts or something for the predictions. So it's easier to search for. Like EPL01 for Premier League Matchday 1 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom