• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me 10 WC Argentine defenders, preferably in our lifetimes. Go.

Joke post? The Argentine back line was easily top three this past cup, and may have been the best. That was after everyone in the world questioned their skill level. All they did was give up one of the lowest goal counts of a finalist in World Cup history.

In my lifetime (no particular order):

Pablo Zabaleta
Daniel Passarella
Javier Zanetti
Roberto Ayala
Walter Samuel
Gabriel Heinze
Ezequiel Garay
Gabriel Milito
Martin Demichelis
Juan Pablo Sorin
Fabricio Coloccini
Nicolás Otamendi
Roberto Sensini
Fernando Cáceres
Nicolás Burdisso
Hugo Campagnaro
Gonzalo Rodriguez
Marcos Rojo

River are weak compared to how good they were under Ramón Díaz.

I will watch the Belgrano vs Boca in 3 hours, because there's an honduran player there now, will you watch?

Well, obviously the entire league is weaker than it was. More players would remain domestically in the 80s and 90s then do so these days.

I'll watch to cheer against Boca any day!

Draconian

It's pretty clear no top players want to go play for a club like United that's lost all its relevance on the European stage. Forget Di Maria and Vidal. United's getting nobody and the sooner you guys accept it, the better.

pulga

Banned
I can't take any list seriously when I ask for WC players and people put up Garay and Demichelis LOL

the corner with bud in is infinitely preferable to any corner with you in, my sweet South American slug

we can talk about Coldplay and the taste of a woman's mouth ass and puss there

implying i know not of a lady's mouth, bum and labia majora?

W i l b u r p o r f a v o r
ibefhJFdeKYMRU.png

Clegg

According to Ladyman United are offering Di Maria similar wages to Rooney and RVP. But agreeing a fee with Madrid will be a problem. Don't think £50m will cut it. Don't think we'll go any higher either.

He also says we're definitely in for Rojo and Blind.

kharma45

We're not going to spend £100m on Di Maria.

If it happens I'll change my username to Vulvalaraza.

Just in case you just saw the headline, that's incl. wages. Fee would be £50m.

According to Ladyman United are offering Di Maria similar wages to Rooney and RVP. But agreeing a fee with Madrid will be a problem. Don't think £50m will cut it.

He also says we're definitely in for Rojo and Blind.

Agreed. It'll likely take up to near £60m.

Elchele

Well, obviously the entire league is weaker than it was. More players would remain domestically in the 80s and 90s then do so these days.

I'll watch to cheer against Boca any day!

I was talking about this River vs. last tournament River :lol
I think the league is good, some young coach with great level are starting to show up and upgrade the type of football in the country.

Showaddy

Well we spent half of the match with one less man, plus it was a big derby away from home. We were a bit crap but Arsenal and Liverpool were a bit crap too, it's the first game of the season. Winning is all that matters, especially when you have so many good players missing (Walker, Sandro, Vertonghen, Dembele, etc).

No point judging teams on the first game, if we did that then we'd expect United to get relegated.

Yeah having to play for 60 minutes with a man down really doesn't help, especially as Capoue had to get dragged out of the midfield to play CB leaving Bentaleb by himself in the middle. The attackers still need a lot of work though and Lennon needs to be dropped.

sohois

Eh, I've seen him a couple of times for Benfica and he's been commanding and quality every time.

Thought he's been decent when I've watched Garay in Benfica's numerous Europa League campaigns as well

Is saying he's pretty good really much praise? It's just... it's there. He's alright. Pretty good. And he's Argentinian, so mentioning him in reply to Pulga's post just made sense innit.

I've hardly ever watched him, so I'll have to take your word for it. I'm mostly going off of vague memories of Utd GAF bemoaning that their only transfer would be Garay and he was only being signed due to agent connections.

In any case, from some posts on here you would think he was one of the best in the world after that world cup, which is still a ways off of your impressions.

I never understood the Lavezzi hype.

he's fast, wow, that's about it

Dude played solid positive football in the World Cup. He was one of the few forwards that showed up at all in the final, only to be bench inexplicably at half. I wouldn't break the bank for him, but he's a solid addition to most teams.

I was talking about this River vs. last tournament River :lol
I think the league is good, some young coach with great level are starting to show up and upgrade the type of football in the country.

You have to specify. How many times has Ramon coached River? :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Would ADM galvanise our attacks? It would be nice to to think so, such a lack of creativity against Swansea and last year.

K1LLER7

oh well

I'm sure some ambitious club would pay for it

ones that like winning titles

just blow the bank already jesus christ, this is depressing. YOURE MANCHESTER UNITED
Even PSG scoffed at 60m m8.

A tean that signed David Luiz for 50m

fuenf

BILD is reporting that Schweini's knee is pretty fucked up. He'll miss the Buli start and the next couple of Germany games. Apparently he has played with an inflamed patellar tendon for the last couple of months and has been getting a ton of injections into his knee. Him playing in Brazil was simply down to his willpower but didnt do much good to his knee. :/

BILD is reporting that Schweini's knee is pretty fucked up. He'll miss the Buli start and the next couple of Germany games. Apparently he has played with an inflamed patellar tendon for the last couple of months and has been getting a ton of injections into his knee. Him playing in Brazil was simply down to his willpower but didnt do much good to his knee. :/

Sit him for the year D:

Children of Men is fucking stunning.

the mind boggles at how they even managed to achieve those tracking shots.

Edit: just read that they were kinda faked. well fuck.

still an brilliant film

Lightning

Banned
Wonder if Bayern will raise the issue with the Germany national team like they did to our country when we gave Robben injections get him through the world cup. Bayern wanted financial compensation from us.

Better sign Gündogan before the window is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom