• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
I remember everyone talking about where Kuranyi was going. Then he went to fucking Russia/Ukraine/Soviet or whatever it was. I'm kind of glad he did, cause his beard annoyed the shit out of me.

Chelsea Torres made Garay his bitch. I don't think he's pretty good.

Garay is utter shit, I don't understand UnitedGAFs obsession with him. There's a reason he's been in the purgatory known as the portuguese league and now in the seventh circle of Hell known as the russian league ever since Madrid dumped his shite ass.

Stubo

Am I reading this right? £100million? Jesus fucking Christ, we could get 4-5 decent players for that which would make an actual difference to this team, this sound like attention headline grabbing dick waving nonsense which Woodward seems to be obsessed with. Shake my fucking head.
If we spend £100m on Di Maria then I will stop watching football.

Surely he's not that stupid. No-one is that stupid.

Pls.

pulga

Banned
Guys

GUYS

Manchester fucking United is not breaking the world transfer fee record over Angel Di Maria

He's good, I love him to death, but he's not THAT good lol

Clegg

Am I reading this right? £100million? Jesus fucking Christ, we could get 4-5 decent players for that which would make an actual difference to this team, this sound like attention headline grabbing dick waving nonsense which Woodward seems to be obsessed with. Shake my fucking head.
I assume that figure is transfer fee + wages. Still an absolute fuckton, but he'd be worth it. Still don't think we'll sign him, but there's a small chance.

Fry

Spurs were truly awful against West Ham. Whilst I expect them to improve quite a bit with more time and players returning, they still looked quite a way off being able to roll with the other big teams.

They weren't thaaat bad and I think we should be more careful so far, I don't think we'll be scoring loads of goals against the top teams like last season so soon.

Either way I'd rather we were more solid at the back than a team that could score 4 or 5 every match and concede 2 or 3.

Wilbur

Banned
Garay is utter shit, I don't understand UnitedGAFs obsession with him. There's a reason he's been in the purgatory known as the portuguese league and now in the seventh circle of Hell known as the russian league ever since Madrid dumped his shite ass.

Obsession, lol

He's pretty good. Not great. I don't think many of us have made posts saying we'd love Garay, or even that we want him. Might be a few, but obsession is stretching it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I mean if Arsenal could got Ozil last summer us getting Di Maria is not out of the question, feels like a big risk though

Stubo

How would you (attempt to) spend £100m if you were in his shoes?

Surely a CB or 2 and Vidal/Khedira/Any CDM would be in the running before a new crazy expensive winger.

Cristiano wouldn't allow Madrid to sell di Maria for more than him
Haha, this is very true.

pulga

Banned
I mean if Arsenal could got Ozil last summer us getting Di Maria is not out of the question, feels like a big risk though

What's the risk? Di Maria is a thousand times the player Ozil is and I would be gutted to see him gone. I gave no fucks when Ozil left.

Wilbur

Banned
How would you (attempt to) spend £100m if you were in his shoes?

Surely a CB or 2 and Vidal/Khedira/Any CDM would be in the running before a new crazy expensive winger.

Can play ADM in centre mid though if we go 4-3-3, like Madrid did. And he offers pace, something we don't have.

He wouldn't be top of my list, but I'd be happy if we signed him.

Dzeko was seriously good today. Citeh have a scary strike force

Always liked Dzeko. Isn't better than RVP like Elsk said but he's class

kharma45

Ladyman muppeting. I like.

£100m :lol suuuuuuuure. Like Wilbz said before we won't spend above £40m for a player and that's pushing it.

Just because we haven't doesn't mean we can't or won't.

Also on that deal. The £100m would cover both the Real Madrid winger's £50m transfer fee and his wages at United (£200k/w)

Clegg

I've read that Di Maria article. The 100m figure is transfer fee and wages combined. So something like a 50m fee and 200k a week in wages. A ridiculous sum but not a 100m fee like others are saying. Don't think we'll sign him but you never know!

Nicktendo86

Thinking about it I can kinda guess LVG's reasoning for Di Maria, parallels to him relying on Robben ant Bayern? I dunno. We need to sort that shambles of a defence so bad.

omgkitty

This is why our players keep getting hurt:

BvRZZ79IMAAdgrL.jpg

Wilbur

Banned

We can. We won't.

I don't think we'll spend over 50m on anyone. Not to make that sound like an insignificant amount, but if ADM costs anymore than that I don't see us doing it.

kharma45

I've read that Di Maria article. The 100m figure is transfer fee and wages combined. So something like a 50m fee and 200k a week in wages. A ridiculous sum but not a 100m fee like others are saying. Don't think we'll sign him but you never know!

