• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I mean I'd argue we still need another striker, though isn't he a wide player? IDK it's only a loan. We could take him and never play him like we did with Viviano.
The only reason I can see in us wanting this guy is to help Sanchez settle in. He doesn't play in the positions that are our concern.

Fry

Not easy to start the season having to play against City and Spurs away, but if we could draw and win I think we would be gold.

omgkitty

The only reason I can see in us wanting this guy is to help Sanchez settle in. He doesn't play in the positions that are our concern.

Looking him up he can play ST, RW, LW and CAM. If he can truly play in all those positions and is good, I don't see a problem with signing him, though it makes me feel like we could be seeing someone leave like maybe Podolski or Campbell.

Jimmy_Chilides: Rumour from Italy tonight is that Juventus have now pulled out of signing Monalas, it seems his chosen destination is the Emirates Stadium

Teófilo Gutiérrez just banged in an easy one timer after a great cross.

River Plate 1 - Rosario Central 0 after 15 minutes.

You're welcome, GAF!

pulga

Banned
Seriously is there a man at any club who is as shit as Woodward at doing their job?

uSqleQu.png

It's almost like you didn't watch the World Cup, which is understandable because your national team is shit.

Name me 10 WC Argentine defenders, preferably in our lifetimes. Go.

El Topo

They should have tried to sign Lucas Barrios. Montpellier signed him on loan from the russian club he was playing at

No, they should've signed a true living legend. Who? Fasten your seatbelts.

Kevin. Fucking. Kuranyi.

Yes, he's alive and he's on fire. 4 matches, 4 goals.

hehe Bayern really dodged a bullet there. imagine if Ribery had gone to Real and Diego to Bayern.. wow it would have been a better world for you.

forgot Klose too...
Well, I don't know. Diego was great for Werder but Juve completely killed him. Maybe a move to Bayern would have been better for him.

pulga

Banned
Garay's pretty good

Anyway, I named more than ten, most who have done very well at club level.

I'd only consider Zanetti as WC out of all those.

You fucking people make fun of Demichelis week in and out for crying out loud lololol

I remember everyone talking about where Kuranyi was going. Then he went to fucking Russia/Ukraine/Soviet or whatever it was. I'm kind of glad he did, cause his beard annoyed the shit out of me.

Garay's pretty good

Chelsea Torres made Garay his bitch. I don't think he's pretty good.

Nicktendo86

Ian Ladyman going all in on Di Maria to United.
Am I reading this right? £100million? Jesus fucking Christ, we could get 4-5 decent players for that which would make an actual difference to this team, this sound like attention headline grabbing dick waving nonsense which Woodward seems to be obsessed with. Shake my fucking head.

sohois

It's not like that.

Spurs are not shit and it certainly won't be a walk in the park like it was last season.

Spurs were truly awful against West Ham. Whilst I expect them to improve quite a bit with more time and players returning, they still looked quite a way off being able to roll with the other big teams.

L1NETT

Really hope Palace don't appoint Sherwood.

The reason people rightly moan that there aren't enough young/new managers coming through is because the FUCKING SPURS KIT MAN is getting a second shot at a premier league club despite seemingly having all the managerial ability of a dormant woodlouse

Elchele

Teófilo Gutiérrez just banged in an easy one timer after a great cross.

River Plate 1 - Rosario Central 0 after 15 minutes.

You're welcome, GAF!

River are weak compared to how good they were under Ramón Díaz.

I will watch the Belgrano vs Boca in 3 hours, because there's an honduran player there now, will you watch?

Am I reading this right? £100million? Jesus fucking Christ, we could get 4-5 decent players for that which would make an actual difference to this team, this sound like attention headline grabbing dick waving nonsense which Woodward seems to be obsessed with. Shake my fucking head.

Most expensive purchase ever :lol

Wilbur

Banned
I'd only consider Zanetti as WC out of all those.

You fucking people make fun of Demichelis week in and out for crying out loud lololol

There is a level between earth shatteringly shit and world class, my darling. Zanetti is the best of them. But Zaba, Samuel, Sorin, Heinze.. all played with distinction at club level.

Demichelis was legit better than Kompany in the latter stages of last season, but Kompany's like Rooney where no one ever seems to criticise him.

pappe

I dont care. We need a WC player and have to do whatever we need to do to get them.

We shouldn't be in this situation but we are and things need to be done to fix it.

fuenf

Man, I'm not making any more Özil jokes because ArsenalGAF would kill me. But I was so close the whole time. So close.

well this season will show what kind of a player Özil is.. either the World Cup title will motivate him and put him on another level or he'll be even more complacent. I don't think there's much room inbetween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom