• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

Leicester: Schmeichel, De Laet, Moore, Morgan, Konchesky, Mahrez, King, Drinkwater, Knockaert, Nugent, Ulloa.
Subs: Hammond, Hamer, Schlupp, Hopper, Taylor-Fletcher, Wasilewski, Wood.

Ahh, fucking Paul Konchesky. Can't believe he was ever our starting LB

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Van Gaals interview, depressing

"We were dissapointing"

"No that is short term sort (singing players), we need defenders, you cannot say because of one game that it is the defence, its the team, how we played today, we never played as a team."

"We dont reach the level, because of that, we havent played as a team"

"We decided to change formation in the first hafl because they made the pitch big, we had to press more in front and 4-3-3 was the better system"

"We scored a fantastic goal and had chances to make it 2-1, but chances are not enough"

"The first thing i would say ( to the players) is we are not reaching our level and we have to evaluate why because they have done their utmost best"

"We have to keep our head up and use our second step in the process better than today"

"No it is not only to me but to the players to decide (who goes) I shall say to the players what I think and expect and shall never say you have to go"

Sorry I typed this up as he was talking but its mostly correct.

H1PSTER

... Please Baird, don't get off that bench.

hty23XH.png

pulsemyne

WOW at BT "we have to have a quick talk about swansea". Fuck you, we bloody won the match and you spend 1 minute talking about us. Disgusting.

valeo

Love that the media and certain man u supporters have slowly built the myth around Van Gaal to the point where he was infallible pre season. Fucking hilarious.

So I joined Footy-Gaf though too late to get points this week. Any thing I should take note of? Which "Good players" should I avoid? Also which games should I be watching now (Canadian here so options will be limited)

Edit: Also which goalkeeper would be best for 5 Million Euros?

So I joined Footy-Gaf though too late to get points this week. Any thing I should take note of? Which "Good players" should I avoid? Also which games should I be watching now (Canadian here so options will be limited)

Edit: Also which goalkeeper would be best for 5 Million Euros?

Don't get Mata or Willian

GQman2121

Banned
So loaning Moses to Stoke means we now have only three Homegrown players in the squad (Cesc, Terry and Cahill).

We're also still over the foreign rule--currently at 18. So someone else is likely off by this time next week.

Then again, Gaal had a poor start to his first Bayern season too and then went on to win the double and got into the CL final.

That Young gif :lmao

fuenf

Van Gaal will be getting his bollocks out by October at this rate

It'll be interesting how he does... obviously he got things rolling at Bayern but before Bayern his career was almost over and he was an outcast. At Bayern things started slow, Bayern sucked more often than not but Robben almost always saved our asses. He didnt want to buy new quality players, didnt want Neuer and when Robben was injured after South Africa things started to fall apart quickly... only reason LVG survived the first half of the 2010 season was Gomez... a player he didnt want either.

Sure the Netherlands overperformed in Brazil, but LVG basically once again layed all his eggs in Robben's basket.

Seriously it will be interesting to see how/if he "solves" the EPL puzzle especially if they can't find a game-changer like Robben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom