• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

There's very few good ones so the prices of them get inflated. It's simple economics. It's laughable that someone like Adam Lallana should go for more than Nemanja Matic and only 5m less than Cesc Fabregas. Lallana is a good player but lol not 25m good.

People laughed at Henderson being 20mil but he's actually worth that I reckon. Future England captain material if he keeps up his progression.

Llallana is not worth 25mil at all but he might suddenly improve shit loads for unknown reasons.

If Ramsey is worth 40mil then lol I don't understand anymore

Wilbur

Banned
To win the league you need more than one class striker. Nowadays, you need more than two.

We've had 4 strikers for seasons now. It's not new, it shouldn't be a shock.

We have four strikers too, but there's an obvious hierarchy. What about yours? Who is first choice?

Salvadora

I feel bad for other clubs because it's pretty damn awesome!

All four of them played a part last season in us winning the two trophies. Well, JoJo to a lesser extent. But that's why it's key. When one striker gets injured or his goals dry up another steps up.

Pellegrini can keep them all happy. It's magical. I recommend Arsene to try it sometime.
But you said you need more than 2 'awesome' CFs to win the league these days but United did it with 2.

Real Madrid won the Champions League with 1.

Atletico won La Liga with 1.

Chelsea will win the league this season with 1.

3Sixty

Looks like I've missed a hell of an evening.

Alderweireld close to joining and bid made for Sadio Mane

Tomorrow should be fun.

Hindle

Banned
Based on that one performance? No way in fucking hell

Based on history/other games this season? Meh, they might.

Bayern, Chelsea or obviously Liverpool m8 will give them a run for their money

They need to buy a defender or two. Kompany, or Hummels would sort out that defense.

Apparently the Hernandez loan has an option to buy for £18m.

Please go and be really good and a commercial success Pea. Please. We want that £18m.

Classic case of “If it ain’t broken, do not try to fix it”. This one is on our inept transfer policy this year.

I knew second Lopez wore the Milan kit we were Fucking up.

Clegg

Tomorrow will tell a lot about Cleverley. He's wanted by a number of clubs and clearly isn't in Van Gaal's plans. Has a choice whether he wants to stay for the money or go somewhere else for games. Still don't think he'll go to Villa.

Salvadora

Villa played like 40 matches for them last season and also scored quite a bit...
Would he be classed as "awesome" though? Maybe.

Just think it's a bit barmy.

Each of City's 4 CFs could start for other top clubs. No one is doubting you need depth, but like Wilbur said, there should be some hierarchical system in place.

dc89

Laughing at others is the only way we can make ourselves feel good these days. Dont take it away from us.

I'll let you off <3

But you said you need more than 2 'awesome' CFs to win the league these days but United did it with 2.

Real Madrid won the Champions League with 1.

Atletico won La Liga with 1.

Chelsea will win the league this season with 1.

Will they though? Maybe they will, who knows.

Madrid just happen to have one of the GOAT's.
I don't think you can compare La Liga to the PL.
United - ok they did it. But they had RVP having the season of his career.

Just let us have our 4 strikers. Pls.

Kikarian

Tomorrow will tell a lot about Cleverley. He's wanted by a number of clubs and clearly isn't in Van Gaal's plans. Has a choice whether he wants to stay for the money or go somewhere else for games. Still don't think he'll go to Villa.
If I was him I'd leave England and join Valencia, to start his career over.

Would he be classed as "awesome" though? Maybe.

Just think it's a bit barmy.

Each of City's 4 CFs could start for other top clubs. No one is doubting you need depth, but like Wilbur said, there should be some hierarchical system in place.

For whatever reason I missed the awesome part, yeah probably not you're right.

Well there is obviously going to be a hierarchy if they did sign him.

It's going to be Aguero and Falcao and then Dzeko or Jovetic depending on the game.

You don't have to have a dedicated 1, 2, 3, 4.

Wilbur

Banned
Well there is obviously going to be a hierarchy if they did sign him.

It's going to be Aguero and Falcao and then Dzeko or Jovetic depending on the game.

You don't have to have a dedicated 1, 2, 3, 4.

Based on quality though, Welbeck and Hernandez are obvious 3s and 4s. Dzeko and Jovetic are good enough to be 1s and 2s at Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, us. City have four incredible players playing for one or two positions. I can see why they wouldn't be complaining, but it's just a bit of a mad transfer.

Top Bottom