I don't see him going for that if PSG were quoted £60m.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs were truly awful against West Ham. Whilst I expect them to improve quite a bit with more time and players returning, they still looked quite a way off being able to roll with the other big teams.

Well we spent half of the match with one less man, plus it was a big derby away from home. We were a bit crap but Arsenal and Liverpool were a bit crap too, it's the first game of the season. Winning is all that matters, especially when you have so many good players missing (Walker, Sandro, Vertonghen, Dembele, etc).

No point judging teams on the first game, if we did that then we'd expect United to get relegated.

pulga

Banned
Obsession, lol

He's pretty good. Not great. I don't think many of us have made posts saying we'd love Garay, or even that we want him. Might be a few, but obsession is stretching it.

If I had the time or the patience to go through UnitedGAFs posts about Garay, I would.

You people haven't shut up about him in three years. He's not special at all.

Also, stop taking words so literally. You understood what I was trying to say, no need to be a confrontational prick about it.

Wilbur

Banned
If I had the time or the patience to go through UnitedGAFs posts about Garay, I would.

You people haven't shut up about him in three years. He's not special at all.

Also, stop taking words so literally. You understood what I was trying to say, no need to be a confrontational prick about it.

2012-03-16-the-definition-of-irony.png

sohois

They weren't thaaat bad and I think we should be more careful so far, I don't think we'll be scoring loads of goals against the top teams like last season so soon.

Either way I'd rather we were more solid at the back than a team that could score 4 or 5 every match and concede 2 or 3.

They were dominated by a Big Sam team with Carlton Cole upfront. But for a rare pen miss they were highly likely to slump to defeat.

I'm not predicting a thumping either, but the turgid Tottenham midfield and a defence still relying on Naughton will see Liverpool going into the game as heavy favourites.

Also the Garay praise seems to be entirely based on his good World Cup, in previous transfer windows he was always treated pretty scornfully when moves away from Benfica were proprosed

Ushojax said:
Well we spent half of the match with one less man, plus it was a big derby away from home. We were a bit crap but Arsenal and Liverpool were a bit crap too, it's the first game of the season. Winning is all that matters, especially when you have so many good players missing (Walker, Sandro, Vertonghen, Dembele, etc).

No point judging teams on the first game, if we did that then we'd expect United to get relegated.

I didn't mention the red since Tottenham most likely were able to win due to the red that West Ham received, so that evened out.

And whilst the defence will be a lot better with Walker, Vertonghen and Davies, it looks like Sandro and Dembele could be on the way out, or at the least Pochettino doesn't fancy them.

Always liked Dzeko. Isn't better than RVP like Elsk said but he's class

I thought he was shit and lazy in his first season, but he's definitely improved under pellegrini. Held the ball up superbly today and didn't stop running.

I think RVP will have a good goal tally at the end of the season as long as he stays fit.

Salvadora

Also the Garay praise seems to be entirely based on his good World Cup, in previous transfer windows he was always treated pretty scornfully when moves away from Benfica were proprosed
Eh, I've seen him a couple of times for Benfica and he's been commanding and quality every time.

Wilbur

Banned
And what have I said wrong, my dearest balding turncloak?

pls

go join bud in the dunce corner

the corner with bud in is infinitely preferable to any corner with you in, my sweet South American slug

we can talk about Coldplay and the taste of a woman's mouth ass and puss there

Tc91

Also on that deal. The £100m would cover both the Real Madrid winger's £50m transfer fee and his wages at United (£200k/w)

It isn't happening, my muppeting days for this summer are over. It's all doom and gloom, we're signing Blind on transfer deadline day and that's it.

Fry

Is Markovic on the bench for the City match?

I wanna see Moreno starting, Johnson benched, and Lucas far away from Manchester.

Wilbur

Banned
They were dominated by a Big Sam team with Carlton Cole upfront. But for a rare pen miss they were highly likely to slump to defeat.

I'm not predicting a thumping either, but the turgid Tottenham midfield and a defence still relying on Naughton will see Liverpool going into the game as heavy favourites.

Thought he's been decent when I've watched Garay in Benfica's numerous Europa League campaigns as well

Is saying he's pretty good really much praise? It's just... it's there. He's alright. Pretty good. And he's Argentinian, so mentioning him in reply to Pulga's post just made sense innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom