• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Casillas in goal means we are shaky at corners. End of story. We have seen this time and time again over the years.

4 goals from set pieces. Casilas is shockingly bad at defending them, the back line panics knowing this.

James doesnt deserve the hate, Perez does. Although you see it in James game he's got no confidence.

Esch

Banned
City sign Radamel Falcao while Arsene Wumger is visibly baffled by people not understanding why he wants to start Yaya Sanogo

iv9KUqvs6WR9Y.gif

True, but I would prefer him to go to Utd.

I don't fear City. Give them Falcao, give them whoever they get their mitts on the last 24 hours FFP be damned.

Panic buys because they have seen that the Jose machine is going to steamroll them back to the dark ages and their best players are all crocked. They'll overplay them to try and keep up all the whilst the little horse doesn't even need to go into a light trot.

A new Chelsea age of dominance is upon us, let the rest of them fight for scraps I say with whatever they can get. Then when all else is done, they'll sack Manuel and maybe we'll get a fight.

Am I srs or am I not?

L1NETT

If City sign Falcao. This will have to be the best transfer window for EPL.

#bestleagueintheworld.

A mean in a sense sure but the financial inequality has never been more apparent than this window. Spending firepower of the top couple and FFP locks these top 6 or so clubs to the top of the prem for here until the sun explodes.

But yep lots of star names coming in so I guess it's good for the "brand" and all that

What do you mean?

It's the biggest wage bill in all of sports.

I mean isn't the Falcao contract so big it'll push them over some regulations

What does FFP even do for summat like this.

Yen

How is City's wage bill not astronomical. Won't Falcao be on something vomit inducingly big?

And if Sinclair and Richards get shafted tomorrow don't they need some English chaps

I am confuse
Sure, City players are taking pay cuts left,right and centre. /s

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
City sign Radamel Falcao while Arsene Wumger is visibly baffled by people not understanding why he wants to start Yaya Sanogo

iv9KUqvs6WR9Y.gif

They just need to tell Sanogo every game is a friendly, that's how he'll score.

Normally the best players cost the most. Let's not talk about overpriced Englishmen. ;)

Suarez cost Liverpool 22mil
Torres cost Chelsea 50mil

I stand by my point that money is ridiculous in football but yes, Englishman are ridiculously overpriced.
I have no idea why....

A mean in a sense sure but the financial inequality has never been more apparent than this window. Spending firepower of the top couple and FFP locks these top 6 or so clubs to the top of the prem for here until the sun explodes.

But yep lots of star names coming in so I guess it's good for the "brand" and all that

I mean isn't the Falcao contract so big it'll push them over some regulations

What does FFP even do for summat like this.

Well they managed to let a few fringe players go so they could probably pay him like £300k/week and the overall wage bill wouldn't change much.

But it makes little difference anyway because as long as they keep signing inside deals, like the one they've just signed with Nissan, their revenue will keep going up. They just need to make sure they don't make a loss. The above combined with the increasing TV deals means they'll be within the regulations next year, most likely.

FFP is rubbish. It won't stop this type of thing happening. Only solution to that is a wage cap.

dc89

I don't fear City. Give them Falcao, give them whoever they get their mitts on the last 24 hours FFP be damned.

Panic buys because they have seen that the Jose machine is going to steamroll them back to the dark ages and their best players are all crocked. They'll overplay them to try and keep up all the whilst the little horse doesn't even need to go into a light trot.

A new Chelsea age of dominance is upon us, let the rest of them fight for scraps I say with whatever they can get. Then when all else is done, they'll sack Manuel and maybe we'll get a fight.

Am I srs or am I not?

You've lost the plot here m8. City do not panic buy lol. We wanted defensive players this window. We signed 2 defenders and a new defensive midfielder with no fuss or on going sagas.

If Falcao happens it's because Negredo wants to go back to Spain and we want 4 strikers. We won't have any players who don't want to be there 100%. Tevez wanted to leave, Pellegrini understood and sold him. We don't want a homesick striker. It's not fair on us and him.

LAM09

Am I srs or am I not?

They are buying for the sake of it. When they lose a few games during the season, their squad will go into meltdown. The boys from the Bridge are here to make history!

L1NETT

I know you are probably bored of me warbling on about financial shit like the football equivalent of Owen Jones but if this Falcao transfer does go through I really am at a loss

When City were spending hundreds of millions when they first got it was cute but this continued splurge of a disgustingly large amount of money is unstoppable

A whole squad of 30mil players, 100 grand a week the lot. It's unbelievable. Surely the highest paid squad this country has ever seen. Whilst other clubs scrabble around trying to stay in business in three tiers of football leagues and many in copious amounts of debt.

Sigh

Edit: Ta for that Viva.

LAM09

I stand by my point that money is ridiculous in football but yes, Englishman are ridiculously overpriced.
I have no idea why....

Torres flopped; he wasn't the same player Liverpool had for a few seasons.

In relation to your second point, it's to do with the HG quota.

I really don't understand it.

They've got Dzeko/Aguero/Jovetic even if they do sell Negredo.

It's mental

They want to win every cup they play in.

Obviously it's unfair on teams that aren't willing to spend money but you can't really knock them for it.

Arsene Wenger will have a grumble about it I reckon.

dc89

I really don't understand it.

They've got Dzeko/Aguero/Jovetic even if they do sell Negredo.

It's mental

To win the league you need more than one class striker. Nowadays, you need more than two.

We've had 4 strikers for seasons now. It's not new, it shouldn't be a shock.

James might have been shit, but it's silly the hate he gets. What is really wrong with Madrid is fucking Florentino.
We also needed a true DM, kroos isn't ready for that role just yet, he plays too upfront. Illari would of been good to be honest.

You can't field kroos, isco and modric and expect to win set piece headers. And with casillas in nets it's a formula for disaster.

Anyways, trying to forget this one. Well played RSO 👏👏👏👏

I have no idea why....
There's very few good ones so the prices of them get inflated. It's simple economics. It's laughable that someone like Adam Lallana should go for more than Nemanja Matic and only 5m less than Cesc Fabregas. Lallana is a good player but lol not 25m good.

Salvadora

To win the league you need more than one class striker. Nowadays, you need more than two.

We've had 4 strikers for seasons now. It's not new, it shouldn't be a shock.

But no other club on planet earth have CFs that compare to City in depth/quality

dc89

They want to win every cup they play in.

Obviously it's unfair on teams that aren't willing to spend money but you can't really knock them for it.

Arsene Wenger will have a grumble about it I reckon.

You know what would make Arsene grumble?

If NYCFC bought Falcao and loaned him to us. Now that would be hilarious.

Yet all they have to do is play James Milner to win.

That's why he's not being featured much. Saving all his energy for Bayern.

Didn't watch the RM game, but based on the performance, can we expect them to retain the CL this year?

Based on that one performance? No way in fucking hell

Based on history/other games this season? Meh, they might.

Bayern, Chelsea or obviously Liverpool m8 will give them a run for their money

dc89

But no other club on planet earth has CFs that compare to City in depth/quality

I feel bad for other clubs because it's pretty damn awesome!

All four of them played a part last season in us winning the two trophies. Well, JoJo to a lesser extent. But that's why it's key. When one striker gets injured or his goals dry up another steps up.

Pellegrini can keep them all happy. It's magical. I recommend Arsene to try it sometime.

Top Bottom