• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
No doubt about that.

I doubt it. At that time a big name was needed to help not just the team but Moyes too. Unfortunately he went too big.

If we really had the money to match Bale or Ronaldo when we were under the pretence our squad was good, why haven't we spent big on anyone this summer when we desperately need it?

I believe the club made the right noises about Bale. I believe we made an empty promise to match Madrid's bid knowing full well he was going there, and then the fact that the information on the bid leaked meant it was a play to show we can still spend.

There was never any chance of Bale coming to us, and knowing that there was no risk in saying "yeah we'll match their bid".

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbs stop acting as if Robinho left Madrid because of greener pastures lol

Clashed with Capello and deteriorated his standing with the fans and management, dissing the club on occasions. Robinho was a cunt and Madrid was ecstatic to finally see him leave.

I didn't say that. He left Real Madrid and went to Manchester City, that's the point I'm making.

Without the wages City offered, that wouldn't have happened. He didn't even fucking know who City were, he kept referring to them as Chelsea :lol

But they offered him enough for him to go there. You're missing the point I'm making.

The worst part about all this is we can afford it. You look at the money we would free up in salaries by selling the deadwood, our sponsorship deals, the restructured debt deals. We can afford it.

kharma45

If we really had the money to match Bale or Ronaldo when we were under the pretence our squad was good, why haven't we spent big on anyone this summer when we desperately need it?

I believe the club made the right noises about Bale. I believe we made an empty promise to match Madrid's bid knowing full well he was going there, and then the fact that the information on the bid leaked meant it was a play to show we can still spend.

There was never any chance of Bale coming to us, and knowing that there was no risk in saying "yeah we'll match their bid".

It's easy to dismiss the bid for Bale as a way just to almost save face but there was a clear desire to get someone big in.

In my view there could be a worry of doing a City or whatever and ending up with a lot of deadwood players by throwing money around. It's been hard enough to shift the likes of Nani and Anderson and that could be part of our reluctance to go out with a massive recruitment drive.

The lack of Champions League is a big hurt and money can only solve so much.

i'm not sure why ronaldo would want to leave madrid for moyes.

He wouldn't.

Surely the glazers realise it would hurt them as well if we are unable to compete in the long term,

Of course they do

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbz, I thought you were banned for life. Welcome back. Just in time for that Vidal - Benatia - Cuadrado tripletta of dreams.

on that note, there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm when we were linked with Cuadrado in here

"his hair is cool"
"can he even play wing back"
"not that excited"

THEN YOU HAVENT FUCKING WATCHED CUADRADO

Either as RWB or winger he'd be fucking amazing.

L1NETT

Saints look decent enough. People saying they were relegation fodder are off their rocker

Need that on loan centre back match fit though. Yoshida is dozy as fudge

on that note, there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm when we were linked with Cuadrado in here

"his hair is cool"
"can he even play wing back"
"not that excited"

THEN YOU HAVENT FUCKING WATCHED CUADRADO

Either as RWB or winger he'd be fucking amazing.

I remember there being excitement, but I don't think most people here believed the rumors. Some questions were raised about his defensive qualities as a WB but we still said it would be a good buy

Hixx

he clearly did a 'this far' gesture which has nothing to do with someone getting the ball

He was pretty clearly indicating a little touch on the ball. He even says it:

RepentantRepentantImpala.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom