• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Holy shit, well I guess you didn't pay a transfer fee so there's that. And that's around what Ramsey makes so it isn't unprecedented.

Ramsey's on as much as that? Huh.

I don't think we'll pay him as much as that as basic wage. Maybe once performance bonuses are factored in it'll go that high, but we've tried to move away from huge basic wages in recent years.

Fuck it though, Sterling is class. If we do pay him 120k I'll have no qualms.

L1NETT

Holy shit, well I guess you didn't pay a transfer fee so there's that. And that's around what Ramsey makes so it isn't unprecedented.

They didn't?

Did they kidnap him from Loftus Road

Anyways that contract deal makes complete sense. Hugely important to that club, need to tie him down.

I honestly don't even know if you could go to Vegas and do it. I think the sports books here just focus on American sports basically. There may be one or two but it definitely isn't prevalent I doubt. I'd be rich if I could place all the transfer-related bets Bungie does.

Fra$er For$ter to $outhampton - 6/1

sohois

Liverpool just gave Stirling a long-term deal. They're not going to give him another, massive wage boost. Seems the story is just usual tabloid bullshit - no one would believe them if they talked up some big move for Cavani or something, so why believe them on this?

Barzul

Ramsey's on as much as that? Huh.

I don't think we'll pay him as much as that as basic wage. Maybe once performance bonuses are factored in it'll go that high, but we've tried to move away from huge basic wages in recent years.

Fuck it though, Sterling is class. If we do pay him 120k I'll have no qualms.

Yup Ramsey makes the most at Arsenal after Ozil and Sanchez. Around 115k I think.

They didn't?

Did they kidnap him from Loftus Road

Anyways that contract deal makes complete sense. Hugely important to that club, need to tie him down.

I thought he was Cesc Fabregas type scenario where the fee was so low it was almost neglible. We paid 500k for Cesc basically nothing in PL standards.
he's proven to be surprisingly indestructible, so far anyways

Yup, I can't remember him being injured for more than 3 games.

Barzul

Liverpool just gave Stirling a long-term deal. They're not going to give him another, massive wage boost. Seems the story is just usual tabloid bullshit - no one would believe them if they talked up some big move for Cavani or something, so why believe them on this?

City are going to need homegrown players soon. I can see them bidding 40m+ for Sterling if he has another season like last one.

My first two weeks of uni is a blur, you'll love it.

This is my 3rd year at uni, but my 3rd time being a first year

(First time 2010 - Journalism - Wasn't for me, didn't go for the right reasons.

Second 2013 - ITBM - Had to do this last year as kind of a foundation to go onto full computer science.

Third 2014 - Computer Science - This year)

I've lived the fucking dream

Arnie

Pay Sterling what he deserves. If he's our best player next season then we should reward him for that. Wouldn't give it him now, but if he's maintained and even improved upon his current level in January then of give him a significant boost.

Either way he's got everything he needs at Liverpool, primarily being a top manager who he knows will improve him.

TeddyBoy

City are going to need homegrown players soon. I can see them bidding 40m+ for Sterling if he has another season like last one.

We'd never sell Sterling for less than £60m. If they actually wanted him they'd probably have to pay more for him than that as we'd just reply with a 'Not for sale' should anyone enquirer for Sterling.

omgkitty

They probably wouldn't sell but why not just pay up to avoid his head being turned. I'm pretty sure that's why Ramsey got his new contract as he had signed a 5 year one the year before.

Unless we just really shit the bed there's really no reason for any of our players to leave for other PL teams at this point. We have the money to compete with all of them now.

Barzul

Unless we just really shit the bed there's really no reason for any of our players to leave for other PL teams at this point. We have the money to compete with all of them now.

I agree, only way our players join rivals now is probably on a free or they were surplus to requirement. We took less money from Barca for Vermaelen than Utd were offering.

With anyone else, this would be a "Can't wait to get back to uni!"

With you, Willi, it's a "Can't wait to go back to sniff pootang!", isn't it?

What makes you think that stops between term time?

The influx of first years has a certain allure though, I must admit.

Feel like I should have gone to Uni when I finished sixth form/college, but my grades were bad :lol

Oh well.

In other news, have just watched Jumanji, which I haven't seen for years. I don't even remember watching all of it, all I remembered of it was when the boy got sucked into the board game, and that freaked me out at the time :lol

Good fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom