• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I really don't think it should be considered offensive to say that it's more difficult to tell apart members of another race compared to your own. In relative terms they will all look much more similar to each other than they will to people you're familiar with.

It's when it's used dismissively that it's distasteful. "Oh that's Yuki? I thought that was Kim. Damn Asians all look the same to me."

Thank fuck Liverpool won...

My friends who support Arsenal/United would have been unbearable. Can't see Chelsea slipping up to Burnley do kinda hoping Newcastle do us a favour and make Man City drop points.

Hixx

Dzeko
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

fuenf

I still have a feeling that once he got nominated for the Brazilian Team, his Performance got considerably worse. His positioning and especially him hesitating in one on ones is terrible.

pretty much coincides with Bayern winning the triple right? yeah he looks so non-chalant since then, like his head is always somewhere else dunno

Melodrama much? We won, guys. Let's just appreciate the victory for a bit here.

I mean we could be on the wrong end of a 1-2 home loss, but instead we took 3 points out of a fixture that was hell for us last year.

Manquillo, Lovren, Lambert, Sterling, Henderson, Skrtel, Sturridge - there's plenty to be happy about.

How dare you accuse me of melodrama

You can't deny though that that match should, by rights, be a bookend to Lucas and Johnson's careers as starters with Liverpool. Maybe play Lucas in the domestic cups. Can't wait for Moreno to be fit and give us some constant attacking impetus down the touchline. Looking at Clyne make those runs which Johnson used to make all the time, without sacrificing solidity at the back, make me jealous and desperate for a bombing fullback tbh

Jack cw

Incredible Goal from Alaba. Pep should give him a Chance in midfield. Lewandowski already playing better pressing than Madzukic. Good.

GorillaJu

How dare you accuse me of melodrama

You can't deny though that that match should, by rights, be a bookend to Lucas and Johnson's careers as starters with Liverpool. Maybe play Lucas in the domestic cups. Can't wait for Moreno to be fit and give us some constant attacking impetus down the touchline. Looking at Clyne make those runs which Johnson used to make all the time, without sacrificing solidity at the back, make me jealous and desperate for a bombing fullback tbh

It's true Clyne was the perfect contrast to Johnson. You'd wonder who was the one playing for a midtable club and who was playing for last year's runners up.

Walshy

You can't deny though that that match should, by rights, be a bookend to Lucas and Johnson's careers as starters with Liverpool. Maybe play Lucas in the domestic cups
Lucas can't play the role that Gerrard does in the team. He can't play with him either and isn't mobile enough for a Rodgers midfield either since his injury.

I'd rather get rid of him and get a player who compliments the team better. Song might be a decent shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom